Pics from top of Castle

PKD

I don't know how the photographer would have gotten up there. (And it wasn't Lou up there; he just mentioned them on WDWRadio.) If you look at some of the other pics in the flickr albums from that user, it shows some Cirque backstage photos. Maybe he had a connection with La Nouba?

I'm kinda afraid of heights, but if I were up there and had the chance, I'm not sure I could pass it up. (of course, I'm probably a bit over the weight restriction :lol: )

I didn't see any for La Nouba, it appears he works for the Cirq Show in Vegas called "LOVE" which is the Beatles based show.

figment1985

Wow those were some crazy pictures....lol @ the phantom thing.

I decided I do not want to be Tink anymore...:lookaroun heights scary...:lookaroun

hokielutz

Please pardon my lack of Disney knowledge.....I am fairly new in these parts.

How did 'Lou' get to go up there? I assume that not too many people other than Tink can get this view easily.

Also note, that Tink has a handler that is up in the tower with her just before flight. The CM handler gives her a shove out of the tower, so she has enough speed to make it to the landing spot. Needs the extra momentum because the run/rise ratio is not ideal for completing the journey with only gravity as the acting force.

I would dare to guess that it was a couple of techs that was able to take these pics, as its that time of day that techs are are all over the place loading pyro in the one pic of the fantasyland roof etc... And also note that it was apparently a pretty cold day up there as the thermometer says 40 degrees, BRRRRRRRRR

I sure would have been interested to see how that cable is actually attatched to the castle, if its just anchored around a pole or what?:drevil:

turkyman

And also note that it was apparently a pretty cold day up there as the thermometer says 40 degrees, BRRRRRRRRR

Actually, the needle is off the picture and appears to be WAY past 40. Although I can't tell where it might be pointing, I'm guessing closer to 90. The line on 40 cuts through the whole thermometer and is not part of the needle.

I liked the pics, they were a very original perspective of the park.

loveyloo2

Very cool!!

I'm so glad to know that Tinkerbelle does still fly...I was 3 years old when we went to DL for the first time and Tinkerbelle flying is the ONLY thing I remember...In fact, it's earliest memory I have!!! My little girl will be close to 4 when we go to WDW and I'm hoping she'll have some great memories of that trip...Thanks for sharing!!
:sohappy:

Nicole220

Those are some amazing pictures! I have a lot of respect for Tink because I'm deathly afraid of heights! The phantom thing scares me...:lookaroun

To answer an earlier question, I believe I read somewhere that Tink gets paid $400 a flight. However, I could be wrong.

ImaYoyo

Those are some amazing pictures! I have a lot of respect for Tink because I'm deathly afraid of heights! The phantom thing scares me...:lookaroun

To answer an earlier question, I believe I read somewhere that Tink gets paid $400 a flight. However, I could be wrong.
Nope. In my Labor Management (ETR) days, I handled entertainment for some time. Tink is O&T and simply gets hazard pay on top of her regular pay. Tink's friend that I know from college doens't need to worry about making 400 dollars a night though, her hubby does just fine with the pharmacutical shops he owns.

Actually, the needle is off the picture and appears to be WAY past 40. Although I can't tell where it might be pointing, I'm guessing closer to 90. The line on 40 cuts through the whole thermometer and is not part of the needle.

I liked the pics, they were a very original perspective of the park.

Doh, thankyou for correcting me on that one!!! Ok, thats more like the Florida weather then, lol...

cooleo

I think a zip down that cable would be pretty amazing. I am just an adventurous person. Planning to do parasailing from the Contemporary with my 10 year old son on this upcoming trip. What could be better than a live aerial view of MK. :sohappy:

Timothy Q Mouse

Original Poster
Those are great photos!!!
This may have been asked, but how did you take or get these shots???:veryconfu

I didn't take them and don't know how they were taken, when they were taken or who took them. Lou Mongello mentioned them on his podcast WDWRadio, right at the end of the show. They were posted on the photographer's flickr stream and I just linked to them. They are amazing pics, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom