PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

RSoxNo1

I'm hearing very positive things about Trader Sam's from a friend that participated in the walk through. When the Nautilus drink is ordered, a projection effect makes the entire bar appear to go underwater while a clip from the attraction is played. I guess the tentacle in the concept art moves as well. Beyond the 20,000 Leagues Under the sea artifacts, reportedly there are props from Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean as well.

flyerjab

Regarding the Jungle Cruise items that may be there, isn't there a connection between the Jungle Cruise and the Adventurer's Club? I know what the Club was and am aware of the "members" but wasn't certain about any connection to the Jungle Cruise.

asianway

Regarding the Jungle Cruise items that may be there, isn't there a connection between the Jungle Cruise and the Adventurer's Club? I know what the Club was and am aware of the "members" but wasn't certain about any connection to the Jungle Cruise.
It's tenuous I believe they're both part of the larger SEA #story

Sage of Time

So here's something I'll be curious to see.

Disney's concept art shows the Tiki sculpture holding leis in each hand.

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_20988.jpg

Clearly, Disney hasn't installed these yet. But the idea recalls a very famous statue in the real-life Hawaii, the statue of Duke Kahanamoku on Waikiki Beach:

duke-kahanamoku-statue-0222-500x332.jpg

On this statue, visitors (often surfers and fans of the Duke) throw their own leis onto the Duke's arms when walking down the beach. It's a time-honored tradition and a sign of respect to the great surfer.

I wonder if this is something the resort will encourage guests to do, perhaps providing leis to guests (like a resort activity), or if Disney will simply install their own.

Could be a clever and fun guest activity, if they decide to go that route.
Perhaps that'll start once they dedicate the place and have a ceremony for the statue. I've also heard that they're going to have a daily show around the statue?

durangojim

How big is the mug? I would expect something big and boozy enough to justify that kind of price!
You can't see the front but I'm guessing it's pretty long. With the Uh-Oa it's a fairly large bowl filled with crushed ice and booze enough for 2 so I'm guessing it will be pretty big but also the type of liquor contributes to it's price.

majortom1981

my only guess at the opening time is to keep the amount of people in the bar low. At 4pm or later a lot of people will be going off to dinner . This will limit how many non poly guests will go into trader sams.

Brian Swan

I'm not sure if there was a connection between the JC and Adventuer's Club, but at DLR there is a definate link between the JC and Trader Sam's - Trader Sam is the name of the headhunter at the end of the cruise "He'll trade you two of his heads for one of yours..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom