PI Rumors - New Restaurants

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
From the SavePleasureIsland blog:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2009/12/pi-update-new-restaurants.html

I've heard again that 3 of the new venues on Pleasure Island are going to be from Schussler Creative ideas; possibly by the Landry group. Schussler is same creative force that brought T-REX and Yak & Yeti to Disney. Look for Orange County Chopper's America's Roadhouse (bikers, blues, burgers & bbq), Hot Dog Hall of Fame (frankly the best hot dogs, sausages, dumplings & french-fries in the world) and the Polar Ultra Lounge (ice bar).

Interesting. Anyone else heard these rumors?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Um, 1 for 3 isn't too bad I guess. :ROFLOL:

Polar Bar sounds promising.

Hot Dog place, I am not sure what to think of this. It sounds like a counter service location. Like Wetzel Pretzel. If thats what it is, then who cares about it??? If its more of a pub/sports bar situation, thats cool.

Not even going to talk about the third place. Terrible Terrible Terrible

SirGoofy

So it's just a bar? Then why call it an ice bar? Is the bar made out of ice? Am I showing how much of a college student I am by thinking a bar is only a place to get cheap pitchers en mass? :ROFLOL:

Apparently that's what an Ice Bar is, a bar made out of ice. I can't see that working too well in Florida, but it would definitely be sweet.

And it's going to be in Disney, no cheap pitchers there!

Unless you're going to the Ale House off property...:D

Mad Stitch

Apparently that's what an Ice Bar is, a bar made out of ice. I can't see that working too well in Florida...

That's my thoughts as well. It would take some awfully strong air conditioning units to keep the bar from melting in August. Would bars, stools, tables, etc. molded to look like ice be too cheesy?

SirGoofy

That's my thoughts as well. It would take some awfully strong air conditioning units to keep the bar from melting in August. Would bars, stools, tables, etc. molded to look like ice be too cheesy?

I would think so. If you're going to advertise as an ice bar, you'd better make it authentic.

I could not see that making much money, having to keep the place covered in ice.

Brian_WDW74

MAF

Wow those are the most "trailer-trash" ideas for restaurants that I think I have seen. I hope those rumors are false.

SirGoofy

Wow those are the most "trailer-trash" ideas for restaurants that I think I have seen. I hope those rumors are false.

I like the Hot Dog idea. There's no where to get a good dog out side of Caseys(yes, I know Casey's has the same hot dogs as everywhere else in Disney, but I will always say Casey's is better).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, the hot dog place may work, although looking at the web site it does appear to be an overpriced counter-service place. The OCC place I've never heard of, but DtD could use a good BBQ joint. The ice place however I'm just not getting. The discussions around Dtd seemed to trend towards a need to make the venue more family-friendly. I'm not sure adding a bar to the scene moves the needle in that direction. I'm not saying I'm against it, it just doesn't seem to be in line with what WDW has been talking about recently for DtD.....

DisneyMusician2

I would think so. If you're going to advertise as an ice bar, you'd better make it authentic.

I could not see that making much money, having to keep the place covered in ice.

Actually, it really is a very cool concept, no pun intended. The ice bars I have been to EVERYTHING is ice, down to the stools. Everything is solid.

It would certainly help to cut some of those hot summer days. But it would be a power hog in the hot Florida sun!

SirGoofy

Actually, it really is a very cool concept, no pun intended. The ice bars I have been to EVERYTHING is ice, down to the stools. Everything is solid.

Oh no, don't misunderstand me. I think it's an awesome idea. I'd definitely visit while I'm there.

But it would be a power hog in the hot Florida sun!

This is what I worry about. The cost of running such a place, but as it has been said there is one on I Drive. That being said, I;ve seen the building, and it didn't seem very big, and I don't know what the scale of this one would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom