News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Giss Neric

Will they continue painting the castle during it's closure till the end of the month? I hope they do so we can see a fresh new castle by April.

BromBones

Disney is taking down the cranes for the stage show at the castle. That still gives fans the opportunity to take unobstructed pics of the castle and in the evening they seem to take them down as well. That was a concern of mine so I’m glad they are taking that into consideration.

trainplane3

cinderella-castle-repainting-03142020-3.jpg

Edit:
Remember, it's not done yet. There's more coats to go on.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

cinderella-castle-repainting-03142020-3.jpg

Gotta say it, I am not a fan of the colour choice. I loved the clean White, Blue and Gold of Cinderella castle. This is just making it the same salmon/peach colour as Shanghai or Hong Kong’s new castle. Having park icons, especially castles, look different is something that makes guests feel that they’re not in a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom they have visited previously. It creates a different vibe for a castle park.
I just hope the harsh Florida sun will help fade it into a less aggressive colour change for when guests return post-closure.

999th Happy Haunt

Disneyson

Gotta say it, I am not a fan of the colour choice. I loved the clean White, Blue and Gold of Cinderella castle. This is just making it the same salmon/peach colour as Shanghai or Hong Kong’s new castle. Having park icons, especially castles, look different is something that makes guests feel that they’re not in a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom they have visited previously. It creates a different vibe for a castle park.
I just hope the harsh Florida sun will help fade it into a less aggressive colour change for when guests return post-closure.

Totally agree. While Tokyo and Magic have very similar castles, I‘m not sure if turning the castle “25 Years of Disney Magic” pink was the correct option - it blends much more in color with the majority of the other castles around the world.I can imagine them really homogenizing castle merchandise after this.

I’m sure the intent is to make the castle look more like the “Walt Disney Pictures” logo. One piece of castle merch for DL, WDW, and the studios must cut down on production costs for shirts, mugs, photo frames, and the like.

Ironic that they did this for Cinderella’s Anniversary. The castle looks DRASTICALLY less like the one from the animated film now.

Hope it’s just primer.

JoeCamel

Totally agree. While Tokyo and Magic have very similar castles, I‘m not sure if turning the castle “25 Years of Disney Magic” pink was the correct option - it blends much more in color with the majority of the other castles around the world.I can imagine them really homogenizing castle merchandise after this.

I’m sure the intent is to make the castle look more like the “Walt Disney Pictures” logo. One piece of castle merch for DL, WDW, and the studios must cut down on production costs for shirts, mugs, photo frames, and the like.

Ironic that they did this for Cinderella’s Anniversary. The castle looks DRASTICALLY less like the one from the animated film now.

Hope it’s just primer.
Left out one thing, if you limit the color palate then they only have to keep one shade in all places. Can buy in bulk and save big bucks. Catch the sale at HD or something ;) After some of the money saving things they have done to save a few shekels in the maintenance budget, I would not be surprised. :cool:

Brian

That is quite the shade of pink. Here's hoping it either 1.) is a base coat or primer of some kind (not getting my hopes up) or 2.) that the Florida sun does what it does best: fades it into something more neutral, and in short order.

I would imagine that they intentionally make it darker than they want it to be overall due to the exposure to sun and the resultant fading.

tirian

That is quite the shade of pink. Here's hoping it either 1.) is a base coat or primer of some kind (not getting my hopes up) or 2.) that the Florida sun does what it does best: fades it into something more neutral, and in short order.

I would imagine that they intentionally make it darker than they want it to be overall due to the exposure to sun and the resultant fading.
Although the previous paint job wasn’t quite so drastic, the castle was intentionally painted darker than the expected color after the sun faded it. And it worked.

It’s too late to wish for a return to the original color scheme with a few more golden accents—something closer to the vision of the original designers.

Nland316

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom