PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

PhotoDave219

my only guess at the opening time is to keep the amount of people in the bar low. At 4pm or later a lot of people will be going off to dinner . This will limit how many non poly guests will go into trader sams.

Ground Control to Major Tom..... (Sorry, couldn't resist that joke)

4-430 is when all bars open on property. Disney is likely modeling this on the behavior of other establishments .....and then going to Force this into their existing model of 8 hour shifts. It's determined by labor & budgets. If it was open from 11 or noon on? You'd need two shifts of workers at six hours. In this case you only have one shift at 8 hours. It's how they work.

asianway

Ground Control to Major Tom..... (Sorry, couldn't resist that joke)

4-430 is when all bars open on property. Disney is likely modeling this on the behavior of other establishments .....and then going to Force this into their existing model of 8 hour shifts. It's determined by labor & budgets. If it was open from 11 or noon on? You'd need two shifts of workers at six hours. In this case you only have one shift at 8 hours. It's how they work.
Picking up nickels while the dollars fly over their heads. But then they couldn't extend the hours two years from now, improve profits, and get promotions

PhotoDave219

Picking up nickels while the dollars fly over their heads. But then they couldn't extend the hours two years from now, improve profits, and get promotions

Ideally, they would open it up for lunch as a table service place like they do at Disneyland. Hook it into the Ressie network. And so forth.

But that would mean their research methodology or prexisting models would be wrong and junior executives are NEVER WRONG. They were part of the COLLEGE PROGRAM and did a PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIP beforehand.

wdwfan757

Those hours are terrible. Everytime I've done trader sam's, it's either been to avoid the midday crowds or as an end to the day after the parks closed. With these hours, you can't really do either

disneydudette

4-430 is when all bars open on property...

While 'food service' doesn't begin until 4pm... many resort lounges will now serve drinks before 4pm. Several even offer a snack-mix bowl, free of charge, when asked.

I see that being more of an appropriate shift... perhaps opening at 2pm with a limited/cold menu until 4pm.

PhotoDave219

While 'food service' doesn't begin until 4pm... many resort lounges will now serve drinks before 4pm. Several even offer a snack-mix bowl, free of charge, when asked.

I see that being more of an appropriate shift... perhaps opening at 2pm with a limited/cold menu until 4pm.

Which ones? My liver would like to know.

disneydudette

I can confirm Tambu for sure... haven't personally experienced others that have been rumored... apparently this is a rather recent change?

*shoulder shrug*

wdwfan757

I can confirm Tambu for sure... haven't personally experienced others that have been rumored... apparently this is a rather recent change?

*shoulder shrug*

I can say that Tambu has been like that since at least January 2014. I remember watching an NFL playoff game there with a backscratcher

Horizons1

Ideally, they would open it up for lunch as a table service place like they do at Disneyland. Hook it into the Ressie network. And so forth.

But that would mean their research methodology or prexisting models would be wrong and junior executives are NEVER WRONG. They were part of the COLLEGE PROGRAM and did a PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIP beforehand.
I did a PI. It's fun but doesn't mean .

wdwfan757

Just looking around the official site, it looks like Crew's Cup at YC is open from noon to midnight. I don't know how long that's been the case. That place is always filled up in the evenings, but I've never been by in the daytime. Territory Lounge is still 4-12pm though, which is a shame because their food is pretty good.... better than Roaring Forks, I think. Not sure about any of the others, just looked at the ones I've actually been to.

Rose&Crowner

Those hours are terrible. Everytime I've done trader sam's, it's either been to avoid the midday crowds or as an end to the day after the parks closed. With these hours, you can't really do either

The late opening is cruddy, I agree. But rest assured that before andafter the parks close it will be packed with monorail resort guests, fathers mostly, then couples without kids, then old folks in that order until last call for the foreseeable future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom