PHOTOS - What happens to the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' outdoor queue now it's summer?

Bolna

I guess that is what happens if you advertise a NEW Fantasyland that only comes with one truly new attraction so far. People will treat a (in my opinion mot even that well done) restaurant as an attraction. Who would have thought that????

And why can't they allow people to just walk in and check it out between 9 and 11. That would be a great service for those who now have to eat here in order to have a look.

TyrantBoss

You have quite the imagination. Maybe Disney should hire you.

Thanks. They need something because their current imagineers are still thinking like the 70's and 80's and haven't moved forward.

They missed a MASSIVE opportunity with "Storytime with Belle". To have kids walk around with little cardboard/plastic props and act out the story of Beauty and the Best is just a waste of time. It NEEDS to be magical.

Why not a room with a giant screen as the far wall and when the kids come out to act out a part the screen changes with an animated or CGI backdrop depicting each scene. And the characters on the screen interact with the kids acting out the parts...like "Turtle Talk with Crush" and "Laugh Floor".

A hell of a lot more fun than cardboard.

Thanks. They need something because their current imagineers are still thinking like the 70's and 80's and haven't moved forward.

They missed a MASSIVE opportunity with "Storytime with Belle". To have kids walk around with little cardboard/plastic props and act out the story of Beauty and the Best is just a waste of time. It NEEDS to be magical.

Why not a room with a giant screen as the far wall and when the kids come out to act out a part the screen changes with an animated or CGI backdrop depicting each scene. And the characters on the screen interact with the kids acting out the parts...like "Turtle Talk with Crush" and "Laugh Floor".

A hell of a lot more fun than cardboard.
You are sooo right! But I think maybe it is for very little ones who couldn't take all of that in or understand, not sure. Or maybe they are trying to appease the grandparents. Not sure. I see what your saying. But it's not like many of Disney's rides are geared like that...unless I just don't see it like you do. I didn't do Turtle Talk with Crush or Laugh Floor. =/ I'll have to in October. I did Enchanted Tales With Belle just to meet her and get a pic with her in her pretty dress, since in Epcot she just wears boring blue. I wanted her to sign at Enchanted Tales with Belle and they said they didn't do signings there. So I met her twice. At Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, and later in Epcot to get her signature. I got lucky though. It was the same actress. =p

I'm a teenager and my mom made me hold one of the cardboard props and be a part of the story. -_- I was like, this is for little kids mom.... o.o

TyrantBoss

You are sooo right! But I think maybe it is for very little ones who couldn't take all of that in or understand, not sure. Or maybe they are trying to appease the grandparents. Not sure. I see what your saying. But it's not like many of Disney's rides are geared like that...unless I just don't see it like you do. I didn't do Turtle Talk with Crush or Laugh Floor. =/ I'll have to in October. I did Enchanted Tales With Belle just to meet her and get a pic with her in her pretty dress, since in Epcot she just wears boring blue. I wanted her to sign at Enchanted Tales with Belle and they said they didn't do signings there. So I met her twice. At Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, and later in Epcot to get her signature. I got lucky though. It was the same actress. =p

I'm a teenager and my mom made me hold one of the cardboard props and be a part of the story. -_- I was like, this is for little kids mom.... o.o

Exactly....Little Kids.
That is my biggest problem with that attraction...it is for the wee ones.
Disney's intent was to make rides and attractions for everyone. Disney dropped the ball on that one big time.

WDWDad13

Awesome! If you don't want to eat there that leaves more room for me when I go back. Personally I LOVED it, especially since I ate in the West Wing. THAT was worth everything. The atmosphere alone was worth the price of the meal.

wonder why they don't server a light breakfast in there to try to get more people in the door throughout the day

8-11 could be breakfast hours

Well, the wee wee ones need rides too. Ya know. I mean as a mom of a little one who is maybe too small to catch everything on a screen or is easily scared, loud sounds, anything, I mean, I would love to take my little one on that Tale. So cuuute! You know they have to have rides for the 5 and 6 year olds.
And they have to have rides for big kids.
And then tweens,
and teens and
adults and so on.
Not sure what grandparents like to do, other than grandparent. lol
Disney can make lil kid rides, (I guess I partially like the ride, it was kinda cute to me) but they need some more coasters and some decor from more adult flicks. I didn't get to the Pirates part of the park, but I hope it's like fantasyland , you know how it's like you are walking through Belle's movie. Pirates should be like that. Walking through Tortuga. Arrr. Prince Of Persia would be fun too. That could be gorgeous. hmm. What do guys like to do?. I like these lil kid rides and just being in a nice atmosphere. xD

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm torn on if this is ridiculous or nice but leaning towards ridiculous. If you are crazy enough (or dumb enough depending on your opinion) to wait 2-3 hours for lunch, it's a you problem if you sweat to death or drown.

This. There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I would wait that long for anything.

DDuckFan130

...I thought that surely Steve was placing a joke on us to lighten the mood a bit on the boards, but then I saw the pics and they just don't look photoshopped....

Umbrellas? At least they're trying. When I was there (and had a FP courtesy of hotel reservations + DME) we bypassed a huge, miserable looking crowd waiting to get in.

Looks awful, sure. Ridiculous, even. Not sure there's a solid enough "fix" to this issue. Not to mention that no matter WHAT Disney does, people are going to and moan about it here anyhow.

Darned if you do, and also if you don't.

I'm so glad someone else gets it! All the complaining is what drives me away from these forums for long periods of time. And it's progressively gotten worse in the 10 years I've been a member. The umbrellas are "silly," but God forbid they built a structure that would not let us see the majesty of the Beast's castle in all its glory. You're right. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The Starbucks thread is a good example of this.

Ok enough of my and moaning then lol

Soarin' Over Pgh

wonder why they don't server a light breakfast in there to try to get more people in the door throughout the day

8-11 could be breakfast hours

Lunch is already a nightmare, from what I've heard, dinner is too... I can't imagine how bad breakfast lines would be. And what about the guests who are waiting for breakfast... and now it's lunchtime?

I'm just glad I got a FP+ thingie and didn't have to wait in that long, hot line. Because I wouldn't have. I'm glad I got to experience a meal here... because I won't do it again.

WDWDad13

Lunch is already a nightmare, from what I've heard, dinner is too... I can't imagine how bad breakfast lines would be. And what about the guests who are waiting for breakfast... and now it's lunchtime?

I'm just glad I got a FP+ thingie and didn't have to wait in that long, hot line. Because I wouldn't have. I'm glad I got to experience a meal here... because I won't do it again.

that's where fastpass+ will hopefully solve all of this or require reservations for breakfast and lunch

tissandtully

And to cut everyone off at the pass....I was referrring to the info that was posted on the main page here about the whole umbrella thing that states:

"The Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' is still exceptionally popular, with the lunch queue starting to form at park opening. Now it's summer things are getting both hot and wet. Disney has you covered, and cast members are now handing out large Disney Golf umbrellas to those in the queue. Check out the photos below."

So while some only wait 45 mins to an hour, some people are waiting a lot longer.

That's actually not most people, I've been able to get in a short queue at the time the restaurant opens. But my criticism of your comment still stands, why do you care how other people spend their time? Heck, it works in your favor since they aren't filling up the rides.

nepalostparks

For those complaining that "it looks awful" let's review the mantra, since everyone likes to pull out the list on so many other issues:

Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency

Certainly the umbrellas help shade the people under them in the sun, reducing stress from heat, along with blocking some of the rays to reduce sunburn. That seems to promote guest Safety.

And certainly Disney isn't required to provide these to guests, but it's a nice gesture for those who decide to wait in line (arguments on whether or not its worth waiting for aside), and I'm sure is nice in the event its raining. That seems to be a Courtesy for guests.

Seems like Disney is putting Safety and Courtesy first. And handing out umbrellas for guest's temporary use doesn't seem to put Efficiency above any of the other three, so I think we're all clear here.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
For those complaining that "it looks awful" let's review the mantra, since everyone likes to pull out the list on so many other issues:

Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency

Certainly the umbrellas help shade the people under them in the sun, reducing stress from heat, along with blocking some of the rays to reduce sunburn. That seems to promote guest Safety.

And certainly Disney isn't required to provide these to guests, but it's a nice gesture for those who decide to wait in line (arguments on whether or not its worth waiting for aside), and I'm sure is nice in the event its raining. That seems to be a Courtesy for guests.

Seems like Disney is putting Safety and Courtesy first. And handing out umbrellas for guest's temporary use doesn't seem to put Efficiency above any of the other three, so I think we're all clear here.
Not only that, they are also dishing out cups of water, and they post numerous cast throughout the area to keep people updated with wait times and to answer any questions. I can think of a good number of theme parks where you are left to your own devices in such situations.

Dads 2 Boys

That's actually not most people, I've been able to get in a short queue at the time the restaurant opens. But my criticism of your comment still stands, why do you care how other people spend their time? Heck, it works in your favor since they aren't filling up the rides.

Who said I care what people do? Not me. I don't give a rats behind what anyone does with their time for the reason you said.

tissandtully

Not only that, they are also dishing out cups of water, and they post numerous cast throughout the area to keep people updated with wait times and to answer any questions. I can think of a good number of theme parks where you are left to your own devices in such situations.

I think they know that hungry AND annoyed doesn't mix well. Ha ha. Good on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom