PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

NiarrNDisney

He's here!

CAyKS8oUwAAp4L9.jpg
CAyKbOiU0AAz7X3.jpg
CAyKaKiUcAAkk2E.jpg
CAyKTo-UUAItRr3.jpg

Photos from WDWShutterbug.

It's cute but it's not Amazing!

Does anyone know id they had to remove the Hidden Mickey on the floor as you enter the resort?

betty rose

Previewing. Bloggers get priority...and free drinks.
I'm always "a day late and a dollar short", was in the poly last week, enjoying the lobby by myself, and husband (he snoozed") I love the Hawaiian music and with a drink , everything would be perfect. I love the lava flow in our 50th state. Hope they try to duplicate that. I would be able to transport my self.:joyfull:

NiarrNDisney

Well then, according to some, that would mean that the mold is still present and this entire refurb was for nothing? Lol
Mold? I thought they had to remove it because of asbestos and because there was something wrong with the pump that fed the fountain and since it was an obsolete system they weren't able to find parts.

NiarrNDisney

MarkTwain

So here's something I'll be curious to see.

Disney's concept art shows the Tiki sculpture holding leis in each hand.

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_20988.jpg

Clearly, Disney hasn't installed these yet. But the idea recalls a very famous statue in the real-life Hawaii, the statue of Duke Kahanamoku on Waikiki Beach:

duke-kahanamoku-statue-0222-500x332.jpg

On this statue, visitors (often surfers and fans of the Duke) throw their own leis onto the Duke's arms when walking down the beach. It's a time-honored tradition and a sign of respect to the great surfer.

I wonder if this is something the resort will encourage guests to do, perhaps providing leis to guests (like a resort activity), or if Disney will simply install their own.

Could be a clever and fun guest activity, if they decide to go that route.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So here's something I'll be curious to see.

Disney's concept art shows the Tiki sculpture holding leis in each hand.

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_20988.jpg

Clearly, Disney hasn't installed these yet. But the idea recalls a very famous statue in the real-life Hawaii, the statue of Duke Kahanamoku on Waikiki Beach:

duke-kahanamoku-statue-0222-500x332.jpg

On this statue, visitors (often surfers and fans of the Duke) throw their own leis onto the Duke's arms when walking down the beach. It's a time-honored tradition and a sign of respect to the great surfer.

I wonder if this is something the resort will encourage guests to do, perhaps providing leis to guests (like a resort activity), or if Disney will simply install their own.

Could be a clever and fun guest activity, if they decide to go that route.

That's a cute idea, and I like how it works in Hawaii (per your picture above). The circular planter around the statue in the Poly's new lobby is probably wide enough to catch any of the leis that fall, and don't land on the arms. My concern is if some people's aim is off, and some of the leis inadvertently end up on the floor around it; this might pose a slip and fall hazard to guests and CMs. (Years ago, I worked for a hotel company, and that's precisely the type of (long shot) liability scenario that management takes into consideration, especially in a busy lobby.) Despite that, I think your idea is fun. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom