News Pirate rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to be replaced with 'under the sea' theme

MickeyLuv'r

While it may feel this is well suited to the resort, there is also the possibility that the demand for these rooms isn’t there any more (if it ever was) so they’re trying a different theme. Despite what some around here like to believe, there isn’t always malicious intent in changes like this. It’s often tied to data suggesting that demand for that room theme has passed and it’s time for something new.
The room theming was great.
I would have stayed there, but I always thought the reason WDW themed them in the first place was because the location was unpopular. Disney wanted to draw people to the least popular/furthest rooms.

WDW rooms get soft updates fairly often ("soft goods" are replaced, like pillows and bedding.) The problem might just be that it is now harder to replace the pirate bedding.

Incomudro

I would have stayed there, but I always thought the reason WDW themed them in the first place was because the location was unpopular. Disney wanted to draw people to the least popular/furthest rooms.

WDW rooms get soft updates fairly often ("soft goods" are replaced, like pillows and bedding.) The problem might just be that it is now harder to replace the pirate bedding.
When we stayed in these rooms, the Pirates movies were in full swing.
I believe the second film was recently released when we stayed there.
My son Dean in particularly was really into the films.
The gift shop at Caribbean Beach had some PotC movie merchandise, we picked up a Jack Sparrow figure there for Dean.
So, yeah - it all clicked perfectly for us at the time.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Might be worth noting that when I stayed there the beds had white blankets and pillowcases, not the themed stuff they have in the article pictures.

rogerrabbitfan9

I would bet if they added Murphy beds the rooms you would have a number of families forgive the distance to the non skylines amenities and make a killing.

vikescaper

We stayed in one of these rooms back in December. It was very interesting having three adults in one of these rooms so I won’t be missing them!

_caleb

Caller: “Yes, I’d like to reserve one of the Fish Under the Sea” rooms.”

Operator: “It’s ENCHANTMENT under the sea!”

F4902438-50CE-49E3-94B5-EDE56FC289DD.jpeg

Patcheslee

I don't mind the themeing, and for 3 of us these would work well since a bed isn't taking up space. I doubt husband would go for paying much more to stay in these rooms because of distance from Skyliner and main pool.

LSLS

For some reason they are really giving me Old Key West vibes. They are fine. Not for me personally as if I'm going to stay at Disney, I'm looking for a lot more over the top theming, but they look nice for what they are. Certainly not worth more money that any other rooms there to me (if they are charging more, no idea), but they are nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom