PHOTOS - Amazing aerial views of the new Fantasyland (August 2012)

Stupido

This update just got me ecstatic. I'll be down their in October, missing the opening by a little bit. My best friend has never been to Disney World, and for her birthday, I'm taking her. This October is the only time that really works for her. So the chance that we might be able to experience some of the newer side to Fantasyland, especially in the area that I've been looking most forward to, makes me SO excited. Fingers Crossed, I'll finally be meeting Belle in her home in October!

Are you then going to break out in a song wanting much more than this provincial life?

If you come in early you can stroll through the village and we'll all sing 'bonjour' to you. :)

Love that.... lol! :D Can't wait for the New Fantasyland Expansion to open, even to the media, so we can see a up close image of what it looks like from the guest point of view. They haven't shown us much of the construction site, but what they have shown is much different now that they have added the greenery and such. I am getting squeemish to see this new area!! :)

Rescue Ranger

Hmmmmm, it looks like Belle's area is ready to open at any time. Fingers crossed for the end of September!!!!!
Even if its just a walkthrough of the beautiful grounds will be enough for me.

ReganA

Wow Scott - amazing photography. You are an artist with the camera - the colors are so vivid. How did the progress on the Fantasyland/Liberty Square walkway look from the sky?

Jedeye80

Wow, it all looks amazing, better than even the artwork made it look. I get that it's not everybody's cup of tea because it's never going to compete with potter but I can imagine that its going to be amazing to walk around Nd take in the sights, especially at night. Although I agree that it would be better if it all opened at once instead of in dribs and drabs.

Patricia Melton

Anyone notice the 6 pedestals on the Beauty and the Beast bridge? Looks like the might include the gargoyles from the film...

I noticed this too.

I'm hoping those statues from the film are there. I love all the statuary that's being included in all of this.

I also have to say that I just adore all the trees they are putting in. If you look closely at the pictures, you see that there's a path that winds through a lot of trees that leads to Maurice's Cottage. I just love that...like you have to walk through woods to get there. And inside the cottage you are then taken to the Beast's castle via a magic portal...for the Storytime with Belle...and then you exit the castle (I assume) via that one square hole that's seen in the picture at the base of the castle and you leave the area via the bridge that looks like it will have the big griffon gargoyle statues. I think the entrance to BOG is just to the right of where you exit from Belle's Enchanted tales.

I love trying to figure out where all the things will be locating and dreaming about my family enjoying all of these wonderful new things.

Patricia Melton

Here you go:

Click to enlarge...

Okay, big thanks to Scott for this pic. I have been waiting for a good visual of this area because we get so little information on it. I know it's "just bathrooms" but my little niece LOVES Rapunzel so I keep trying to get her good info on this area.

I never realized how close this all is to the Mansion. I thought the woods were deeper there and I didn't realize the Mansion show building was right there.

I am really concerned about how they are going to manage the transition from Liberty Square/Haunted Mansion into Fantasyland here now that they have expanded that pathway there. Will it get castle walls there too?

Does anyone think there will be an archway or something to block the sight lines so that people walking to the Mansion in LS can't just stare into Fantasyland so easily....and people in Fantasyland can't just stare into the Mansion area?

I hope they do something that looks creepy on the Mansion side and also looks magical and enchanted on the Fantasyland side, like how things look exotic on the Adventureland side of buildings but old west on the Frontierland side.

Rob562

A question: is the new castle walls going up the only way into the new fantasyland?

The Castle wall is the separation between the courtyard of the castle and the forest area outside the castle walls. While you'd have to walk through the wall to get from the carousel to the Expansion, when all is done you'll be able to walk from Pooh to Belle without walking through the wall (as you're already "outside" the wall), it would stay on your left the whole time.

But how they'll have things set up while the Mine Coaster is still under construction is anyone's guess.

I am really concerned about how they are going to manage the transition from Liberty Square/Haunted Mansion into Fantasyland here now that they have expanded that pathway there. Will it get castle walls there too?

Does anyone think there will be an archway or something to block the sight lines so that people walking to the Mansion in LS can't just stare into Fantasyland so easily....and people in Fantasyland can't just stare into the Mansion area?

I hope they do something that looks creepy on the Mansion side and also looks magical and enchanted on the Fantasyland side, like how things look exotic on the Adventureland side of buildings but old west on the Frontierland side.

Someone who's seen the plans has said that there is a lot of landscaping and curving walkways and stuff to block a good deal of the direct line-of-sight from the Mansion plaza into Fantasyland.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom