Pics of the Old North Wing being demo

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How are they tearing down the prefabbed rooms? I can't tell from the photo. Are they just knocking the things down in place or are they trying to remove the room unit then knocking down the remaining skeleton.

For those that don't know, the original Poly buildings and Contemporary Tower were built out of prefab rooms that were stacked by crane onto the building's skeleton. Not sure if the wings were built that way too.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/storyofwdw/WDW page 34 (Large).jpg
http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/storyofwdw/WDW page 40 (Large).jpg
They are demolishing the center first then the outer frame. They are in no way attempting to remove the cells they are simply pulverising them.

CBOMB

Thanks for all the great pictures. On a personal note I am looking forward to seeing how the new Contemporary DVC will look. I think it will look just fine. I also realize it is going to be as controversial as the Wand, and the Hat. I predict there will be numerous threads filled with hate, once the project starts.

I have this inside information from numerous, High-Up. reliable source. Sorry I can't disclose their names.:D

ToTBellHop

Hopefully, however, there won't be a weekly thread either asking when the new DVC wing is coming down or announcing to everyone that someone is privy to information confirming that the DVC wing is coming down next month...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
BALLS!

On a serious note, I did some digging. The Garden Wing rooms arn't slotted in a frame like the tower. They are modular, but were inserted ontop of each other. No way to get one out without removing the two on top. Easier just to demo them all sadly.

Interestingly, the entire Poly was built the same way as the Garden Wings. Only the Contemps tower had the modular framework.

rlaeromech

I'm kinda surprised they haven't come up with a way to hide that,,knowing the way Disney does such a good job of hiding the work they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom