PHOTOS - Temporary store to open during a major update to World of Disney at Disney Springs

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If I have to hear that again, I will vomit...

6176EBEC-3075-4D0A-BC7F-887A77B0B0EE.jpeg

aladdin2007

HOMOGINIZATION OF DISNEY WORLD! The new, stripped down, unimaginative world of Disney store is symbolic of Disney World continuing to strip stores, restaurants and hotels of “Disney”. This remodel strips the store of color, theming, fantasy, creativity and leaves us with a Kohl’s or Gap - bland, ordinary, cheap and something we can get in every mall across America. Keep delivering ordinary Disney and you will find yourself without anything that makes you special.

This above sums it up perfectly.... Its not even ordinary Disney, just ordinary. Knew this was coming sadly. Sure its cleaner and easier to navigate and a nicer design that does fit in with disney springs as such, but about as bland and generic as can be. To me its about on par with the port orleans french quarter food court redo which was an epic fail.

KBLovedDisney

Maybe I look at this store from a child's mind because as a child, seeing the beautiful colors, sparkling lights, wonderful stained glass of classic stories made you feel like you were on a quest or an adventure of some sort regardless of it being a store. That's what I meant that it felt Disney.

Now? If I were a child and my mother took me here, I would feel like I was just at any other mall. There's no story. There's no sparkle.

But then I guess this store is mainly for adults now anyway...

KC00

I am actually pleasantly surprised that I don't hate it as much as I thought I might. It has more character than I expected (I was very afraid they were going to go with Apple store sleek") and while it has lost a little of its Disney charm, it still feels like it makes sense in Disney World. And it is a good match for the rest of the Springs area.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am actually pleasantly surprised that I don't hate it as much as I thought I might. It has more character than I expected (I was very afraid they were going to go with Apple store sleek") and while it has lost a little of its Disney charm, it still feels like it makes sense in Disney World. And it is a good match for the rest of the Springs area.
I'm curious, is it the bricks, or white walls that give it character?

PizzaPlanet

Even then, with all the gaudy, over-the-top props, it was hard to figure out where we were, and to actually spot each other.
The props always made it easier for my family to find each other. There was certainly no mistaking one room for another.
I'm going to go against the majority and say I really like the new look. I think it fits better with the style of Disney Springs (which I personally really like), and this type of store lets the merchandise be more the star of the show.
So they intentionally made the store bland and uninteresting to make the merchandise more attractive by comparison?

tirian

whimsical ala 1992
HOMOGINIZATION OF DISNEY WORLD! The new, stripped down, unimaginative world of Disney store is symbolic of Disney World continuing to strip stores, restaurants and hotels of “Disney”. This remodel strips the store of color, theming, fantasy, creativity and leaves us with a Kohl’s or Gap - bland, ordinary, cheap and something we can get in every mall across America. Keep delivering ordinary Disney and you will find yourself without anything that makes you special.
I'm going to go against the majority and say I really like the new look. I think it fits better with the style of Disney Springs (which I personally really like), and this type of store lets the merchandise be more the star of the show.

Another big plus is that the open layout lets you see everything on offer, rather than dealing with those little crowded rooms.

It looks like a return to the LBV Village/Disney Village era of the shopping district. It’s a return to the time when “Disney” didn’t mean “fiberglass figures.”

In 10–15 years, this will change again.

Nevertheless, I don’t understand how theme parks with definitive aesthetics (e.g. Epcot) are integrating cartoon characters while the World of Disney store has stripped them away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom