Pics of the Old North Wing being demo

metscool

Original Poster
Ok so this is a couple of days old but this was as close as I could get to the action of the building.

metscool

Original Poster
I almost forgot about these pictures that I took over near the bus stop.

So then I take a close look and found this.

Then I ran off because for some reason my flash of my camera went off and I ran just in case if I was not suspost to be there.

That same day I was over at AK and took pictures of the new restaurant over at Asia and Kali having a Crane for the rehab.

Teenchy

Thanks for the update & pics.

I have been thinking about the progress since I was just at the Contemporary in December. Not really sad to see the wing go as I dont think it added much to the resort and although I'm a DVC member and would be excited about the opportunity to stay there in the future, I just have mixed feelings about that big new tower taking away from the A-Frame, original Disney Icon.

Hoping for the best.

barnum42

I guess memories for a lot of people being torn down there. Thanks for the pics.

But can you imagine the fuss if they pulled the A-frame down? :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The wings were completed before the tower. Though open by the end of Ocotber 1971, the complete resort was finished by Spring 1972.

kcnole

I hate to see them go but there has been absolutely nothing contemporary looking about either of the wings for a long time. The A Frame structure is still beautiful, but the wings were just basic looking design and didn't fit the theme or expense in any way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom