News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They still plan on painting these, yes?
PAINT.png

dennis-in-ct

This and some hard hats at Ratatouille. Can't tell if they will take some time off or if most construction will continue. Sooner rather than later?

Pics are so surreal.

I was thinking the same thing. Can the construction continue or do all the workers have to stop as well.

jt04

I was thinking the same thing. Can the construction continue or do all the workers have to stop as well.

I think they are making those decisions. But it just seems everyone can't stop working. They might be forcing them to take paid time off like a lot of places.

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know what this lonely turret is doing all the way over there? (circled in red)
CDA4D77C-4986-4F07-BF0A-9E94249E644A.jpeg

Doesn’t seem like it will get painted since it’s practically hidden from guest view and ground-level.

Photo from following tweet;

Animaniac93-98

Anyone know what this lonely turret is doing all the way over there? (circled in red)
View attachment 456755

Doesn’t seem like it will get painted since it’s practically hidden from guest view and ground-level.

Photo from following tweet;

Way back when those trees in front were much shorter and that little turret was like the others you see throughout Fantasyland, tying together the "town within the castle walls" look.

MouseBrayden

Crews working on most projects are contracted and contract work is the first to go when Disney's trying to maintain cash in a no revenue situation like this. The contract workers I know in EPCOT got pulled off over the weekend. That said, I'm pretty sure the folks painting the castle are in-house so that would mean they'd be on payroll through the rest of the month at minimum.

_caleb

I was surprised to see the painter using a brush to paint the turret shingles. I suppose a sprayer would require more prep (barrier to prevent overspray), which would require scaffolding, etc. And if Brayden is right about these guys being in-house as opposed to contractors, maybe this way is quicker?

Why don’t they just take the castle apart like they do before a hurricane and bring the pieces into a spray booth to paint them? (Kidding...)

JustAFan

yes. Should be much easier now without guests in the park
Do guests being in the park get in the way of painting the castle? Honest question. I saw workers on multiple lifts painting when I was there and they were operating from a base that guests don't access.

jrhwdw

ahh...the castle I remember as a kid. not sure which i loved more....the look of the castle... or the twinkling trees! gosh, i miss those trees! :happy:View attachment 456858
No stage!!! Granted I wasn't born till 1985, but I like the Castle WITH a stage!!! I know most people don't like lifts and cranes in the daytime at the castle but I'm glad at least for a week that this "forced" MK to move MRFF to the evening! We might not have that if painting continues and is done before reopen. MRFF or DAWM before, at sunset or later reminds of the MK of the 80's/90's! When Castle Shows were always late afternoon and evening(sometimes, with a different show in the morning) with the last show was right after FITS! I don't mind Shows during the dyayttime(they look great!) but they always seem better at night! Hopefully MK will find a way to do MRFF up till HEA when they reopen. ESP if we don't get MSEP, PTN or a night parade for the 50th because of TDO or Corona!!

jrhwdw

No stage!!! Granted I wasn't born till 1985, but I like the Castle WITH a stage!!! I know most people don't like lifts and cranes in the daytime at the castle but I'm glad at least for a week that this "forced" MK to move MRFF to the evening! We might not have that if painting continues and is done before reopen. MRFF or DAWM before, at sunset or later reminds of the MK of the 80's/90's! When Castle Shows were always late afternoon and evening(sometimes, with a different show in the morning) with the last show was right after FITS! I don't mind Shows during the dyayttime(they look great!) but they always seem better at night! Hopefully MK will find a way to do MRFF up till HEA when they reopen. ESP if we don't get MSEP, PTN or a night parade for the 50th because of TDO or Corona!!
We might still have MRFF in the evening since the painting is stopped now?? Looks like all other Construction work at WDW is stopped.

_caleb

Does anyone know if Cinderella Castle ever used shades of paint to create a forced perspective effect like the tiny little Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL does? I know the MK castle is much larger, I’m just wondering if this new color scheme will try for that.

JoeCamel

Does anyone know if Cinderella Castle ever used shades of paint to create a forced perspective effect like the tiny little Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL does? I know the MK castle is much larger, I’m just wondering if this new color scheme will try for that.
I have to wonder if they have the ability to pull that off any longer.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom