PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

COProgressFan

As soon as I saw the castle pictures I also had that oh no moment. It's magical we can see the castle and fireworks from the lobby. Blech....

The management of WDW today thinks that's what guests want. For some time now, all their marketing is Castle! Princesses! MK! And then wonder why there is a capacity problem at the MK and the other parks are left to rot (in some cases, literally) and can't draw crowds.

Seeing the castle from various vantage points can be exciting, of course, but do you really need to see it from a mile away when you get off your DME bus and walk into the Poly lobby? (At the expense of a lushly themed tropical environment?)

Maybe they destroyed the view from the Poly beach so much they wanted to make up for it in the lobby. :rolleyes:

Horizons1

Surprised this has slipped through the cracks, but look for a tsunami of lifestylers and bloggers to descend on the Poly March 31 when Trader Sams opens.
Watch out! Ricky is gonna be there and get a ton of free stuff just for taking pictures! I wish I was that cool!

flyerjab

For dinner today we ate at Capt. Cooks at the Polynesian Village.

Now, I will preface this by stating that I never stayed (or visited) the Poly until 2012. I have no history with this resort and as such there is no nostalgia on my part.

That being said, I think the new lobby looks great. I enjoy the open space and the colors that are now present. I especially like the new lights up above.

image.jpg

And I fully appreciate what the fountain meant to many people but this new lobby works for me. Will be curious to see the new Tiki statue after it is positioned above the slightly inadequate 'water feature' (wording selected for all of the fountain lovers out there).

Regarding the other areas of the Grand Ceremonial House, we ate at Capt. Cooks and I have some very simple advice for everyone - coconut curry meatballs!! Don't even debate it internally! Just order them as you won't be disappointed. The meal itself was really good for this caliber of eating establishment.

image.jpg

The artwork and lighting are both excellent, and combined with the dark wood really makes this location stand out. Of course the dole whips after on the porch at night were not too shabby either.

Regarding Trader Sams, what I can tell you is that they were working on it nonstop. We were at the Poly for several hours past sunset and they were still working on it.

image.jpg

All I can say is they will need security for this place after it opens. Everyone in WDW will want to visit it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For dinner today we ate at Capt. Cooks at the Polynesian Village.

Now, I will preface this by stating that I never stayed (or visited) the Poly until 2012. I have no history with this resort and as such there is no nostalgia on my part.

That being said, I think the new lobby looks great. I enjoy the open space and the colors that are now present. I especially like the new lights up above.

View attachment 85712

And I fully appreciate what the fountain meant to many people but this new lobby works for me. Will be curious to see the new Tiki statue after it is positioned above the slightly inadequate 'water feature' (wording selected for all of the fountain lovers out there).

Regarding the other areas of the Grand Ceremonial House, we ate at Capt. Cooks and I have some very simple advice for everyone - coconut curry meatballs!! Don't even debate it internally! Just order them as you won't be disappointed. The meal itself was really good for this caliber of eating establishment.

View attachment 85713

The artwork and lighting are both excellent, and combined with the dark wood really makes this location stand out. Of course the dole whips after on the porch at night were not too shabby either.

Regarding Trader Sams, what I can tell you is that they were working on it nonstop. We were at the Poly for several hours past sunset and they were still working on it.

View attachment 85714

All I can say is they will need security for this place after it opens. Everyone in WDW will want to visit it.

No not everyone, Just the lifestylers in their cargo pants and birkenstocks... with a Oswald or Orange Bird T-shirt.

jakeman

No not everyone, Just the lifestylers in their cargo pants and birkenstocks... with a Oswald or Orange Bird T-shirt.
And D&Gers who spend thousands of dollars a year to go to a place that makes them miserable. Of course the sun probably makes them squint since it's the first time in a while they've stopped armchair imagineering from their mom's basement.

You know...if we are going to stereotype. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom