News PHOTOS - Construction on some new projects comes to a halt at Walt Disney World

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You think these corporations will hire back all the people that were laid off? Do you think Disney will continue to spend CapEx? They are going to have to recover before any spike in hiring or spending happens. Is anyone here all of a sudden going to go on vacation next month? Have you looked at your retirement fund?

I worked through blood and tears through 08, 09, and so on. I know what it’s like not to get paid, to feel helpless, and tell people there’s no work this week.

It will get better, but it’s not going to be the same, like it was last week, for a while.

I pray that I’m wrong, and that the economy bounces like they say it will.
what the hell happened in 08 & 09 i cant recall what event(s) you are referring to??

Jlasoon

Massive deflationary spiral is about to unleash hell on companies such as Disney. First the markets get whacked, next come the layoffs, followed by a complete implosion of credit & a housing collapse.

no one should expect a V shape rebound. The damage being done is unprecedented. Country is losing $1T every 14 days. Economic ‘sudden stops’ are rare in developed countries, yet here we are. Rude awakening incoming for lots of folks. Won’t be pretty.

Now watch what happens to Disney ticket prices, Disney hotel prices & Disney Cruise prices.

Pepper's Ghost

As far as halting construction, I highly doubt it's about safety or health. I could be wrong, but the fact is that there's no revenue coming in. That's going to blow their budget, and when managing a facility the first thing that goes when you have budget shortfalls is "unnecessary" capital projects. It's a simple fact. They should save a nominal amount on maintenance. Since rides aren't running, they're not breaking down, but that's a pimple on an elephant's a$$ in comparison to lost revenues. Capital projects will suffer for 2020, and possibly beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCamel

recession is already dialed in, we are going to plus it to a depression if we are down for too long. Construction companies will not exist too long without job payments coming in and if their people don't see a way to make money here they will go elsewhere or onto other lines of work.

JustAFan

What are the odds that they just cancel EPCOT's renovation (like cancel the demolition of the Innovations and building the coffee table)?
Seeing how they've gutted or torn out half of Innoventions West, the fountain, Electric Umbrella, Mouse Gear, etc., I don't see how they cancel the renovation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really? I thought there'd be more money saved if they could work at all ours without needing to worry about regular guest activity and perception.
Think of it as a) safety from the virus and a very close b) re evaluation and planning to eventually finish the minimum amount of projects
What are the odds that they just cancel EPCOT's renovation (like cancel the demolition of the Innovations and building the coffee table)?
Higher than a month ago.

celluloid

Source on this claim?

Auto finished mistake. It was meant to be "considered". The source there is Disney, where it specifically says salaried will continue to receive wages until April 19nth. No other reason to post that specifically different from just Cast Members like the other one unless it was at least being considered otherwise at least taking a salary cut.

peter11435

Auto finished mistake. It was meant to be "considered". The source there is Disney, where it specifically says salaried will continue to receive wages until April 19nth. No other reason to post that specifically different from just Cast Members like the other one unless it was at least being considered otherwise at least taking a salary cut.
It says the same thing for hourly cast. There’s no guarantee anyone is getting paid after April 19th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom