PHOTOS - Amazing aerial views of the new Fantasyland (August 2012)

Patricia Melton

The Castle wall is the separation between the courtyard of the castle and the forest area outside the castle walls. While you'd have to walk through the wall to get from the carousel to the Expansion, when all is done you'll be able to walk from Pooh to Belle without walking through the wall (as you're already "outside" the wall), it would stay on your left the whole time.

But how they'll have things set up while the Mine Coaster is still under construction is anyone's guess.

Someone who's seen the plans has said that there is a lot of landscaping and curving walkways and stuff to block a good deal of the direct line-of-sight from the Mansion plaza into Fantasyland.

-Rob

This is good news. I figured they'd do something like this to make it feel like it's actually a longer distance between Fantasyland and HM. The curving walkways and lots of trees would achieve that.

Patricia Melton

Hmmmmm, it looks like Belle's area is ready to open at any time. Fingers crossed for the end of September!!!!!
Even if its just a walkthrough of the beautiful grounds will be enough for me.

Remember though that you enter Maurice's Cottage from one side (the path with the trees) and then inside the cottage you go through a secret door to the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" which is in the "castle" next door. Then after that is finished, you exit from the door you see on the left side of the area under the castle building and then you have to walk across the long bridge to leave.

The attraction will not open until that bridge and the area around it is done because guests will have to walk through there. I've seen people commenting that the cottage area looks done (and it does) but the castle and that bridge are nowhere near done so guests can't be invited in unless they are allowed to exit as planned.

The real clue that people will get to go into the cottage will be when the gargoyles and everything on the bridge and the area around it is done.

photoflight

Since people like to speculate and get nosy, here's a closeup :)

I know what's supposed to be going on there - but I secretly dream that it's a multilevel valet stroller parking garage that will bring the wide pathways back.

i-dRtbrqf-XL.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay, big thanks to Scott for this pic. I have been waiting for a good visual of this area because we get so little information on it. I know it's "just bathrooms" but my little niece LOVES Rapunzel so I keep trying to get her good info on this area.

I never realized how close this all is to the Mansion. I thought the woods were deeper there and I didn't realize the Mansion show building was right there.

I am really concerned about how they are going to manage the transition from Liberty Square/Haunted Mansion into Fantasyland here now that they have expanded that pathway there. Will it get castle walls there too?

Does anyone think there will be an archway or something to block the sight lines so that people walking to the Mansion in LS can't just stare into Fantasyland so easily....and people in Fantasyland can't just stare into the Mansion area?

I hope they do something that looks creepy on the Mansion side and also looks magical and enchanted on the Fantasyland side, like how things look exotic on the Adventureland side of buildings but old west on the Frontierland side.

I don't think the transition will be a problem. You can see how the restroom structures are angled away from the Liberty Square side so this will create a somewhat masked area where the heaviest themeing will be. The area between the restrooms and Liberty Square will probably be mainly land/hard scaping which will make the transition easier. I haven't seen the full plans so this is just my guess.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Remember though that you enter Maurice's Cottage from one side (the path with the trees) and then inside the cottage you go through a secret door to the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" which is in the "castle" next door. Then after that is finished, you exit from the door you see on the left side of the area under the castle building and then you have to walk across the long bridge to leave.

The attraction will not open until that bridge and the area around it is done because guests will have to walk through there. I've seen people commenting that the cottage area looks done (and it does) but the castle and that bridge are nowhere near done so guests can't be invited in unless they are allowed to exit as planned.

The real clue that people will get to go into the cottage will be when the gargoyles and everything on the bridge and the area around it is done.

The door under the castle is just the entrance to the BOG resturant. Lee confirmed in this thread that the exits would be right around the cottage, not on the other side of the bridge.

Stupido

No set announcement.. But I'd imagine around same time that the BatB and LM areas open. If not then, my money's on with the Princess Faire.

ToTBellHop

No set announcement.. But I'd imagine around same time that the BatB and LM areas open. If not then, my money's on with the Princess Faire.
With where it is now (lots of dirt, steel frame), definitely not any time this year. Sometime in 2013 most likely. Clearly they are in no hurry w/ this project. Nor do they really need to be--they have functional bathrooms in the area for now. I would guess the Peter Pan queue mods won't be complete until at least 2014.

muteki

Since people like to speculate and get nosy, here's a closeup :)

I know what's supposed to be going on there - but I secretly dream that it's a multilevel valet stroller parking garage that will bring the wide pathways back.

Those curved beams on the corner of the north building are neat, as is the probably-where-the-tower is going? foundation.

WDWYankee15

116kkr9.jpg
With where it is now (lots of dirt, steel frame), definitely not any time this year. Sometime in 2013 most likely. Clearly they are in no hurry w/ this project. Nor do they really need to be--they have functional bathrooms in the area for now. I would guess the Peter Pan queue mods won't be complete until at least 2014.

While they may not be in a hurry regarding bathrooms, they should be in more of a hurry to open up the increased crowd capacity on the walk ways. While the summer is coming to an end, it is not all that long until the holiday crowds will be there. They could really use the access to be expanded soon, especially with the increased interest to get to Fantasyland come the holidays. The crowding will be brutal this Christmas time.

tl77

wow, they've completely poured the foundation for the Mine Train queue and load area since the last set of aerial photos, a month ago that was all dirt really moving fast on that thing

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That tower in front of the bathrooms, and the short, white, concert pylon behind the bathrooms line up directly with the walk way in Fantasyland...

From this pont of view the tower would be dead center...

Good catch! That should look very cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom