Pirate and Princess Party

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The event was so much fun tonight.
  • When you enter they roll out the red carpet, have fog machines going so you can't see Main Street until you are through the train station, and when you enter you hear the sound of pixie dust (kind of like a "dream sequence noise").
  • You are given a nice little bag and a treasure map when you enter.
  • Xs are placed around the park where you can stop and get candy, raisins and beads. We filled two bags each with candy. They were really dumping the candy in!
  • Nothing had more than a 5 minute wait.
  • Jack Sparrow was there to meet. He had a 45 minute wait as soon as the park opened. It was so much fun and he seemed to be enjoying it as well. With the PhotoPass being in effect he probably took 5 or so pictures with each person. He was striking one pose then going to another real fast like a photoshoot. Great time and the highlight of the event for this huge Jack Sparrow fan.
  • Goofy was dressed as a pirate and was doing the Jack Sparrow movements the entire night. He was stumbling around and was so much fun to watch. He'd whip out his sword and really get into the sword fights with the kids. As he went to leave after a meet a kid came running up to him and said "Let's fight!" and he stayed and probably sword fought with him for about three minutes or so. They were going back and forth until Goofy got distracted by a pretty girl and the kid used that to his advantage and stabbed Goofy (pretty hard too). Goofy was a whole bunch of fun.
  • Almost everyone was dressed up even if it just meant the pirate Goofy/Mickey hat, crowns, etc. A lot of us adults dressed up too. I was the only Captain Jack Sparrow that I saw (that wasn't under 10 years old). (Using super glue to attach fake beard braids works wonders!)
  • I really expected Pirates of the Caribbean to be packed, but we walked right on and had only two other people in our boat both times.
  • After the firework (10:30) the park was dead. We figure because it was a) Monday night and b) Most of the <10 age group is exhausted by then and leave. Almost every ride we went on we were alone (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, and TTA)
  • The parade was amazing. Jack Sparrow saw me off to the side and pointed at my costume and started clapping so I saluted him (the way Jack does to the hanging pirates in the movie). He laughed at me, did the salute back and bowed down. Earlier in the night when he saw my costume he told me "I really need to start shopping somewhere else!"
  • Nothing P&PP specific but while riding Pirates we noticed the pirate with the muddy feet on the bridge's head was broken. There were like three cracks in his neck, the neck piece was sticking out of the shirt, you could see the inner workings and his head was turning almost completely backwards. Very weird.
It was a great time and the interaction with Jack Sparrow and Goofy really did it for me. I loved it! I recommend going on a Monday within the next couple of weeks. This is a slow time of the year so the tourist will be minimal as it is but I assume Monday nights will be the least likely nights that locals will attend.

WDWFREAK53

I was there for opening night and I forgot to mention the characters and your post reminded me of it.

I was there for a short trip from 1/21-1/24 and while I was there...I saw the most unbelievable characters (not rare...just very fun!) 10 out of 10 stars from me concerning the behaviors of the characters. They really went above and beyond the call of duty on every single occassion I witnessed.

So, kudos to Disney entertainment! Keep up the good work!

(BTW...I was also with Pirate Goofy and Pirate Pluto and while my girlfriend was "scratching behind Pluto's ear" his scarf/medallion/collar fell off. The "character buddy" had a hard time getting it back on so for a good 5 minutes or so Goofy was messing around with us and Pluto was giving his "handler" a tough time too :lol: )

New2WDW

Thanks for the report!
I saw Tinkerbell in some parade pics for this party. Is this the first time Tinkerbell has been in person at WDW? (with the exception of the castle flight)

Scott in GB

Just a quick note. We went the first night and almost everything was wonderfull. The rain caused delays in the parade and the castle stage show, but otherwise didn't cause many problems. If you have seen the castle stage show during the day don't waste your time with it during the party - it is the same show.

Also we found the haunted boat ride on the Liberty Bell to be a complete waste of time. No theming at all. You just got "scary" pirate stories over the speakers while you go around the river.

The fireworks are worth the admission price by themselves. They put Wishes to shame.

WDWFREAK53

Just a quick note. We went the first night and almost everything was wonderfull. The rain caused delays in the parade and the castle stage show, but otherwise didn't cause many problems. If you have seen the castle stage show during the day don't waste your time with it during the party - it is the same show.

Also we found the haunted boat ride on the Liberty Bell to be a complete waste of time. No theming at all. You just got "scary" pirate stories over the speakers while you go around the river.

The fireworks are worth the admission price by themselves. They put Wishes to shame.

Ditto about the fireworks.
Ditto about the riverboat (and if you're on the upper deck...you can't even hear the stories :lol: ) It's cool to take a spin at night on it though.

I don't think it was the rain that caused the delay in the parade though. One of the floats broke down and they needed to bring out the tractor to pull it.

Scott in GB

I don't think it was the rain that caused the delay in the parade though. One of the floats broke down and they needed to bring out the tractor to pull it.
The CM near us kept telling us they were clearing the standing water off the parade path to make it safe for the performers. One of the floats got stuck right in front of us near the hub on Main street. It looked like they forgot to put the fillers in the track and the wheels got stuck. They tried to back up, but that didn't work so they called in the tractor. Another float got stuck for a moment, but got itself free after backing up.

MamaMunk

We were there last night as well. It was definately a great event. Great parade and fireworks. We did spot Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia behind the castle, but were unable to get pictures as they were leaving set. Flounder, Sebastian and a few fish were at the Fantasyland Dance Party. The princes were there with their princess in Toontown as well as John Smith with Pocahontas in the Glades (near bridge between Adventureland and Liberty Square). Donald was near his boat in Toontown dressed as a pirate. And Mickey was in his backyard dressed as a pirate. Abu and Genie were out with Aladdin and Jasmine oppostie them. As far as any other character we saw, they were pretty typical, ones you couls see daily. There was some different entertainment in Adventureland. All in all it was a lot of fun, well worth the price paid!

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I should also add that Mickey and Donald's costumes could have passed as either a well-groomed pirate or a prince.

princelv9.jpg

CavyFreak442

Lets see... in toontown there is Pirate Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Inside county bounty they have a different combo to all the normal rooms. Suzy, Perla, Prince Charming and Cinderella hang out in the normal pals room, Princess Minnie, Princess Daisy, and Aurora and Prince Philip are in the normal Princess room... and then Snow white, her prince, and dopey have been hanging out by the wishing well that is conveniently placed in the normal toontown gang room. Hook & Smee hang out by pirates... along with Jack.. in fantasyland belle can be seen if she decides to come out depending on the weather... and also Eric makes an appearance at the Grotto to join his fishy bride. Just a few adds that I figured everybody might enjoy knowing =)

Valawen9

Aww I didn't know Eric was over in Ariel's Grotto too...otherwise I probably would've waited in line, being that he's my fave prince.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom