PHOTOS - Construction walls now block of the back section of Streets of America

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting, I didn't realize. Have you got a pic of the original look?
I've only this to hand at the moment

image.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Do we think that the Star Tours entrance will be from outside the land and sort of serve as a portal into the land after you exit the ride?
Looking at actual satellite images instead of the park map, it's not that hard to imagine Star Tours being at the entrance to the land, a walkway with shops/dining continuing back into the Streets of America area (with the current NYC skyline blown out to become walkway) and the two new rides located in southern SoA/Premiere (Millennium Force ride) and over LMA (the E-Ticket). Muppet Courtyard could stay if you created a convincing tunnel starting at Tatooine Traders. Transitions into and out of SWL will be very interesting to see. I hope they can pull it off (more Adventureland into Frontierland than Fantasyland into Tomorrowland). I don't want to hear Kermit singing about rainbows while I can also hear the Imperial March.

Phroobar

I was just looking at the official park map. It's weird to see Muppets courtyard being a little tail with just a walkway to it. Sunset Blvd is just a really long street to the TOT and RnRC. Fantasmic's theater looks like its miles away. The parking lot is better than the entire park!

Phroobar

Why would they make the park map show a gigantic parking lot and a little tiny theme park? Why even show the parking lot to begin with?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Why would they make the park map show a gigantic parking lot and a little tiny theme park? Why even show the parking lot to begin with?
That's not a park map. I assume it's a screen grab from the online interactive map? That map is property-wide and the various elements are not always to scale.

Two things:
  1. I see what everyone is talking about as far as SWL being placed directly next to TSL as opposed to Echo Lake/Indi based on the new construction wall image. However, considering the location of StarTours, wouldn't that essentially place Muppet Courtyard (something we believe to be surviving the reboot) on an awkward island of sorts?
  2. The construction walls use the phrase "Adventure is Near." Could this be hinting at the reimagined parks branding/name? I know Disney's Florida Adventure has come up, however this name doesn't make sense to me as California Adventure has a California focus. I don't think they are planning a Florida-focused park, considering Disney Springs reboot. But I do think they are hinting at adventure-something; perhaps Disney's Hollywood Adventure or Disney's Adventureland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom