PHOTOS - What happens to the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' outdoor queue now it's summer?

Ariel484

It's kind of silly, but overall I think it's fine. Agree with @Master Yoda - I like that they didn't build a huge lobby since demand WILL go down some day. And Disney in June is crazy hot (I was there this time 2 years ago)...not sure what else they could do beyond hand out some umbrellas.

Soarin' Over Pgh

...I thought that surely Steve was placing a joke on us to lighten the mood a bit on the boards, but then I saw the pics and they just don't look photoshopped....

Umbrellas? At least they're trying. When I was there (and had a FP courtesy of hotel reservations + DME) we bypassed a huge, miserable looking crowd waiting to get in.

Looks awful, sure. Ridiculous, even. Not sure there's a solid enough "fix" to this issue. Not to mention that no matter WHAT Disney does, people are going to and moan about it here anyhow.

Darned if you do, and also if you don't.

Timekeeper

I've been to a few restaurants here in the states that are equipped with this magical technology that allows for people to wander away for a little bit and then get notified by a pleasant sensation emanating from their pocket that lets them know that their table is now ready...

Come to think of it, Dumbo has implemented this magical technology that, ironically, is commonly associated with restaurants. o_O

I've been to a few restaurants here in the states that are equipped with this magical technology that allows for people to wander away for a little bit and then get notified by a pleasant sensation emanating from their pocket that lets them know that their table is now ready...

Come to think of it, Dumbo has implemented this magical technology that, ironically, is commonly associated with restaurants. o_O
You wait in line, then once you get inside order on a computer and they give you a rose that let's you know when your order is ready. Then you walk inside and pick where you want to sit. Sit down. Your rose goes off. Then you get your food.
lol Dumbo. I rode his ride!
P01-4.JPG

TyrantBoss

I can't believe they didn't have the foresight to build a larger lobby for an extended queue (knowing what the demand would be for the first few years). Ridiculous.

I agree. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. How many times is Disney going to have to do this before they think ahead and say, "You know....it might get really hot and really wet for about 4 months of the year. Maybe we should do something about that."

TyrantBoss

I don't get it... the food especially at lunch is not all that fabulous. I have eaten there for dinner, it was pretty good but not spectacular over some other WDW restaurants. The inside however IS amazing... but it's not worth wasting 2-3 hours of park time to see

Awesome! If you don't want to eat there that leaves more room for me when I go back. Personally I LOVED it, especially since I ate in the West Wing. THAT was worth everything. The atmosphere alone was worth the price of the meal.

Ignohippo

I agree. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. How many times is Disney going to have to do this before they think ahead and say, "You know....it might get really hot and really wet for about 4 months of the year. Maybe we should do something about that."

It's Florida. Try 8 months! ;)

They weren't just creating a restaurant, they were creating an attraction. It's only common sense to know there would be a pretty substantial line.

TyrantBoss

You would think...when Imagineers planned this...that they would have a much longer cue area which would be the inside of the castle...like the great hallway so guests could be inside in a cooler and drier setting...at the same time they could take in the castle surroundings, architecture, etc and be entertained by castle staff CMs and some talking furniture while waiting.

It would not have taken much more to plan it that way. Now I am waiting for the garish awning they will put up one day after numerous complaints from customers who don't like holding umbrellas...and that awning will totally kills the aesthetic of the place.

TyrantBoss

You wait in line, then once you get inside order on a computer and they give you a rose that let's you know when your order is ready. Then you walk inside and pick where you want to sit. Sit down. Your rose goes off. Then you get your food.
lol Dumbo. I rode his ride!
P01-4.JPG

Yeah...like I said before....Disney totally missed the opportunity to build a lavish great hall and give guests access to the great hall, comfy chairs, Belle's giant library, etc. and have CMs greeting them and telling them about the tapestries and the architecture. And to have some living furniture here and there as a surprise while you wait. One of those rose notifiers would be yours as you tour the castle, then you are ushered into the restaurant when your table is ready.

Dads 2 Boys

And to cut everyone off at the pass....I was referrring to the info that was posted on the main page here about the whole umbrella thing that states:

"The Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' is still exceptionally popular, with the lunch queue starting to form at park opening. Now it's summer things are getting both hot and wet. Disney has you covered, and cast members are now handing out large Disney Golf umbrellas to those in the queue. Check out the photos below."

So while some only wait 45 mins to an hour, some people are waiting a lot longer.

Yeah...like I said before....Disney totally missed the opportunity to build a lavish great hall and give guests access to the great hall, comfy chairs, Belle's giant library, etc. and have CMs greeting them and telling them about the tapestries and the architecture. And to have some living furniture here and there as a surprise while you wait. One of those rose notifiers would be yours as you tour the castle, then you are ushered into the restaurant when your table is ready.
You have quite the imagination. Maybe Disney should hire you.

Timekeeper

You would think...when Imagineers planned this...that they would have a much longer cue area which would be the inside of the castle...like the great hallway so guests could be inside in a cooler and drier setting...at the same time they could take in the castle surroundings, architecture, etc and be entertained by castle staff CMs and some talking furniture while waiting.

It would not have taken much more to plan it that way. Now I am waiting for the garish awning they will put up one day after numerous complaints from customers who don't like holding umbrellas...and that awning will totally kills the aesthetic of the place.

Exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom