Pirate and Princess Party

FanofDinsey1981

thanks for the info. we are going on March 5th, which is a monday. my hope was that since it was a monday the locals wouldn't be there in big numbers. I can't wait to dress up like a pirate!

Chape19714

The Costumes for Mickey and Pluto look like the Cruise line pirate night costumes.

Any word on Lady Tremaine and where she will be?

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Tigger has an upcoming trip report that includes Monday night's Princess and Pirate party. I have never walked on to Buzz before! The lines were completely nonexistent after the fireworks. Of course, I have never walked around WDW with a coat on before either.

I saw the "Jack" Goofy and was cracking up. He had the mannerisms down perfectly!

Magic, Music and Mayhem were also awesome! I read somewhere before I saw the fireworks that the castle is finally a character in the show, as well as the perimeter fireworks used for more than the "wow" factor. All of this is completely true.

Besides that, there were characters out that I have never seen before, like Flounder and Sebastian. All in all a very fun night!

:sohappy:

Tigger has an upcoming trip report that includes Monday night's Princess and Pirate party. I have never walked on to Buzz before! The lines were completely nonexistent after the fireworks. Of course, I have never walked around WDW with a coat on before either.

I saw the "Jack" Goofy and was cracking up. He had the mannerisms down perfectly!

Magic, Music and Mayhem were also awesome! I read somewhere before I saw the fireworks that the castle is finally a character in the show, as well as the perimeter fireworks used for more than the "wow" factor. All of this is completely true.

Besides that, there were characters out that I have never seen before, like Flounder and Sebastian. All in all a very fun night!

:sohappy:

Can't wait to read Tigger's report!

Disney Oracle

From what I hear, Lady Tremaine and the step-sisters have been meeting and greeting behind the castle. Also, Pocahontas and John Smith (and possibly Meeko) have been meeting at the glade on the pathway from Liberty Square into Adventureland. I will know better after I attend the party myself Thursday night.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Best event I have been to at Disney so far.
i am seriously considering buying another ticket to go again (even though I work on main street and can step outside to watch the parade and fireworks if i feel like it)

I did not do the Jack meet and greet. I was a little puzzled by the poor show on disney's part. they had the Jack in the meet and greet, they also had the pirate tutorial going on just down the way and the parade (which he is in *swoooon* )all at the same time...
anyone else notice this?

Chape19714

Best event I have been to at Disney so far.
i am seriously considering buying another ticket to go again (even though I work on main street and can step outside to watch the parade and fireworks if i feel like it)

I did not do the Jack meet and greet. I was a little puzzled by the poor show on disney's part. they had the Jack in the meet and greet, they also had the pirate tutorial going on just down the way and the parade (which he is in *swoooon* )all at the same time...
anyone else notice this?
Ah, no big deal really, The parades roll right by Crystal Palace, so if you look to the distance, you can get a double look at pooh and friends.

Just like Mickey is on stage in front of the castle and meeting in toontown at the same time...Disney Magic!

drew81

I agree about the characters! The characters for this event were top notch. There was really no one there for the party the night I went. I saw all the VIP's in a matter of minutes. Minnie, Daisy, Mickey and Donald were in Toon Town. I went and saw Flounder, Sebastian, Carmen and Fantail at the dance party. Lady Tremaine, Anistasia and Drizella were out behind the castle. Meeko, Pocahontas and John Smith were out in Liberty Square. The Camels from Aladdin were out in Adventureland. Goofy and Pluto were out as well.
Chip n Dale and Stitch were out for the Tomorrowland Dance party. The fireworks and parade were outstanding! I would highly suggest this event!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Ah, no big deal really, The parades roll right by Crystal Palace, so if you look to the distance, you can get a double look at pooh and friends.

Just like Mickey is on stage in front of the castle and meeting in toontown at the same time...Disney Magic!
yeah but toon town and the castle are very far apart
also
the crystal palace is closed during parade time..they reopen for dinner

Cindyrella

I was at the Pirate and Princess Party on 1/26 and 1/29. Both times we got in at 4pm. It was an awesome event. I have been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP, but I think this was my favorite party.

PhotoDave219

Well Photopass seemed to do a decent job with the Jack Sparrow meet and Greet - They used a professional light and softboxed it, using a couple of radio slaves to trigger it. (Guess someone's been reading my criticisms). I'd say that the photos i got from there were better than what the average guest would expect to get.

They're almost there with the shot, light's turned up too much. In that small a room, 1/4 power was all you need; should have been around f/5. If you want to have real fun, take one of their standard SB-800's, flip it to optical slave mode and toss a colored gel on it and light the background a stop or 2 down from the main light.

Overall the party was great. Lots of fun.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The event was so much fun tonight.
  • Almost everyone was dressed up even if it just meant the pirate Goofy/Mickey hat, crowns, etc. A lot of us adults dressed up too. I was the only Captain Jack Sparrow that I saw (that wasn't under 10 years old). (Using super glue to attach fake beard braids works wonders!)
  • Try spirit gum next time. I use it all the time with my Captain Jack Sparrow costume. When applied correctly it will hold just as well and won't take you skin off with the beard. Sweat will also cause super glue to become detached where it won't with spirit gum. The residue left on your skin by spirit gum comes off easily with baby oil.

Valawen9

Try spirit gum next time. I use it all the time with my Captain Jack Sparrow costume. When applied correctly it will hold just as well and won't take you skin off with the beard. Sweat will also cause super glue to become detached where it won't with spirit gum. The residue left on your skin by spirit gum comes off easily with baby oil.

Yeah...spirit gum was what he normally uses but he was all out and it was kind of last minute. So it was either Krazy Glue or wood glue. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom