PHOTOS - Amazing aerial views of the new Fantasyland (August 2012)

ExtinctJenn

I don't even care if the Enchanted Tales with Belle is open, I'd settle for just walking up to her cottage and taking in the scenery.
Right there with ya... heck I'd just love to be able to go in advance of "sometime in 2013" so I envy you even having a view over a wall. LOL! :p

threeyoda

You might be right about this. Looking closer at the walls I see there is a door, open in the pictures, to cut off access to the bridge to BatB, so this would restrict people to the Cottage area.

This is how I see it:

7747495048_ace6b9fda0_b.jpg

The red walls are to restrict access to only Belle's Cottage, and will open soon-ish. The yellow walls are for the November opening, to block off Snow White from the rest of the area.

nepalostparks

You might be right about this. Looking closer at the walls I see there is a door, open in the pictures, to cut off access to the bridge to BatB, so this would restrict people to the Cottage area.

That's how I see it. You could be correct about it being for press/executives. I just figure why go through all the trouble of putting up the walls around the unfinished castle walls if you aren't planning on allowing guests to access the area sooner rather than later.

EDIT: To add, why allow two points of access from the old Fantasyland to this new area if it was just for press/execs? Looking at the picture above, it's obvious that there will be two points of access - under the pass-through near Pinocchio and between the castle walls behind the carousel.

ExtinctJenn

The red walls are to restrict access to only Belle's Cottage, and will open soon-ish. The yellow walls are for the November opening, to block off Snow White from the rest of the area.
It may just be me but I would SO much more prefer if they stopped opening just a little at a time. I almost want to see it all at once vs. little bits opening here and there. It's kind of a buzz kill to see a building here, a pathway there, etc. I want the big huge "WOW" factor when it's all ready to go (understanding that won't include the mine train). Now granted, if I had a trip upcoming I'd probably feel differently and love the idea of at least getting a "taste." ;)

meyeet

This is how I see it:

I would think that the yellow wall will extend across the larger bridge to block the view as well. And it appears that there is a stack of plywood and boards on that bridge to build it.

rudyjr13

This is how I see it:

This is exactly how I saw it when looking at the pictures. I'm betting they will open Belle within the next 30 days for soft openings. The preview dates people have referred to in this thread could be interpreted as everything but the Mine Train. If you are them and Belle is ready, why not let people in there to test it out and add capacity? Not to mention start the buzz they desperately need.

Mermaid probably has a little more time due to the mine train construction and access. No wall is up there next to it yet and it looks like they have final theming to do on the walkway/bridge over to Mermaid.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This is all a conspiracy to ensure that I dont get a single thing done at work this week!

Do you think that with all the "new" that is involved with the Belle attraction, that they are going to start getting people in there WAY early to work out all the bugs before going live for the official previews? The nature of the show, the magic mirror, new AA figures, etc?

It really does look like the set of walls are there to allow people access to that area very soon.

midwest_mice

Simply amazing! The progress is looking great and with the walls up inside the construction zone, it is only a matter of time!!

Scuttle

Wow! I gotta say early November might be the pass holder preview. Those construction walls mean they are very close. I'm just shocked the castle walls look like they won't be done in time for the opening.

ExtinctJenn

It probably got merged over from a separate thread. One of the pros of the new board software, but then it looks like the person re-directing has no clue!
Ahhhh that must've been what it was because I posted it and it looked like a 4 post topic and then next thing I knew I was in this one.

Dads 2 Boys

It looks fantastic. The details are spectacular and it appears no detail was left out anywhere.

The Mine Train definitely looks like it's going to be much bigger than originally speculated by some.

Patricia Melton

Question: when looking at the rocks in the Little Mermaid attraction, does anyone else see cinnamon rolls in the swirls?

If so, do you think this is just a happy accident or do you think it was done deliberately to make people hungry for something sweet so that they'll go over to the Circus area where there's confectionary stands?

Because sitting at home looking at pictures I honestly start craving sweet, gooey cinnamon rolls when I look at the Little Mermaid part of the construction.

aladdin2007

Question: when looking at the rocks in the Little Mermaid attraction, does anyone else see cinnamon rolls in the swirls?

If so, do you think this is just a happy accident or do you think it was done deliberately to make people hungry for something sweet so that they'll go over to the Circus area where there's confectionary stands?

Because sitting at home looking at pictures I honestly start craving sweet, gooey cinnamon rolls when I look at the Little Mermaid part of the construction.

That would have been a great idea they could have done as some competition with butter beer. Fantasy Cinnamon Cakes, something like that etc.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

I do believe (at least in my mind) that the rockwork above the entry to Ariel's Grotto is sculpted to look like seashells.

Patricia Melton

That would have been a great idea they could have done as some competition with butter beer. Fantasy Cinnamon Cakes, something like that etc.

I'm still hoping that Gaston's has a signature drink...like a special birch beer (non-alcoholic) or something.

They should really do some kind of ice cream drink/float that is gray in color and play off the "try the gray stuff, it's delicious" angle. I know in the movie that the "gray stuff" is an h'ors deouvre and is most likely pate, but a "gray stuff" drink would be much better and could be a Disney answer to butter beer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom