Photos from inside Soarin'

matt88mph

From what I've seen, it looks like they really did a nice job. It looks kind of like they brought Dreamflight into the 21st Century. Too bad I won't be able to ride it for about a year. :( (But I'm sure videos will be on the internet long before then :) )

DigitalDisney

I like it. I like it a lot. I was fearing that it would be Journey Into Claustrophobia (c), but it's nice and open.

The only thing I'd change would be to make it more dynamic. If it's an airport terminal, then it would be nice to have windows out towards other terminals / runways, and maybe skylights. And, with these skylights, I'd have a high-def projection that showed activity (planes taxiing, vehicles moving, clouds rolling across the sky)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I like it! I`ll go with the thought that maybe the rest of The Land pavillion rehab may be worth waiting for too.

Still no seagulls though... We Did Have Wings!

ImaginEAR

Wow. Wow. Wow. BIG improvement over DCA's queue. That's the BEST airport terminal I've ever seen (and I just saw Boston's Logan Airport's brand spankin' new Terminal A. That's lookin' good too.)!

CTXRover

General Grizz said:
Beat's Mission Space's queue by 1000%! Very nice!

(Except that logo. :D )

I don't know. I for one really like Mission:Space's queue. I love the futuristic feel and cool lighting package in the main queue room with the extra-large gravity wheel. I also consider the entire area with windows into Mission Control and the two pre-show rooms (the ones with the astronaut suits are cool) as part of the queue area. I don't really understand why some hate it so much. I guess it might be because they took a modern, industrial look with keeping the main room ceiling-less (which is not that bad of an eye-catcher with the lighting package in there), but certainly there is a lot more to that room. I think the Soarin' queue is wonderful and it turned out way better than I imagined and it seems as if it will be a perfect fit with the Land's overall look. But for some reason I think I prefer the look of MS's queue (with its dark blue lighting package)....that may change when I finally get a chance to see Soarin's queue in real life though. I really like the blue neon room in Soarin' for some reason.

TheOneVader

CTXRover said:
I don't know. I for one really like Mission:Space's queue. I love the futuristic feel and cool lighting package in the main queue room with the extra-large gravity wheel. I also consider the entire area with windows into Mission Control and the two pre-show rooms (the ones with the astronaut suits are cool) as part of the queue area. I don't really understand why some hate it so much. I guess it might be because they took a modern, industrial look with keeping the main room ceiling-less (which is not that bad of an eye-catcher with the lighting package in there), but certainly there is a lot more to that room. I think the Soarin' queue is wonderful and it turned out way better than I imagined and it seems as if it will be a perfect fit with the Land's overall look. But for some reason I think I prefer the look of MS's queue (with its dark blue lighting package)....that may change when I finally get a chance to see Soarin's queue in real life though. I really like the blue neon room in Soarin' for some reason.

I agree abotu Mission: space. Form the newest article at D-Troops, I guess that Grizz doesn't like M:S's queue. Oh no, you can see the ventilation! Who cares? Honestly. It doesn't really matter. Untill Grizz brought it up, I never would've given it a second thought. You know, Grizz, you're just lucky they didn't make the whole place look like a real training lab. Meaning white square building, white walls and floors, white exposed ventilation, etc.

DarkMeasures

TheOneVader said:
I agree abotu Mission: space. Form the newest article at D-Troops, I guess that Grizz doesn't like M:S's queue. Oh no, you can see the ventilation! Who cares? Honestly. It doesn't really matter. Untill Grizz brought it up, I never would've given it a second thought. You know, Grizz, you're just lucky they didn't make the whole place look like a real training lab. Meaning white square building, white walls and floors, white exposed ventilation, etc.

Ventilation is much less of an eye sore than ceiling panels. For example, on the way up on spaceship earth, look up. Ceiling Panels everywhere. Such poor show.

TheOneVader

DarkMeasures said:
Ventilation is much less of an eye sore than ceiling panels. For example, on the way up on spaceship earth, look up. Ceiling Panels everywhere. Such poor show.

Yes, I've seen those... And again I saay: Who cares? Does it REALLY matter? For one, it isn't even that noticable.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. Don't mean to start a fight or anything.

OmegaKnight

I can't wait for this to open. I am an Epcot cast member and got the chance to ride it a couple of weeks ago (before the soft openings.) Its going to make a great addition to Epcot with such other rides like Mission: SPACE and Test Track.

CaptainMichael

From what I can see from the pictures, it looks great. I can't wait to ride in April. We're spending an entire day at Epcot on April 30 for our final day on Senior trip. I'll be sure to get a few rides under my belt before we leave. I've never spent an entire day in Epcot before. It'll give me a chance to take my time in World Showcase during the day.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Oh man. I thought it was REALLY gonna be like O'Hare's tunnels. I love them! The cool changing colors of Neon. And the little speakers on the moving sidewalks that say "keep walking." Hmph. I love that airport. Soooo cool. LMAO.

I guess I'll survive. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom