Pirates Drop?

harveyt0206

The worst part about the drop is that you think it's going to be worse than it really is because it is in the dark. After you ride it once you go "oh, okay. That was nothing" I would take a small child on it and not worry at all. There are no protectitve bars to "hold you in" if that tells you anything.

draybook

How high is the drop in Pirates, we have some family who are not fans of that drop feeling.:ROFLOL:

I understand completely. My son and I are the same way. This past trip in December is when we overcame that fear. It actually started on Maelstrom over at Epcot.We kept our eyes open and looked straight ahead. Then we did the same with Pirates. You'll still get that "tickle" feeling, as my son calls it. But once you do it it shouldn't bother you again.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I forget where I found this picture but I have no clue if it is WDW or DLR. Can anyone help me out?
4297653131_7b6f804a62_o.jpg

kerrie

The worst part about the drop is that you think it's going to be worse than it really is because it is in the dark. After you ride it once you go "oh, okay. That was nothing" I would take a small child on it and not worry at all. There are no protectitve bars to "hold you in" if that tells you anything.

I totally agree and my two and three year old on it and they where super fine.

Laura

Premium Member
Well I can tell you that the first time we took our son on Pirates (he was almost 3) he was so terrified by the drop (or waterfall as he called it) that he adamantly refused to ride it ever again. He wouldn't even go near the building, so my husband and I had to spend many trips taking turns riding Pirates while the other one stayed with the boy.

When he was 5 we'd had enough of the silliness and dragged him on it literally kicking and screaming the entire way (oh and we got many stares lol). We wanted to prove to him that the drop he was imagining in his head from when he was 3 was NOT A BIG DEAL. He cried hysterically through the entire beginning of the ride, shaking, wanting out...and then the BIG SCARY DROP came...the moment he'd been dreading for 2 years.

When it was over he stopped crying and said "that was it?" :lol: "That was fun!!!" He's been a HUGE fan of the ride ever since and loves to "survive" the drop and feel all macho about it now. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Well I can tell you that the first time we took our son on Pirates (he was almost 3) he was so terrified by the drop (or waterfall as he called it) that he adamantly refused to ride it ever again. He wouldn't even go near the building, so my husband and I had to spend many trips taking turns riding Pirates while the other one stayed with the boy.

When he was 5 we'd had enough of the silliness and dragged him on it literally kicking and screaming the entire way (oh and we got many stares lol). We wanted to prove to him that the drop he was imagining in his head from when he was 3 was NOT A BIG DEAL. He cried hysterically through the entire beginning of the ride, shaking, wanting out...and then the BIG SCARY DROP came...the moment he'd been dreading for 2 years.

When it was over he stopped crying and said "that was it?" :lol: "That was fun!!!" He's been a HUGE fan of the ride ever since and loves to "survive" the drop and feel all macho about it now. :lol:
Has he ever been on Splash?:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom