PHOTOS - Temporary store to open during a major update to World of Disney at Disney Springs

TheOrangeBird01

I'm crushed, I've been looking forward to the Disney Corner since it opened, and it closes just a month before I make my trip out in December. Anyone know if the merchandise will be or is currently sold at World of Disney?

DisneyDreamerxyz

I'm crushed, I've been looking forward to the Disney Corner since it opened, and it closes just a month before I make my trip out in December. Anyone know if the merchandise will be or is currently sold at World of Disney?
Am I missing something? There was nothing special about that store, it was all the same stuff you can find everywhere else. Its all in world of disney now anyway or will be.

I think the most interesting thing about The Disney Corner was that it was two floors. And it was just a cute little store that felt fresh and I liked the theming especially with the Princess stuff upstairs.

Fox&Hound

I think I wanted to hate it- but I actually kind of like it. I loved the whimsy of the old store but it felt very claustrophobic in there. It was definitely hard to navigate and find the rest of your family once you became separated. I like that they can promote new releases and change up the design rather quickly. I will miss Stitch and the giant figures, but I understand the motivation behind the change and it does look nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think I wanted to hate it- but I actually kind of like it. I loved the whimsy of the old store but it felt very claustrophobic in there. It was definitely hard to navigate and find the rest of your family once you became separated. I like that they can promote new releases and change up the design rather quickly. I will miss Stitch and the giant figures, but I understand the motivation behind the change and it does look nice.
Stitch is still there in the outside compete with water effect.

MrMcDuck

It's not bad, but it's also not anything special. I can see how it's flexible, but I don't think it's particularly magical. I can't see myself spending much time there. The store was in need of refurbishment, but not like this. (Oh, and since age has come up several times in this thread, I'll state that I'm a millennial, which I guess means this is supposed to appeal to me.)

How's it "Magical"?
I assume you’ve seen all the same photos and footage I have, so I’m going to have to put our disagreement about its magical-ness down to difference of opinion. That being said, I personally find it magical. I love the simplicity of the design and the effects. I also love the animation-themed area at the checkout. It reminds me a lot of the Animator’s Palate restaurant on the Disney Cruise Line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom