Pictures of Jasmine?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You may also want to check out some pictures of the belly dancers at Morocco and with Mo'Rockin. Good costumes. Believe they also sell them at the shop next to the performance stage in Morocco.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...etail?id=RestaurantMarrakeshEntertainmentPage

IMG017.JPG
courtesy jesserin

robynchic

Original Poster
You may also want to check out some pictures of the belly dancers at Morocco and with Mo'Rockin. Good costumes. Believe they also sell them at the shop next to the performance stage in Morocco.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...etail?id=RestaurantMarrakeshEntertainmentPage

IMG017.JPG
courtesy jesserin
Oh, I know about that. I actually took a couple of classes with Suspira (she retired from WDW a year or two ago). But the costumes they carry in the store are out of my budget (and lower quality, but don't tell anyone I said that! :zipit:), and the dancers in the pavilion have their costumes custom made by Disney Costuming.

For our competition on Saturday, this is my top and hip scarf:

V0267.jpg

I'm wearing a teal skirt with it. Everyone in my troupe has different colors of the same costume.

Oh! I will be performing on the 7th, so I'll see if I can get video of my very first ever solo performance then. Let's just hope I don't royally screw it up! :p

jesserin

IMG017.JPG
courtesy jesserin

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: I thought I recognized that crappy quality photo! :lol:

why?? have i offended someone? sorry if i have not sure why tho...

You didn't offend. He was joking. :) It's blasphemy seeing a character not in full "character" Or in brians case... not seeing her assets. :lookaroun

KIDDING. But he was just joking. ;)

robynchic

Original Poster
Oh no...

I just got the costumes. The five colors that are really obvious hues are there and fine.

The three that are supposed to be maroon and silver (mine), black and silver and purple and gold?

Black and silver, navy and silver, and blue and silver.

I'm thinking of words that are very un-Disney. These costumes came from Dehli, India. I can't call the vendors, because they only have an Indian phone number.

Oh yeah, and our competition is in two days and the costumes take five days to arrive.

I want to scream.

robynchic

Original Poster
Oh no...

I just got the costumes. The five colors that are really obvious hues are there and fine.

The three that are supposed to be maroon and silver (mine), black and silver and purple and gold?

Black and silver, navy and silver, and blue and silver.

I'm thinking of words that are very un-Disney. These costumes came from Dehli, India. I can't call the vendors, because they only have an Indian phone number.

Oh yeah, and our competition is in two days and the costumes take five days to arrive.

I want to scream.
Long story short update:

The color thing was sorted out. One girl was supposed to have a turquoise costume with a magenta skirt, but the cups (for her bosoms) were too big for her ("one size fits all" my foot!), and one girl had a burgundy and gold top with an orange skirt (her boyfriend goes to VA Tech) that was too small for her. Well, burgundy and gold wouldn't look good with a magenta skirt, but mine (I got the navy and silver costume, with a teal skirt) would look fine with it. So magenta skirt got the navy and silver costume, orange skirt got the turquoise costume, I got the burgundy costume. All happy (and fitting into our costumes well!)

We did the best we could at our competition, but we had a sucky judge. But we had fun, and that's the point!

maggiegrace1

Long story short update:

The color thing was sorted out. One girl was supposed to have a turquoise costume with a magenta skirt, but the cups (for her bosoms) were too big for her ("one size fits all" my foot!), and one girl had a burgundy and gold top with an orange skirt (her boyfriend goes to VA Tech) that was too small for her. Well, burgundy and gold wouldn't look good with a magenta skirt, but mine (I got the navy and silver costume, with a teal skirt) would look fine with it. So magenta skirt got the navy and silver costume, orange skirt got the turquoise costume, I got the burgundy costume. All happy (and fitting into our costumes well!)

We did the best we could at our competition, but we had a sucky judge. But we had fun, and that's the point!
I was wondering what the cups were for...:lookaroun

Why was the judge sucky?

robynchic

Original Poster
I was wondering what the cups were for...:lookaroun

Why was the judge sucky?
Didn't give any constructive criticism, and yet here's the scoring breakdown from her:

10/20 on technique
4/10 on creativity/choreography ("nice use of ethnic style"...yeah right. Belly dance is a dance form of itself! It's not the hip-hop/jazz fusion you were seeing from everyone else!)
4/10 on showmanship
3/5 on costumes
3/5 on overall appearance

If you're going to be grading us so low, at least tell us WHY!

We had one judge that was fair, and gave us the constructive criticism we wanted (although "could have benefited from more rehearsal" was a joke to us- we rehearsed for at least 4 hours a day, every day last week!), then we had a judge that L-O-V-E-D loved us!

joanna71985

Didn't give any constructive criticism, and yet here's the scoring breakdown from her:

10/20 on technique
4/10 on creativity/choreography ("nice use of ethnic style"...yeah right. Belly dance is a dance form of itself! It's not the hip-hop/jazz fusion you were seeing from everyone else!)
4/10 on showmanship
3/5 on costumes
3/5 on overall appearance

If you're going to be grading us so low, at least tell us WHY!

We had one judge that was fair, and gave us the constructive criticism we wanted (although "could have benefited from more rehearsal" was a joke to us- we rehearsed for at least 4 hours a day, every day last week!), then we had a judge that L-O-V-E-D loved us!

Ugh. I hate judges like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom