PHOTOS - Latest look at Disney's Grand Floridian DVC Resort construction

dreamfinder

I'm talking about the one small rotunda looking thing besides the DVC building in the first picture. In other words, the latter part of your statement. I was wondering what that is going to be?

Judging by the plans here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...-at-disney's-grand-floridian-resort/14178.htm that little out cropping building would appear to be a covering for vehicle drop off.

As for those steel doohickies, they look like they are where the proposed covered walkway would go. But that seems like overkill just to build a roof on top of.

Tom

Beta Return
Photos 1 of 6 and 2 of 6 clearly show the new entry canopy on the south end of the new building. The pointed tower on the right side of Photo 1 is a golf cart (pargo) parking structure - over by the wedding pavilion.

The steel structure with the wide base, shown in Photo 6 of 6, does not appear on the site plan that was leaked (the one linked to by @dreamfinder above). I have no idea what that's for.

jt04

Hate to rain on everyone's parade but I am guessing that was the crane support and may already be gone.

? :confused:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hate to rain on everyone's parade but I am guessing that was the crane support and may already be gone.

? :confused:
The tower crane has been gone for a long time now, so I dont think it is crane related.

GoalieGirl16

I was so hoping the construction would be done by August. Is there any hope that it will be less construction site-y by the first of August? Asks the bride who forgot to ask when construction would be finished.

Goofyernmost

For what? To be the cupola? Think of the tapered base being at the base of the "attic" with only a portion of it exposed above the roof.
Look at the concept art on the 1st page of this thread. You can clearly see that there is a covered area that goes out in front of the building. That is what you're looking at with that structure. The post just below V

Goofyernmost

it's 6 stoires of rooms, plus maybe 3 more for the highest points of the roof, here's the concept art

Disney_s+Grand+Floridian+Resort+Expansion+-+Exterior.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Look at the concept art on the 1st page of this thread. You can clearly see that there is a covered area that goes out in front of the building. That is what you're looking at with that structure.

Look at photo 6. That structure is on the north side of the new building. Pics 1 and 2 show what you're talking about.

Tom

Beta Return
For what? To be the cupola? Think of the tapered base being at the base of the "attic" with only a portion of it exposed above the roof.

I see your perspective, but if you look closer, you'll see the concrete slab below the structure. That will be its home.

The cupolas will likely be framed out of light gauge steel on top of the roof decking.

I think the structure we're seeing isn't shown on any rendering.

Captain Chaos

I see your perspective, but if you look closer, you'll see the concrete slab below the structure. That will be its home.

The cupolas will likely be framed out of light gauge steel on top of the roof decking.

I think the structure we're seeing isn't shown on any rendering.
New missile silos...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom