PHOTOS - First look inside the new Haunted Mansion gift shop - Memento Mori

Clamman73

image.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Now that's very definitely without a doubt the absolutely most depressing and bleak giftshop name in the history of Disney parks, Memento Mori - Remember that you have to die! Thanks a lot.
But I like the shop and the merchandise there, it was absolutely necessary to give one of the most popular and legendary rides in the history of Disney parks a worthy giftshop instead of that cart.
I was wondering if anybody caught the meaning of the name. It is quite morbid considering the Haunted Mansion is so tongue in cheek.

It just amazes me that it took them this long to create a true gift shop for what is a lot of peoples favorite MK attraction.

FrankLapidus

We got in for this evening's soft opening, loved the HM merchandise and I left the shop with a lighter wallet than when I went in. I thought it was a bit cramped inside but that might just have been down to the way they were managing the crowd waiting to get in. Overall I was impressed and hope to see more attraction-specific shops like this one in the future.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My DW and I were in the shop last night, the second night of the soft opening. The upper retail management was out in full force but overall our impression other than the skull shifting pictures our opinion was an overall Meh. The lithos were cartoonishly large an indistinguishable from the Flintstones.

JIMINYCR

Watch my wallet open. They'll be getting quite a bit of my expendable cash when I walk through the doors. Never spent a dime in the shop that was there previously.

unkadug

Watch my wallet open. They'll be getting quite a bit of my expendable cash when I walk through the doors. Never spent a dime in the shop that was there previously.
I can't say that I ever stepped foot in what was there before. What was it called?

The Yankee Traitor ?

Yeah I can't see a good southern boy darkening that door! :D

unkadug

I bought the tie and completely disagree. The quality is fantastic.

The cast member who rang me up told me the official opening is tomorrow morning at park opening. Anyone going? My wife wants that Dooney & Bourke!
Can you post a picture of your tie?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom