PHOTOS - New Harambe Theater district

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, if I'm not mistaken, that backstage bridge has always had high walls on it. Since you could see it from the river boats (and possibly *just* from Africa or the CMM bridge) they needed to be able to hide service trucks heading to Discovery Island, or perhaps ambulances heading to First Aid.

If they intend to bring that bridge on-stage, I'd think they'd remove the walls to give views from the bridge rather than leave them.

-Rob
My mistake. Got my bridges mixed up. Too much sun today!

peter11435

Martin, if I'm not mistaken, that backstage bridge has always had high walls on it. Since you could see it from the river boats (and possibly *just* from Africa or the CMM bridge) they needed to be able to hide service trucks heading to Discovery Island, or perhaps ambulances heading to First Aid.

If they intend to bring that bridge on-stage, I'd think they'd remove the walls to give views from the bridge rather than leave them.

-Rob

Correct. That bridge has always had high walls to block views of support vehicles.

Rob562

Also, based on the layout it looks like they fully intend for exiting foot traffic to be heading toward Harambe. The stroller parking is between Dawa Bar and the theater, and the exit doors are facing that parking area. To get people to head toward the new bathrooms and the pathway beyond it, they'd have to make a U-turn from their natural flow. Without a big draw at the other end of the pathway like Avatar, it might be difficult to encourage people to go in that direction.

That bypass pathway between the Safari and the Africa-Asia pathway can't come soon enough.

-Rob

Cesar R M

I really like the waiting area around the castle too.. very nicely themed.. and they have a few places to sit down.. trees trees! something that is missing in the other parks.. vegetation!

I'm definitively impressed by the "castle" 's final look.

fillerup

I guess I haven't kept track of this project very well. I knew the new theater was being built but I had no idea they were creating a completely new "district". Well done, very well done.

DinoInstitute

Idk how I feel about the exaggerated look of an impoverished African town, but there is no doubt that the themeing looks great!!

The pride rock w/ a lion king dark ride really would have made this complete:), but perhaps it would have added too much fantasy to it

And Idk why but i just love the touch of the cannon!

Last edited:

Clamman73

Nice! But would have been hilarious if you grabbed a stroller and started walking around with it while video taping.

GrumpyFan

It looks fantastic! Glad to see it open, sad that I just missed it by about a week.

Shows they can build things quickly when they want.

I think building a theater and themed area around it in an enclosed area away from guests is a whole lot easier than a new, never-before done style of roller coaster in the middle of an active guest area where construction is limited for about 2/3 of the work hours.

If anything, it shows they can build things right and well-themed when given the budget and room to operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom