PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They look nice, but once again, Disney shoots par for the course instead shooting for something amazing and unique. Hardly any windows on the side of the villas, basic construction that the average home builder could have finished in a few months, and the view of the massive, Victorian Style, turn of the century resort right next to it really lends a secluded tropical island feel. Sike.

Fe Maiden

They look nice, but once again, Disney shoots par for the course instead shooting for something amazing and unique. Hardly any windows on the side of the villas, basic construction that the average home builder could have finished in a few months, and the view of the massive, Victorian Style, turn of the century resort right next to it really lends a secluded tropical island feel. Sike.

Yeah, the two sets of sliding glass doors and deck facing the the MK is really going to suck.

meyeet

I think no windows on the sides is for privacy between the villas.

ryguy

I don't get the tan paint color. Am I to assume that all the long houses will be painted this tan color? I liked the maroon color better I think.

mm121

dang those back porches look terrible.

Totally not tropical feeling at all with all that everyday non unique anydeck usa railing.

that pool looks really small and cramped along with the whole deck just feels small.

and how does the pool work anyways? since aren't these able to be sold as 2 units. which would mean sharing that tiny pool with strangers, and there doesn't seem to be any privacy between the pool and the unit next door.

mm121

I don't like them. They look like manufactured portable homes on stilts. I would like to see the roofs covered with thatch and something done with the wood paneling sides to make them look more hand crafted.
agreed, the roofs kills the whole design,

i know why they chose not to do thatch for maintenace reasons, but the shingles just make these look cheap.

and as you said somewhat pre manufactured when they are all painted the same

raymusiccity

agreed, the roofs kills the whole design,

i know why they chose not to do thatch for maintenace reasons, but the shingles just make these look cheap.

and as you said somewhat pre manufactured when they are all painted the same

We're all so glad they went cheap and killed the whole design. These should be so easy to reserve at the 7 month window! :rolleyes:

tikiman

dang those back porches look terrible.

Totally not tropical feeling at all with all that everyday non unique anydeck usa railing.

that pool looks really small and cramped along with the whole deck just feels small.

and how does the pool work anyways? since aren't these able to be sold as 2 units. which would mean sharing that tiny pool with strangers, and there doesn't seem to be any privacy between the pool and the unit next door.

There are not two units in each bungalow.

ABQ

if this were true then why do the bungalows have TWO doors

From what I recall the bungalos were going to include the main suite along with an extra optional bedroom
I'm only seeing one guestroom door and then some sort of utility closet door off to their left. Are you certain you see two?
The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_22581.jpg
The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_22580.jpg

tikiman

if this were true then why do the bungalows have TWO doors

From what I recall the bungalos were going to include the main suite along with an extra optional bedroom

I believe the door off center to the left is a utility door considering the bathroom is right there I don't think anyone is going to enter through the bathroom.

As you enter the middle door there is one big long hallway and the first door on the left goes into a bathroom with a jetted tub right against that outer wall where all that equipment is visible and a walk in shower that would be right where that door would lead into the unit. There is no door on the inside of that room from the outside. I can assure you they are only one unit. They were never intended to be separate units. Those were just false rumors.

mm121

I believe the door off center to the left is a utility door considering the bathroom is right there I don't think anyone is going to enter through the bathroom.

As you enter the middle door there is one big long hallway and the first door on the left goes into a bathroom with a jetted tub right against that outer wall where all that equipment is visible and a walk in shower that would be right where that door would lead into the unit. There is no door on the inside of that room from the outside. I can assure you they are only one unit. They were never intended to be separate units. Those were just false rumors.
I guess we will just have to wait till someone gets inside.

why would they need a third utility door when they already have the double door utility closet.

tikiman

I guess we will just have to wait till someone gets inside.

why would they need a third utility door when they already have the double door utility closet.

Since I don't know what is inside that door I was speculating it was for some sort of utility or maybe for the shower since it is on the other side of where that door is. Maybe it is access to the plumbing. All I am saying is that it is not a door to enter the bungalow and I know this because I have seen inside.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah, the two sets of sliding glass doors and deck facing the the MK is really going to suck.
Your right, Disney really knocked it out of the park. A whole 50 sq foot deck with a tropical view of the Grand Floridian. Dont get me wrong, they look nice, the view will be great, but Disney is gonna charge and arm and a leg for these rooms and the only unique thing about them is that they are built a few yards out over the lake,... but they will sell them as some type "genuine tropical experience".

If the Disney corporation of 30 years ago built these, I bet they would actually be worth the price, and they would be a butt load more immersive.

surfsupdon

They will be beautiful at night, over the water, with all the moon light reflecting and lights from all the Resorts reflecting off of the water. If you are sitting on the deck, I bet it'll look amazing.

But they totally ruin the view from anywhere on the Poly mainland. Like totally.

Think they will convert stationary, free floating yachts moored at a new dock along the shores by Yacht Club??!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom