PHOTOS - Tinker Bell and friends arrive at Epcot

jt04

...with an area similar to Pixie Hollow being built?

I think many fear it will be made a permanent part of "Future World". Although I do think there are other possibilities at Epcot that would be truly great locations. Encouraging.

HDS

As much as I love Tink and her friends, Epcot Center isn't the place for them, they really should be in MK.

Biff215

What happened to the rumored HS location? Is that still happening?

I know we need to be patient, but it's also frustrating when Disney saw this all coming. Better preparation should have been made for everything lost with the FLE. Shoving characters (including Mickey) here and there is pretty bad show IMO.

TinkIce

They only have two fairies out at a time? :confused:

Boy, I'm glad the other location will be done by the time I visit in December; even I, the uber Disney fairies fan, wouldn't want to waste my time visiting them in that little area :brick:

wild01ride

I think there's a little bit more space over in front of the Spaceship Earth East Restrooms - they should've set them up there! :lookaroun

:lol:

Neverland

Remember this is temporary until the permanent location opens up near Mouse Gear.

So that's where the fairies are going to be meeting for ever after? Future World??

Epcot may be their permenant home. At least that's what was told to us at one of our preshift meetings. And, once again, this location is temporary.

All I have to say is... Why? Surely there's room somewhere in MK, even for a temp location.. :lookaroun

NewfieFan

Epcot may be their permenant home. At least that's what was told to us at one of our preshift meetings. And, once again, this location is temporary.

Wow! This I do not understand! I like Tink and friends but they need to be in the MK!!! I can see a lot of guests getting upset about this. I know we don't understand it but a lot people only visit the MK (I know, shocking :eek:) and I can see some people getting upset when the realize they need to visit Epcot inorder to see the Fairies!

Surely, there has to be room there somewhere for Tink? Couldn't they have made a section of Princess Hall (or whatever it's going to be called) for the Fairies? I really wish we had got the set-up that DL got... no, I never saw it in real life but their little garden night time show looks so pretty!

lebeau

Wow! This I do not understand! I like Tink and friends but they need to be in the MK!!! I can see a lot of guests getting upset about this. I know we don't understand it but a lot people only visit the MK (I know, shocking :eek:) and I can see some people getting upset when the realize they need to visit Epcot inorder to see the Fairies!

Surely, there has to be room there somewhere for Tink? Couldn't they have made a section of Princess Hall (or whatever it's going to be called) for the Fairies? I really wish we had got the set-up that DL got... no, I never saw it in real life but their little garden night time show looks so pretty!

Perhaps this is being done intentionally as a way to lure little girls to Epcot. :drevil:

Wait a minute, that didn't sound right...

Tori

What about Fawn, Iridessa, and Silvermist?

From what I've read it seems like their not doing meet and greets right now.

On Sunday I was there to meet the fairies and the line for Tink was a good 20-25 minute wait and Vidia and Rosetta was maybe 10-15 minutes. While in line for Vidia and Rosetta I heard numerous people asking who were they. :lol:

RandySavage

Like any film, play or book of quality, a theme park of quality must establish rules - story-telling constructs - for its audience, so that expectations can be set and then satisfied - on the micro (attraction) and macro (land) level.

To continue with the film analogy, imagine watching a re-cut version of 'Schindler's List' where Spielberg and his editors decided to throw in a colorful bollywood musical number somewhere in the middle, or a re-edit of slapstick comedy 'Naked Gun' that includes a new, dramatic scene of an unknown mother mourning the murder of her son.

While such new scenes might be quizzically amusing at first, they diminish the overall film by breaching the unspoken contract set up between the story-teller and the audience.

WDW's theme parks are the same way. In most cases they were designed by people of great skill and vision, who understood the story-telling milieu of film - how to create and deliver on a THEME. Without the theme, the theme park loses much of its value... becomes much less compelling.

Now, I don't - and never have - care about meet-n-greet or characters while in the parks. But, if I'm in Adventureland and I see fairy-tale princesses greeting people, the thematic contract is broken. If I'm in Future World and I see neverland Fairies, the contract is broken. The theme park has become slightly less compelling. I am slightly less apt to return.

Disney management needs to steward the great THEME parks it was charged with maintaining, not pillage them of what made them great.

LaughingGravy

I clicked on the link, saw the pictures, and thought I had mis-clicked or something and ended up in the thread titled
"Really, Why Bother..."

lebeau

To continue with the film analogy, imagine watching a re-cut version of 'Schindler's List' where Spielberg and his editors decided to throw in a colorful bollywood musical number somewhere in the middle, or a re-edit of slapstick comedy 'Naked Gun' that includes a new, dramatic scene of an unknown mother mourning the murder of her son.

I've read a lot of bad analogies on these forums. But this one takes the cake! :rolleyes:

RandySavage

^ Defend that statement with reasoning. How is it a bad analogy? How does one have over 3,200 posts on a theme park fan site and not get the basic gist of what makes a theme park coherent?

jt04

^ Defend that statement with reasoning. How is it a bad analogy? How does one have over 3,200 posts on a theme park fan site and not get the basic gist of what makes a theme park coherent?

Just my two cents on the matter.....

PH could be included in WS without trampling theme. DAK or Future World would be a different story and I hope neither is being considered for a PH location. But World Showcase can have charcters without conflicting with the theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom