Photo Slide Show on Spaceship Earth

dxwwf3

Fievel said:
I've always thought they were missing out on a huge opportunity by not projecting "something" on SE. It's such a big canvas...at least light it up with different colors during the show to correspond with the fireworks. It's such a focal point, it'd be easy to integrate.

I agree. I was always a bigger fan of the original Illuminations over ROE anyways, but the projections on SSE were icing on the cake. I would really like for Disney to keep doing this.

BTW I love your avatar MrNonacho! Chairmen Clench himself (not exactly a picture during his finest hour though :lookaroun )

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
ThreeCircles said:
I remember years ago when they would use the lasers around the World Showcase to project the outlines of the continents on the globe. The outlines would spin as if the entire Spaceship Earth attraction was rotating.

I always thought this was a great effect and cannot fathom why they discontinued it.

Anyone else remember this?
It was cancelled because it became too man-power intensive to man the laser booths following the end of the show each night. Each laser booth needed a couple of hours time to cool down, and had to be manned during that process. This delayed the clear up after the show, and increased running costs. To save resources, this feature was removed from the show. :(

MrNonacho

Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
BTW I love your avatar MrNonacho! Chairmen Clench himself (not exactly a picture during his finest hour though :lookaroun )

He just keeps getting seized. I'm sure he wishes it was just something he ate... :animwink:

dxwwf3

MrNonacho said:
He just keeps getting seized. I'm sure he wishes it was just something he ate... :animwink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it's good to see that Clench is still getting seized.

imamouse

What has me worried about this however was the new preshow music... I hope to God that it isn't permanent!![/QUOTE]

Describe, please!

AndyP

The images look amazing, its nice to see investment in this kind of thing, they've certainly come a long way since lasers!

KevinPage

I would be surprised if they kept the all American images as part of the post show. ROE is about the unity of all mankind and all the countries. Having just the USA on SSE at the end would "break the theme".

I hope the original pre show music stays as well :)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
imamouse said:
Describe, please!

It's a kind of international "techno," for lack of a better term. Very repetitive music. Some of the songs have bagpipes and other instruments that are thought of as "international" while others have chants or other vocals. I didn't mind it at first since it added a bit to the energy around the lagoon, but it didn't take long for it to get on my nerves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom