Photos from inside Soarin'

disneywy

I was able to ride it twice this past week during previews and was impressed with the entire look of the queue. I couldn't get over the size though. It is quite long and large overall. If you see line backed up to the entrace ever, definately go for the Fastpass. Those of you that have been on it or see it once it opens will know what I mean

nicholas

DMC-12 said:
I like the poles and lights in the center.. with the small halogens... nice touches!

Is it just me, or are those poles (mainly the metal parts with holes along them) also vaguely reminiscent of an erector set. Perhaps a nod to the model that helped them design the ride?

peter11435

Original Poster
nicholas said:
Is it just me, or are those poles (mainly the metal parts with holes along them) also vaguely reminiscent of an erector set. Perhaps a nod to the model that helped them design the ride?
I was thinking the same thing.

jmuboy

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by nicholas
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree 100% and thought the same thing.

As for the length of the line, it had to have that lon hallway to go from the main building to the show building. Long line and exit.....just like Indy at DL in California.

1stStarIC2nite

I don't really know. It just doesn't scream "airport" or very futuristic to me. I also don't see how it really fits the mood of Soarin'. I also think the blue lights are ugly. But hey, that's just my opinion :D

Jekyll

I really don't think that it looks like dreamflight. Has anyone been on the one in Cal? It looks kind of like your on a hang glider.

bgraham34

Why do they have to do California why not somewhere else. Parks should have different rides to make you travel to the other them parks. I just hate this.

Calamar

I think it looks great -- more futuristic and detailed than I had anticipated. The design itself looks like an interesting amalgam of airport terminal designs; the blue neon reminds me of O'Hare International. The lighting and arched ceiling are nice as well.

CTXRover

bgraham34 said:
Why do they have to do California why not somewhere else. Parks should have different rides to make you travel to the other them parks. I just hate this.

These are 3 basic reasons that I've summed up over the past year or so as to why the film is the same (and if you haven't seen it yet, you'll more fully understand when you do)

1) It was obviously cheaper to use the same film, as well as the fact that most of what appears is not necessarily recognizable as Californian and it already does a nice sampling of the Earth's biomes (forests, deserts, oceans, lakes/rivers, etc.) Also, it was a proven successful film for this ride system, so it was probably easy for them to say, why not use it?

2) The film and flight over DL at the end allows it to have an easy tie into the Happiest Celebration on Earth in honor of DL's BD, which the attraction is part of. For those who never get to DL and choose WDW as their travel destination instead...its a nice gesture to fly over the park that is the reason for the whole celebration.

3) If rumors are true, a new film can (will) be shot and reintroduced for Epcot's 25th...this will allow them to introduce another new experience for Epcot's 25th, but simulataneously allowing for Soarin' to open a few years earlier for guests to start enjoying now.

The big negative I see is that it creates less incentive to fly across the states to visit DCA as it was its one truly unique attraction. But since I'll be going to DL this summer for the second time in my life (vs WDW a couple times a year, when lucky), I have no complaints of WDW getting this excellent ride.

SirGoofy

Wow, it looks great. I was expecting it to be much different, more like an museum of aviation, but this looks better. Bravo WDI! :sohappy:

jmuboy

Honestly Grizz, I don't like either "Soarin" logo. But that is a minor detail and a matter of taste. The stuff that matters (ride/queue/theme) is what really matters and seems well done. Honestly, the update to the LAND just might turn out to be one of the most successful major updates to a EPCOT pavilion!!!!

Honestly, the only negative I can find with Soarin and the changes to The Land is the ugly show building that houses Soarin.

MadTeaParty

Thanks for posting the pictures. :) I have to say that I like the look of DCA's queue better.

Is the ride in Epcot exactly like DCA's or a little different?

ToTBellHop

I don't particularly like it...I think it is possibly the ugliest airport I have ever seen, with that blue room being a gigantic headache of curves. The logo is dull and looks like something that I might have created in 3rd grade, and the name is too simple and boring. Furthermore, it seems awkward to me having an airport terminal playing music that fits much better inside a hangar like DCA has...not a fan, at all. It feels like a ride slopped together for the 50th, to me. The only saving grace in the queue to me is the erector set lights--nice touch.

I find DCA's queue much more appropriate to the ride (if only the exit hallways weren't just unthemed cement).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom