PHOTOS - Town Square Theater FASTPASS now in service

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thank you for the photos! Love them!

I am curious though, with the fast passes, you have been able to come in any time after the time window - not just between the hours specified on the fast pass ticket. Do you think they will let you in after your time or are they cracking down on it?

Thank you!

:wave:
See post 17.... :animwink:

bsiev1977

Thank you for the photos! Love them!

I am curious though, with the fast passes, you have been able to come in any time after the time window - not just between the hours specified on the fast pass ticket. Do you think they will let you in after your time or are they cracking down on it?

Thank you!

:wave:

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that FP times will be strictly enforced for this one.

ptaylor

Premium Member
They have been doing a park wide announcement at 9am letting guests know where to meet Mickey and the Princesses.

Interestingly, wait times have not been that big so far. 30 mins is the biggest I have seen so far, and 10 mins seems typical. I'm not sure if its because they are so much more efficient now in the new location, or if guests don't know they are there.

Dwarful

Yikes. I agree with others...I could see this really dragging wait times out, esp. if they don't enforce the return time. I think we will see how its going when we arrive before making any real decisions though.

WDW1974

Long, long ago in a kingdom not so very far away ... you used to be able to simply meet your character pals while walking through a MAGICal park.

Now ... tickets to reserve a meet time?

Progress? You decide.

NewfieFan

Long, long ago in a kingdom not so very far away ... you used to be able to simply meet your character pals while walking through a MAGICal park.

Now ... tickets to reserve a meet time?

Progress? You decide.

Ok, I'll bite! How many times do we go over this?

Yes, roaming characters were cool in theory... but it just doesn't work this day and age. They're way too popular... the characters were mobbed back in the day (I can only imagine what it would be like now). Forgeting all other issues, this is just plain safer for all involved (CMs and guests).

And guests like character M&Gs... just b/c they're not your "cup of tea" doesn't make their popularity less so. I happen to own two of those guests that love characters. Disney World is more about the characters than the rides for my children... that's their WDW experience. I will gladly queue up for any character if that's what they like!

So now, in a kingdom not so far away you can queue up to meet your favorite characters (and get a FP), get your couple minutes of uninterupted time, and get a picture without someone else's kids in the frame!

Progess!?! Heck yeah!!!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
The real question is what is that green box that the guy is carrying coming out of backstage in the first photo?

WDW1974

Ok, I'll bite! How many times do we go over this?

Yes, roaming characters were cool in theory... but it just doesn't work this day and age. They're way too popular... the characters were mobbed back in the day (I can only imagine what it would be like now). Forgeting all other issues, this is just plain safer for all involved (CMs and guests).

Characters still roam at DLP ... at HKDL ... at TDR ... and even at DL.
Hell, I've seen them pop up at WDW at certain times (sometimes a hotel lobby, sometimes an EMH night etc).

I'm not saying it would work at WDW anymore because guests have become so ... well, boorish would be the word that comes to mind.

And guests like character M&Gs... just b/c they're not your "cup of tea" doesn't make their popularity less so. I happen to own two of those guests that love characters. Disney World is more about the characters than the rides for my children... that's their WDW experience. I will gladly queue up for any character if that's what they like!

So now, in a kingdom not so far away you can queue up to meet your favorite characters (and get a FP), get your couple minutes of uninterupted time, and get a picture without someone else's kids in the frame!

Progess!?! Heck yeah!!!

Everyone is different. If my kids got more joy out of foamheads then anything else, I might save my money and take them to a Disney on Ice show:D instead of spending thousands of dollars to bring them to WDW.

But I don't have a problem with meet-greet-and-gropes, per se. I do have a problem with them taking the place of real entertainers and shows. I do have a problem with them being stuck where they don't belong. I don't care how 'nice' this area may be, how do toons fit into the Main Street story? They don't.

And has anyone answered this, but are they going to close during parades and castle shows? The cardinal rule with characters was always there's only one Mickey, one Goofy, one Snow White etc ... I am fairly certain Disney doesn't care about this anymore.

kittybubbles

just wondering

as this is the first meet and greet w/ a FastPass option, was wondering if there is any type of protocol that anyone knows of...as in, DD is the only one in our party that would be meeting MM or the Princesses but we would be with her. I imagine I will get three fast passes, but I am wondering if I really only need one as she will be the only one in the party really spending any time with the characters....

mm52200

Or to people complaining about fastpass, there is still the regular stand by line just like the judge's tent or any of his other meet and greets. So you don't have to use Fastpass, it's simply an additional option.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
as this is the first meet and greet w/ a FastPass option, was wondering if there is any type of protocol that anyone knows of...as in, DD is the only one in our party that would be meeting MM or the Princesses but we would be with her. I imagine I will get three fast passes, but I am wondering if I really only need one as she will be the only one in the party really spending any time with the characters....

You need one FP per person to get inside the building via the Fastpass line.

NewfieFan

Characters still roam at DLP ... at HKDL ... at TDR ... and even at DL.
Hell, I've seen them pop up at WDW at certain times (sometimes a hotel lobby, sometimes an EMH night etc).

I'm not saying it would work at WDW anymore because guests have become so ... well, boorish would be the word that comes to mind.

Everyone is different. If my kids got more joy out of foamheads then anything else, I might save my money and take them to a Disney on Ice show:D instead of spending thousands of dollars to bring them to WDW.

But I don't have a problem with meet-greet-and-gropes, per se. I do have a problem with them taking the place of real entertainers and shows. I do have a problem with them being stuck where they don't belong. I don't care how 'nice' this area may be, how do toons fit into the Main Street story? They don't.

And has anyone answered this, but are they going to close during parades and castle shows? The cardinal rule with characters was always there's only one Mickey, one Goofy, one Snow White etc ... I am fairly certain Disney doesn't care about this anymore.

Why are guests boorish... am I missing something!?! And yes, we still do have roaming characters at WDW but it certainly isn't the super popular characters. And to think that you could have Mickey as a roaming character is crazy!

And I kind of take offense to the comment you made. I take my family to Disney b/c it's the one place where we as a family have fun together. It's our break away from the real world, work, chores, etc. We all love it and we each have things that we love differently (my kids loving character M&Gs for example). And FYI, there's no Disney Ice in my neck of woods... and how can that be compared to a vacation at Disney World!?! If I enjoy spending thousands of dollars so my kids can hug some "foamheads" (as you put it) what's it to you!?! (We do happen to enjoy everything else that Disney has to offer, I was just making a point that character M&Gs are really important to my kids and their vacation!)

I don't get the whole theme argument at all! The characters are all over MSUSA all day long, how is giving Mickey a decent home there any different? In fact I can't think of better place for the Mouse than on MS!

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. This to me is a huge step forward. If they had a cheap M&G for Mickey tucked away in FL somewhere you'd be complaining and saying something about "walmarting" again. But this is not walmarting, this is Disney theming at it's finest. Mickey has a beautiful home at the beginning of park and guests can choose to queue or get a FP to see him. I fail to see the negative in any of this... :shrug:

You sir, need to snort some more pixie dust... when was your last dose?

Dwarful

OK, I didn't think about the parades and such...but that could be a real issue. I guess we will just have to give it some time. My question is are they only doing this at MK or is this FP going to be the norm everywhere?

JWG

All meet and greets at each park have ended just prior to the parade. I'm confident this will continue.

mm52200

I don't think people realize that although the parks try to abide by the only one character out in the park at one time rule...they've always broken it. They just don't try to publicize it. Cinderella appears throughout the day in Dream Along With Mickey, the CADCT parade, and MSEP, all while continuously doing meet and greets at Cinderella's Royal Table and Toontown before it closed. She had continuous sets all day and was often on stage at the castle and inside it at the same time. Same thing for Mickey. These characters are too popular to stop their lines or meet and greets whenever they are in another show or parade. So hopefully most people won't notice this with Mickey on Main Street USA now and if they do well Mickey sure has a lot of pixie dust to help him get around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom