Photopass CD price to raise to $149 on June 16th

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
The title pretty much says it all. On June 16th the price for the photopass CD will go up $149.

Brian Noble

We've gotten the photopass CD the past few trips. But, we've also been pleased to discover that the photopass photographers are always more than happy to take a shot with your camera as well and had pretty much decided we'd skip the CD from now on.

BigB911

So if you pre-order the CD, is it still $100 until 06/16?

More specifically, if I order my CD tomorrow for my trip in September, will I pay $100 or $149?

Thanks...

dreamfinder

So if you pre-order the CD, is it still $100 until 06/16?

More specifically, if I order my CD tomorrow for my trip in September, will I pay $100 or $149?

Thanks...

As of now, the preorder is still 100 bucks. Of course, Photopass doesn't officially handle the pre-orders, and they do seem to expire, even though there is no expiration date posted anywhere on the site, or the receipts from preordering. That said, they usually are good about reactivating the code for you if that does happen.
No one seems to know if pre-orders will still exist after the price goes up, and if they do, what they will cost.

PBarton

We've gotten the photopass CD the past few trips. But, we've also been pleased to discover that the photopass photographers are always more than happy to take a shot with your camera as well and had pretty much decided we'd skip the CD from now on.
Same here.

We have bought the CD three times now, but we did the job ourselves on our last trip.

There were 4 of us in our party (2 couples) so we took pictures of the other couple and they took pictures of us... saving $100+

We have realised that most of the pictures taken by the Photopass Photographers are pretty poor to be honest (no offence).. We always made a point of placing bags/cameras/bottles by our feet only to disover that the photographers had framed the pictures really badly and included our feet and all the bags etc.. why do you think we took them off in the 1st place?? :brick:

We always used to get 150+ Photopass pictures taken and there would only ever be about 10 or so that would be worth keeping - too many people in the background, a stroller in the way, one or both of us with our eyes closed or suchlike.

Taking the pictures ourselves allowed us to take our time and make sure that the picture was spot on before moving on. Plus we were using a much better Nikon camera.

hrcollectibles

I personally have never seen the value in Photopass.. It seems to me that the only thing they do is add things to the photos. :shrug:.. I like the fact that you can ask them to take a picture using your camera... On three day trips I usually take at least 600 pictures.. But only about 5 - 10 using the photopass photographers. I think the price point for these Photopass CD's should be around 29.95.. not anytinhg near $100+

GrumpyFan

WOW! That's really pushing it! I never thought it was worth the price before, now even more so. After they first started doing it, we got over 200 pictures taken and looked at them before the end of the trip. Of the 200 pictures, we only had maybe 6 or 7 that were worth having, so we opted not to get it.

Pre-order for $100, maybe, but now, definitely not $149!

Ghall

Just pre-ordered my photopass for our trip in 2 weeks time. Found this on another site and it worked. Only paid $84.96 including delivery. Much better than paying $149.99 if I wait till I get there!!!

Save 15% on a "Pre-ordered" PhotoPass CD when you enter code 9VISARD15 at checkout and click APPLY. The final price should come to $84.96. Offer expires 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on 6/15/09

ThinkTink721

We purchased the WDW photo scrapbook last year.
We usually just order 1 family pic from our photopass pics (us in front of the castle) each year.

jen2009

The photopass is cheap and well worth it if you took a lot of photos. We chose not to buy it though. Just picked the best for the photo album. The cd for our wedding at Disney in March was $750.00 for 370 pictures. Lets just say we certainly did not buy that one either. Load up the photo pass and pick the ones you like the most. Just do not forget to claim the pictures before 30 days is up.

NewfieFan

So does the code expire!?! My trip is not until Aug. 24 and I had full intentions of preordering but was going to wait until closer to my trip. I'd preorder now if the price is going up!

jen2009

Rip off!!!!!!

I agree that the photo cd is a rip off. That is one reason we did not buy either the photo pass or our wedding cd. We just picked a few from the photopass and they gave us all the 5x7's of all the pictures they took. I admit that $149 seems expensive, but compared to the wedding cd at $750, thats cheap.

bgraham34

$100 is just about the point where I would probably so no to the photopass cd but for 149 there is no way i would buy that. It is simply not worth it at all. I much prefer to find someone to take a picture of me on my own then pay that much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom