PHOTOS - Temporary store to open during a major update to World of Disney at Disney Springs

KBLovedDisney

Disney, I seriously don't know what is going on with you, but...
giphy.gif

Jon81uk

I really like it, the paintbrushes painting the LED words is a nice touch and reaffirms back to Disney animation. As previously speculated I expect once the projectors are turned on there will be some effect similar to animators palate on the cruise line and the whole store will have a nice animation theme.

The blank canvas of white walls and brickwork means when they do add seasonal displays such as Christmas it is easy to add additional theming, rather than it clashing with the old sculptures they had in the store.
I also find the bright high ceilings nice and refreshing, the old dark colours often made the store feel claustrophobic.

As previously said by others a lot of stores are getting plainer as it means the merchandise can show off, they have added the giant Mickey Ears on that display and I expect there will be more to show off what is being displayed below. Whereas in the older store the themed statue didn't always match the display below it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I really like it, the paintbrushes painting the LED words is a nice touch and reaffirms back to Disney animation. As previously speculated I expect once the projectors are turned on there will be some effect similar to animators palate on the cruise line and the whole store will have a nice animation theme.

The blank canvas of white walls and brickwork means when they do add seasonal displays such as Christmas it is easy to add additional theming, rather than it clashing with the old sculptures they had in the store.
I also find the bright high ceilings nice and refreshing, the old dark colours often made the store feel claustrophobic.

As previously said by others a lot of stores are getting plainer as it means the merchandise can show off, they have added the giant Mickey Ears on that display and I expect there will be more to show off what is being displayed below. Whereas in the older store the themed statue didn't always match the display below it.

It also now fits more in with the overall look of Disney Springs.

tl77

It looks like an Urban Outfitters filled with Disney Stuff, and in 15-20 years they'll have to remodel it again because that won't be trendy anymore... not the the 1970's look of the original Shopping Village would still be fashionable today, but if I can buy all this stuff on-line with the Shop Disney app, why would I take time out of my vacation to visit something that looks like my local mall? The previous World of Disney look was unique to Disney, this is like the remodeling of the hotel rooms, generic

aladdin2007

It looks like an Urban Outfitters filled with Disney Stuff, and in 15-20 years they'll have to remodel it again because that won't be trendy anymore... not the the 1970's look of the original Shopping Village would still be fashionable today, but if I can buy all this stuff on-line with the Shop Disney app, why would I take time out of my vacation to visit something that looks like my local mall? The previous World of Disney look was unique to Disney, this is like the remodeling of the hotel rooms, generic

except that app is useless, it only lets you order what shopdisney.com carries, everything else is blocked from ordering, or says out of stock when it isnt. They dropped the ball on that thing, use to be great....I agree with your entire paragraph.

Bocabear

Wow! Talk about de-furbishment... Hard to believe it is the same store..Totally looks like a generic store now... Urban Outfitters/Gap... It is funny, years ago Disney stores were amazing...always busy and a fun place to shop...Paul Pressler took over and they stripped all the magic out of the stores, standardized the design and, what do you know, people begin to visit less... and then not at all. The more they make Disney places look like every other store USA, the less interesting to shop there, the less sales etc... The plain stripped down interior certainly doesn't inspire me to want to purchase some of the magic to take it home...quite the opposite...
A big solid Meh to this!

bhg469

Wow! Talk about de-furbishment... Hard to believe it is the same store..Totally looks like a generic store now... Urban Outfitters/Gap... It is funny, years ago Disney stores were amazing...always busy and a fun place to shop...Paul Pressler took over and they stripped all the magic out of the stores, standardized the design and, what do you know, people begin to visit less... and then not at all. The more they make Disney places look like every other store USA, the less interesting to shop there, the less sales etc... The plain stripped down interior certainly doesn't inspire me to want to purchase some of the magic to take it home...quite the opposite...
A big solid Meh to this!
It is funny when Target is starting to become more eye catching than a flagship Disney store that is ground zero for people looking for over the top theming.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

KBLovedDisney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom