Photos from inside the T-Rex Cafe

andy1278

The dinosaurs (and other critters move).

It looks like a long line, but really it's not that bad - at least for the opening line. The seating capacity is approximately 650, so literally the entire line from the front of the restaurant to the end of the sidewalk/start of the seat made it in on the first try with open tables to spare. Besides, it's Disney World... waiting in line is part of the process.

yankspy

The dinosaurs (and other critters move).

It looks like a long line, but really it's not that bad - at least for the opening line. The seating capacity is approximately 650, so literally the entire line from the front of the restaurant to the end of the sidewalk/start of the seat made it in on the first try with open tables to spare. Besides, it's Disney World... waiting in line is part of the process.
:eek: That is a huge capacity. I wonder if they are working out of one kitchen?

pilka214

well has anyone looked as this as an opportunity to help rainforest. i think one big problem rainforest has always had is the crowds. and if your constantly trying to move people in and out your not going to have great food, or service.

however, the way i see it, T-rex will cut this crowd in half. people will go to both, but neither will be as overwhelmed as rainforest tended to be. this may give them opportunities to increase there service or food quality

but i guess that's looking on it from a bright side.

andy1278

food i can get around and just order dessert to experience the place, service has to be decent, and rainforest has the worst on property in my opinion.

The service at T-Rex was pretty much perfect. Granted, it was in the opening hours, but it was great. Our server was very friendly and helpful, and while he didn't have everything down yet, he made sure we were well taken care of. We also had several managers come by and check on us, and other staff members greeted us warmly and offered to take pictures for us. The store side staff was friendly as well, and the ladies of Build-a-Dino were too. I really can't complain about any staff issues at all. Hopefully they'll keep it up and won't let the quality of the staff drop as the newness wears off. I've never been to Rainforest outside of the store, so I can't compare to the staff there. Granted, I'm sure it's different at different times as the same staff members don't work open to close every day (I hope... or I wouldn't be much help working there either).

gnorth

Wait times at the T-Rex

Does anybody know what the wait times are for the lunch hours at the t-rex cafe during the week are? Going in three weeks just want to see if its reasonbale amount of time. Thanks for any input :wave:

Thessair

We've been twice for lunch during the week. The first time we got right in. The second time we had to wait about ten minutes because we requested the Ice Cavern.

krankenstein

Original Poster
I ate lunch at T-Rex the day after it opened on my October trip. I think we waited 10 minutes. It was well worth the short wait to me. :wave:

Disneykidder

So it's open, huh? I think it looks cool but I know my almost 5 year old will LOVE it!!! I hope we can get a ressie for our next trip in August!:)

I'm sure it empties into an awesome gift shop, too. The build-a-dino would really be cool. A great animal for boys to create.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom