PHOTOS - What happens to the 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' outdoor queue now it's summer?

Nemo14

Are they passing them out to people or are they mounted somewhere? It looks like people are holding them.

muteki

Are they passing them out to people or are they mounted somewhere? It looks like people are holding them.
I thought this was pretty funny when I saw pictures of it last week and thought it was one well-prepared tour group. But Disney is actually handing them out to people in line? That's just hilarious. What people will go through for so-so food in a pretty room is beyond me. I will look forward to a Test-Track scaffold in FLE soon.

I'm torn on if this is ridiculous or nice but leaning towards ridiculous. If you are crazy enough (or dumb enough depending on your opinion) to wait 2-3 hours for lunch, it's a you problem if you sweat to death or drown.

I was just at Disney World like 11 days ago and we waited in line for Lunch at Be Our Guest and it was less than an hour. In fact, the wait was I think less than the 45 mins they told us it would be. And they have an attendant out giving people cups of icy cold water while they wait in line. It was nice. We had a party of 11 and it wasn't even packed inside and we all were able to eat together just fine.

Went like a dream. So gorgeous inside. <3

We sent one person in our group to stand in line for us while the rest of us tried to get our people together. Disney said it was fine that we weren't all together in line as long as we were together by the time we got up to the front and an attendant showed us in. Wasn't bad. Wasn't a a bad wait line/time.

We were in line sometime in the hour of 11. I was worried it would be bad and that we should have gotten in line at like 10, but it wasn't at all. Had me confused with all the stuff I read online about needing to be in line super early and long wait times.

lol The people look pretty histerical holding umbrellas.:confused::p
I think the water I got was better than an umbrella.
I mean, we were carrying umbrellas around with us anyway... since it rains off and on like crazy down there... o.0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm torn on if this is ridiculous or nice but leaning towards ridiculous. If you are crazy enough (or dumb enough depending on your opinion) to wait 2-3 hours for lunch, it's a you problem if you sweat to death or drown.

I don't think anyone is waiting near that long. Last time we did lunch our spot in line was about 10' past the bridge. We were inside in under 1/2 an hour.

Atomicmickey

A few thoughts on this....

Yes, umbrellas are better than a permanent covering, but still. Try to immerse yourself in that environment with a pile of umbrellas. Try to get a great pic of the bridge?

In future, theoretically, shouldn't NextGen take care of this?

As others have said, queing up for lunch at park open, hmm.

I guess giving out umbrellas is "nice" now...but I wonder if Disney anticipated this cluster when they designed this. Something tells me, not.

WDWDad13

I don't get it... the food especially at lunch is not all that fabulous. I have eaten there for dinner, it was pretty good but not spectacular over some other WDW restaurants. The inside however IS amazing... but it's not worth wasting 2-3 hours of park time to see

tissandtully

No one is waiting that long, also, you can't even check out the inside without waiting in the line. I think people who judge how other people spend their time can go drown themselves as well :)

tissandtully

I don't get it... the food especially at lunch is not all that fabulous. I have eaten there for dinner, it was pretty good but not spectacular over some other WDW restaurants. The inside however IS amazing... but it's not worth wasting 2-3 hours of park time to see

Where are you seeing it's 2-3 hours? It's at most 45 minutes when the line is across the bridge.

*gasps* YES IT IS! So you would skip eating there altogether? =o
I loved just being there.
The food was so-so. I think Epcot as an entire park has the best Disney Food.
I just had to go inside Belle's castle though. Well, Beast's castle. Magical....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom