Photos from Cinderella Castle Suite

Disneyland's Sleeping beauty Castle was the one inspired by Neushwannstein, Cinderella's is more gothic.

According to Wikipedia, Sleeping Beauty's castle is based on the German castle, however it also states that the same castled helped to inspire Cinderella's as well as many other styles of castles.

PintoColvig

Great pics there! Makes it look even better than it already appeared to be.

I've been in the suite, and have a lot of information about it, so I'll happily answer any other questions if I can. But no, I cannot reveal my source or how I got into the suite to protect that individual.
I've got a question. What's the layout of the suite? Can you get a floor plan or at least sketch one for us?

Luke82580

Castle Suite

I agree that the castle suite is beautiful but the fact that you can only stay there if THEY choose you kinda bothers me. I would be a lot more interested in it if I could pay to stay there.

PintoColvig

I agree that the castle suite is beautiful but the fact that you can only stay there if THEY choose you kinda bothers me. I would be a lot more interested in it if I could pay to stay there.
Yes, but since there is only one, it would become a matter of who can pay the most money. At least as it is right now, everyone who visits the MK has an equal chance at staying there. Of course, you'll probably have your chance to pay dearly to stay there after YOAMD. :eek:

stussy96

Alright, I got a tour of the castle suite this past week for those that are interested. I will post what I can (sans Castmembers) and if I get permission, I will post video of what I have, too.

If you have any questions about the suite, feel free to ask.

I did see someone asked about the "Wishes" artwork.

That's actually a fancy TV. It ususally has a picture of Cinderella, but when you turn the TV on the picture magically disappears and the TV comes on. It's like a fancy little mirror.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stussy96/sets/72157600162348963/

imamouse

Welcome to WDWMagic. :wave:

Point of clarification - There are two TVs; one with the Wishes artwork (in the parlor) and another with the portrait of Cinderella in the sleeping chamber. Your post made it sound like one TV displayed both the Wishes artwork and the portrait.

Thanks for the link to the pics.

stussy96

Welcome to WDWMagic. :wave:

Point of clarification - There are two TVs; one with the Wishes artwork (in the parlor) and another with the portrait of Cinderella in the sleeping chamber. Your post made it sound like one TV displayed both the Wishes artwork and the portrait.

Thanks for the link to the pics.

Yeah, sorry, I was getting ahead of myself.

The bedrom has the picture of Cinderella. The sitting room has the Wishes thing.

PintoColvig

I've been in the suite, and have a lot of information about it, so I'll happily answer any other questions if I can. But no, I cannot reveal my source or how I got into the suite to protect that individual.
Since someone resurrected this thread, I'll ask again...
Could you describe the floor plan? A sketch would be great. Thanks! :wave:

Gorjus

To the person who said they only pick families with children, that is incorrect. Also to the person that said she hoped they picked families with more than 4 people in it...they do.

I get to see the 3:00 parade almost everyday and I see the families that win as they are in the parade. I also get to meet them sometimes as they wander the park and then pick up photos at the camera centers. I've seen families of 6 win, I've seen 4 college age boys win, I've seen families of 3 win. In reality, groups of people do not win. ONE person wins and the people they are with get to join them. So it doesn't matter what your traveling group is made of. One person wins the night in the castle and the people you are traveling with get to join you.

Also, sometimes it takes 3-4 tries before someone will accept the prize; as in they say "you've won" and the response is "no thank you", so they go to the next computer generated prize winner location and try again.

stussy96

Since someone resurrected this thread, I'll ask again...
Could you describe the floor plan? A sketch would be great. Thanks! :wave:

I can try...my scanner is terrible.

Basically, once you enter from the foyer, the bedroom is mainly square. So if you walk in, door is behind you at about 6:00, beds are to your right. The first door on your left is the bathroom at about 8:00. Then the fireplace/TV at 9:00, then the sitting room at 10:00. Does that make sense?

The bahtroom is shaped like a T. The potty at one of of the top of the T, the shower on the other. The sinks and tub are on the leg of the T, across from each other.

The sitting room is fairly small rectangle. A couch is against the windows that face Fantasyland. They face the TV/minifridge.

So it's like this.....it' bad, sorry. Not to scale, that's for sure. If I can somehow edit this video to blur out people and voices, it will help with the layout a LOT.

Edit: I just tried using dashes and hyphens to make the layout, only to find out it did NOT work at all, it was just a mess. Sorry.

DizneyPryncess

I'm so unbelievably jealous of anyone who gets to see this place! haha
Thanks for posting those pictures, it looks beautiful! It's such a great thing that Disney is awarding stays there to families. What a dream come true.

I used to picture what a princess suite would look like when I was a little kid, like every other girl in the world! This is how I imagined it!

My goal = to stay there someday!

PintoColvig

I can try...my scanner is terrible.

Basically, once you enter from the foyer, the bedroom is mainly square. So if you walk in, door is behind you at about 6:00, beds are to your right. The first door on your left is the bathroom at about 8:00. Then the fireplace/TV at 9:00, then the sitting room at 10:00. Does that make sense?

The bahtroom is shaped like a T. The potty at one of of the top of the T, the shower on the other. The sinks and tub are on the leg of the T, across from each other.

The sitting room is fairly small rectangle. A couch is against the windows that face Fantasyland. They face the TV/minifridge.

So it's like this.....it' bad, sorry. Not to scale, that's for sure. If I can somehow edit this video to blur out people and voices, it will help with the layout a LOT.

Edit: I just tried using dashes and hyphens to make the layout, only to find out it did NOT work at all, it was just a mess. Sorry.
Thanks for the description. It was enough to give me an idea of the layout. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom