PHOTOS - New Harambe Theater district

disney4life2008

Here is the show in the new theatre

Absolutely splendid - LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My only concern which has always been is the woman who sings the circle of life song (depending on who does it) seems to loose breathe at parts when there should be more emotion. There is one lady I have on video from 2009 she was absolute perfection. Also, the heavier set guy that was always in the old show is now muscular in the new show- I do not like that. Otherwise - great

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Idk how I feel about the exaggerated look of an impoverished African town, but there is no doubt that the themeing looks great!!

The pride rock w/ a lion king dark ride really would have made this complete:), but perhaps it would have added too much fantasy to it

And Idk why but i just love the touch of the cannon!
I don't think that the look is exaggerated at all. I'd say Disney nailed it.
These are pictures from Mwanza, Tanzania taken in the past month by my missionary Auntie. I have 100 more just like them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

And yes, a Lion King themed family dark ride would have been the icing on the cake in this area.
20 years since the film's release, and no ride?!? Seems like a natural fit. Especially at DAK.

Mike730

I think building a theater and themed area around it in an enclosed area away from guests is a whole lot easier than a new, never-before done style of roller coaster in the middle of an active guest area where construction is limited for about 2/3 of the work hours.

If anything, it shows they can build things right and well-themed when given the budget and room to operate.

Let's not pretend they don't build at a snails pace uphill on an average construction job. SDMT is a special case and a poor one to assume @ssaamm is referring to.

Sure, it shows that "they can build things right and well-themed when given the budget and room to operate."
But it also shows "they can build things quickly when they want."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for the vid! I cant tell though- is there actually anything new with the show it self??

I was just comparing the new version with the old one on Youtube, and I didn't see any major changes. One thing I noticed in the new video is that in some scenes the elephant float has a real waterfall on the front, which I didn't see in the two video I looked at of the old one. I also think the lighting looks better in the new version, I particularly noticed this in the Can You Feel the Love Tonight segment.

Kman101

I haven't watched a video of the 'old' show yet to compare but it did seem like the lighting had improved. It was noticable.

DinoInstitute

I was just comparing the new version with the old one on Youtube, and I didn't see any major changes. One thing I noticed in the new video is that in some scenes the elephant float has a real waterfall on the front, which I didn't see in the two video I looked at of the old one. I also think the lighting looks better in the new version, I particularly noticed this in the Can You Feel the Love Tonight segment.
Cool, thanks!

DinoInstitute

You have to give credit to Disney...It's really really rare that an attraction comes back (even if it's a 3D movie from the 80's) when they close down that's it...I applaud for all the work they did making this move to Harambe and the return of one of the Better shows on Property and the heavy theming/detail....
Well, the plan all along was to create a new theater in Africa if they used the CMM area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom