PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It appears for some like the @jakeman that the concept of criticism is beyond them to them the world is Binary it's you are either having fun or you are miserable, I have an excellent time whenever I visit WDW as does my family, Does not mean I let TDO get away with letting the experience degrade, Do they care about my comments here and letters to Celebration Place they probably do not but I'm on record at least.

I do spend less money at WDW than I have in the past because Dining especially has degraded and why should I pay Shula's prices for a meal and not get a Shula's quality experience, So Shula's gets my dollars not Disney, LOTS of good food to be had in Greater Orlando if one rents a car while there.

It seems that Disney at WDW is practicing some form of inverse Kaizen (Kaizen common definition continuous self improvement, Literal translation is 'Change for Better') and I use this and other forums to call them out on it.

jakeman

It appears for some like the @jakeman that the concept of criticism is beyond them to them the world is Binary it's you are either having fun or you are miserable, I have an excellent time whenever I visit WDW as does my family, Does not mean I let TDO get away with letting the experience degrade, Do they care about my comments here and letters to Celebration Place they probably do not but I'm on record at least.

I do spend less money at WDW than I have in the past because Dining especially has degraded and why should I pay Shula's prices for a meal and not get a Shula's quality experience, So Shula's gets my dollars not Disney, LOTS of good food to be had in Greater Orlando if one rents a car while there.

It seems that Disney at WDW is practicing some form of inverse Kaizen (Kaizen common definition continuous self improvement, Literal translation is 'Change for Better') and I use this and other forums to call them out on it.
You purchase, in your opinion, a low quality product and spend the time in between your trips posting quite literally thousands of complaints about the product. In fact, you complain so much, you fabricate things to be upset about. Further more, you are one of the few people here who have complained so much the owner of this site has had to tell you to stop.

So, yeah, it is a little beyond me that a person with over 6000 post with a vast majority of them negative would continue to purchase a product that is causing them so much angst.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Territory Lounge at WL and Crew Cup Lounge at Yacht Club are better than an imported DL Bahama Breeze.

Yeah, I said it...

BORING!!! Those places are BORING!!!

FWIW, I like Territory Lounge, their charcuterie is delicious, as is the Fondue. Trader's seems like it's gonna be another level of fun altogether. Plus it's location in relation to the water, takes it up a notch for me. I love seeing water while eating and drinking. This is a picture of my favorite local spot.
Rockland-County-Waterfront-Dining.jpg

I just love seeing water, love the dynamic feel of it.

Also, I am assuming we will be able to see the lagoon from Trader Sams. Is this a correct assumption?

jakeman

FWIW, I like Territory Lounge, their charcuterie is delicious, as is the Fondue. Trader's seems like it's gonna be another level of fun altogether. Plus it's location in relation to the water, takes it up a notch for me. I love seeing water while eating and drinking. This is a picture of my favorite local spot. View attachment 85738

Also, I am assuming we will be able to see the lagoon from Trader Sams. Is this a correct assumption?
You know where you can see the water even better? Poly bungalows...

:eek:

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Territory Lounge at WL and Crew Cup Lounge at Yacht Club are better than an imported DL Bahama Breeze.

Yeah, I said it...

The Bahama Breeze near me must be bunk then, although the dozen bahamaritas with the sidecars I had the last time I was there definitely were not ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed Trader Sam's at DL, especially the live music outside on the porch at night. Such a cool atmosphere. Definitely much more fun and lively than any WDW lounge I've been to. Who knows what the East Coast version will be like when it opens though.

Anyone remember the old Pueblo Room at the Contemporary???

jakeman

pffttt

If I want to stay in a bungalow over the water, I will go to Bora Bora.
I think we have a thread for travel advice to Bora Bora around here somewhere.

The Bahama Breeze near me must be bunk then, although the dozen bahamaritas with the sidecars I had the last time I was there definitely were not ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed Trader Sam's at DL, especially the live music outside on the porch at night. Such a cool atmosphere. Definitely much more fun and lively than any WDW lounge I've been to. Who knows what the East Coast version will be like when it opens though.

Anyone remember the old Pueblo Room at the Contemporary???
Honestly, I think this one comes down to personal preference. I prefer smaller, darker bars over tiki bars. For example, I'd much rather drink a beer by the window in the pub on the Magic than have a beer on the top deck.

As for DL Trader Sam's, we went there, tried to get served for 10 minutes, wasn't acknowledged and then left. So, also being honest, I don't have the best impression of Trader Sam's.

jakeman

FWIW, I like Territory Lounge, their charcuterie is delicious, as is the Fondue. Trader's seems like it's gonna be another level of fun altogether. Plus it's location in relation to the water, takes it up a notch for me. I love seeing water while eating and drinking. This is a picture of my favorite local spot. View attachment 85738

Going back to this real quick. Spice Road is horribly overpriced from a food perspective, but they've got a full bar, decent beers, and are usually empty. I know it's not a bar, but it's one of the better places to have a drink near the water in WDW I've found.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Going back to this real quick. Spice Road is horribly overpriced from a food perspective, but they've got a full bar, decent beers, and are usually empty. I know it's not a bar, but it's one of the better places to have a drink near the water in WDW I've found.

I am going to Beers & Ears right now to check out the beer list. Is it crazy to plan out what beers I'll be drinking in 190 days?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Honestly, I think this one comes down to personal preference. I prefer smaller, darker bars over tiki bars. For example, I'd much rather drink a beer by the window in the pub on the Magic than have a beer on the top deck.

As for DL Trader Sam's, we went there, tried to get served for 10 minutes, wasn't acknowledged and then left. So, also being honest, I don't have the best impression of Trader Sam's.

Agreed on the text in bold, as most things do. I can also appreciate the darker bars, but I guess it just depends on my mood. Usually darker bars to quietly relax, and tiki bars or bright and lively spaces to turn it up a notch. I liked TS because for me it offered two different experiences with the inside and outside. We hung out inside to check out that aspect, then we went outside to listen to the live tunes and chill.

I can definitely understand how a not-so-positive experience would make you less than thrilled about the place. I likely would have split and not gone back after that, which is a shame. I'm curious to see what the vibe and experience is like at WDW when it opens. I have a suspicion that having TS directly connected to the GCH will increase the amount of kids compared to the DL original. I think it being a separate building at DL helps control that a bit, IMO.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I am going to Beers & Ears right now to check out the beer list. Is it crazy to plan out what beers I'll be drinking in 190 days?

Yes (but necessary at WDW as it allows the F&B manager to order the proper number of the label of beer you prefer as they will be fired if a bottle of beer remains unsold at the end of the night...), The next step will be you will be required to pay for your drinks at the 180+10 as part of the new FastBooze+ system and your drink selections will be stored as part of your MM+ profile...

With this it will enable the use of robotic bartenders who will never overpour or give a good customer a drink 'on the house' and of course remove those pesky humans from the equation.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Agreed on the text in bold, as most things do. I can also appreciate the darker bars, but I guess it just depends on my mood. Usually darker bars to quietly relax, and tiki bars or bright and lively spaces to turn it up a notch. I liked TS because for me it offered two different experiences with the inside and outside. We hung out inside to check out that aspect, then we went outside to listen to the live tunes and chill.

I can definitely understand how a not-so-positive experience would make you less than thrilled about the place. I likely would have split and not gone back after that, which is a shame. I'm curious to see what the vibe and experience is like at WDW when it opens. I have a suspicion that having TS directly connected to the GCH will increase the amount of kids compared to the DL original. I think it being a separate building at DL helps control that a bit, IMO.

Just imagine a bar filled with strollers and screaming kids, Not a place I would choose to drink.

note2001

Yes (but necessary at WDW as it allows the F&B manager to order the proper number of the label of beer you prefer as they will be fired if a bottle of beer remains unsold at the end of the night...), The next step will be you will be required to pay for your drinks at the 180+10 as part of the new FastBooze+ system and your drink selections will be stored as part of your MM+ profile...

With this it will enable the use of robotic bartenders who will never overpour or give a good customer a drink 'on the house' and of course remove those pesky humans from the equation.

Disney does not give drinks "on the house" that I am aware of. I did once have a problem with my room key in EPCOT, ran it 3 times, it failed to go through 3 times, and seeing as it was my birthday they slipped a drink to me... BUT all three charges had gone through, it was just their end of the transaction somehow reported a failure. The front desk could not refund the overcharges either as they are not allowed to do so for alcoholic beverages. They instead gave me a gift card equivalent to the value of the 2 drinks. I would have much rather had the credit to my room back though as I handed the gift card to my kids.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney does not give drinks "on the house" that I am aware of. I did once have a problem with my room key in EPCOT, ran it 3 times, it failed to go through 3 times, and seeing as it was my birthday they slipped a drink to me... BUT all three charges had gone through, it was just their end of the transaction somehow reported a failure. The front desk could not refund the overcharges either as they are not allowed to do so for alcoholic beverages. They instead gave me a gift card equivalent to the value of the 2 drinks. I would have much rather had the credit to my room back though as I handed the gift card to my kids.

You are taking my post too literally, My point was Disney wants completely 'programmed' decisions when it comes to guest service, It's why at WDW more and more GR cannot provide the service they once did to 'save' Guest's vacations.

It's why if a linked multi resort reservation loses a segment the answer from the front desk is 'sorry we are overbooked suck it' even when you wave the confirmation letter in their face. The computer is now the voice of God and cannot be countermanded rather than a record keeping tool.

Happened to me at Christmas right after LILO went online, Thank Finagle I was flying Southwest lost 5 days of a 10 day vacation, Yet the system STILL debited the points for the 5 days I did not get.

jakeman

And you can even SWIM in the ocean in Bora Bora...

Just imagine a bar filled with strollers and screaming kids, Not a place I would choose to drink.

You are taking my post too literally, My point was Disney wants completely 'programmed' decisions when it comes to guest service, It's why at WDW more and more GR cannot provide the service they once did to 'save' Guest's vacations.

It's why if a linked multi resort reservation loses a segment the answer from the front desk is 'sorry we are overbooked suck it' even when you wave the confirmation letter in their face. The computer is now the voice of God and cannot be countermanded rather than a record keeping tool.

Happened to me at Christmas right after LILO went online, Thank Finagle I was flying Southwest lost 5 days of a 10 day vacation, Yet the system STILL debited the points for the 5 days I did not get.
Why would anyone come away with the impression you don't have a good time at WDW? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom