Photographing Cast Members

Gorjus

Original Poster
I have been having guests ask me a lot lately if they can take my photo or have their photo taken with me. If we had a meaningful encounter or exchange, I might understand it, but these are guests who I hadn't met and who wanted my photo.

Have any of you been running around doing this lately? I'm cute, but not that cute.

I've also been seeing people taking photos of the oddest things which made me think of you all and wonder if these odd photos of things like trash cans, fence posts, disney brooms, etc were going to be on Disney boards.

maggiegrace1

I took this picture in March as we were leaving Magic Kingdom..The park had already closed and we were enjoying the quiet empty park and these two guys were singing and laughing when we left so I snapped a pic and they posed..:)

I normally do not take pictures of cast members though..

Attachments

• DisneyWorld2008 427.jpg
    DisneyWorld2008 427.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 149

HeatherK

When I was doing my college program, I got to do the glow carts at night in Magic Kingdom and sometimes I got lucky enough to dress in the glow necklaces we sold and that's when people would take pictures with me.

Though they would never come out because I was either to bright, or they didn't use flash and everyone else would be too dark :ROFLOL:

I actually loved taking pictures with people.

maryszhi

omg heather, were you there during spring break??? if so i think i bought a tinkerbelle wand from you !!!!!!!!!!

Yellow Shoes

You're absolutely correct to ask here about unusual subjects for photos.

The truth is that when you've been multiple times, you just don't NEED another photo of the castle.

I myself have a collection of trash can pictures, bathroom signs (they are themed, you know), and food photos.

One trip I took photos of cast members to have a collection of costume photos. You know, the ones at JII are quite ..... "colorful" In fact, I think there was once a thread here about the ugliest costumes.

CMs have always been gracious when I ask, but I can usually tell they are confused.

And sometimes, they are real hams about it and give you a great moment.

Thanks for being understanding.

I am in Merchantainment, so i don't usually get this question. Although I am probably in the photos of some guests, if I am working at a certain bank of registers that has a mural behind it....

And put our costumes on that ugly list (although BBB costumes are worse...)

:xmas:

MonorailFreak

i worked at Restaurantosaurus, and wasn't photographed very often...

But on a different note: Have you ever thought about how many family photos and home movies you have been in walking through WDW? Creepy...:lookaroun

I worked at the Missing Link on PI and guest would randomly ask to take pictures ofus, but they were usually drunk....

A guest did leave a disposable camera one time and after a few months me and another CM went and had it developed and it had pictures of us taken through the front window which I thought was a little creepy.

Tiggerfanatic

DD & I had several pictures taken with CM's @ Epcot, and in particular our servers at the restaurants. In my opinion, they add just as much to the magic as the characters, and make wonderful memories for us.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have been having guests ask me a lot lately if they can take my photo or have their photo taken with me. If we had a meaningful encounter or exchange, I might understand it, but these are guests who I hadn't met and who wanted my photo.

Have any of you been running around doing this lately? I'm cute, but not that cute.

I've also been seeing people taking photos of the oddest things which made me think of you all and wonder if these odd photos of things like trash cans, fence posts, disney brooms, etc were going to be on Disney boards.
I have done it a few times but it was mainley so I could attach it to an e-mail to send to guest communications. I know that when CM's forget to bring their name tags to work with them the pick from a grab bag and I would hate for a CM going above and beyond to not get recognized for it.

The people taking pictures of odd items are more than likely getting pictures for a Disney fan site.

Mad Stitch

I have done it a few times but it was mainley so I could attach it to an e-mail to send to guest communications. I know that when CM's forget to bring their name tags to work with them the pick from a grab bag and I would hate for a CM going above and beyond to not get recognized for it.

Wow, good idea. :sohappy:

When I was a CM on the Collage Program I worked on the parking lot trams at (the now) DHS. I always thought it was odd when someone would turn their video camera on me and record me doing the spiel.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, good idea. :sohappy:

When I was a CM on the Collage Program I worked on the parking lot trams at (the now) DHS. I always thought it was odd when someone would turn their video camera on me and record me doing the spiel.
Well some of you parking lot tram CM's can be quite entertaining.

disneydiva72

Disclaimer: Ok, please, no one take this the wrong way, I do not mean it rude in any way...

I find that people from other countries take video and pics of absolutely EVERYTHING, from the tram operator to the brooms on the street. But in all fairness, if I was visiting another country I would probably take pics of everything too. Because who knows when I would ever get back there or when they are showing their families back home they want them to get the entire experience with no detail spared.

Yellow Shoes

I would SOOOO record the parking lot tram spiel!

What a wonderful thing to pull out on one of those gray winter days when you need some diversion.

When you live far away, you have to make you own magic.

Uponastar

I don't find it odd at all that guests would want pics and videos of CMs doing their jobs.
CMs are a huge part of the WDW experience...why wouldn't guests want to document them as well as the rides and attractions?

teebin

hmmm... you are a "CAST MEMBER" who is "ON STAGE" in a "COSTUME" making up part of the "CAST" in a great big "SHOW" and you are wondering why people want to take a picture of you.

WhatJaneSays

I'm guilty of taking odd pictures of CMs and things. :lookaroun

If it's a CM that I haven't interacted with it's normally because I notice they are from Vero Beach (or one of the other surrounding towns) or they look like some one I know. I do explain and ask before I take the picture.

It's a small enough area that one turned out to be my Aunt's neighbor's daughter. Since then I keep a little board with the CMs from around Vero with a little caption that says "Do you recognize these faces?" and so far a good number of them have been identified. Silly, I know, but very fun if I happen to see that CM again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom