Photo Pass

chimo2u

Original Poster
Hello Again! Just another question, as there seems to be a never-ending stream of them this being our first-ever WDW vacation! I am wondering what exactly Photopass is and if it is worth the cost? Do you get a CD of all your pics that you can take and make prints yourself with?
Marie

MattBoom

Photopass is free. When you see a Photopass Photographer in any of the parks, have them take your picture and they'll give you a card. Use that card each time you have your picture taken, then you can view your pictures online when you get home. Then you have a choice of buying prints and having them mailed to you or you can buy the CD, which includes all of your photos.

boulderdgrandpa

PhotoPass your entire group in picture

PhotoPass is good because you can get your entire group in the picture. If is also good if you want to get pictures of your children with characters at the various meet and greet(s).

It costs you nothing until you decide a picture they took is one you must have. Then you decide to purchase prints or the CD.

Also, if you go to a water park, there are PhotoPass people there where you cannot carry a camera.

We ended up with some great pictures from PhotoPass.:p

Gene_S

mickey&me

I just couldn't believe some of the things that didn't have Photopass--like Lightning McQueen and Mater in MGM. What were they thinking? How unlike Disney to miss a chance to make money!

MattBoom

I just couldn't believe some of the things that didn't have Photopass--like Lightning McQueen and Mater in MGM. What were they thinking? How unlike Disney to miss a chance to make money!

I'm not sure if it's the case with Lightning McQueen, but there are certain buildings and characters (such as The Brown Derby and Mary Poppins) that Photopass aren't allowed to take pictures of because of licensing issues.

mickey&me

I'm not if it's the case with Lightning McQueen, but there are certain buildings and characters (such as The Brown Derby and Mary Poppins) that Photopass aren't allowed to take pictures of because of licensing issues.

Wouldn't that be a little unusual, considering that Cars is a very recent Disney Pixar film?

kcw

I'm not sure if it's the case with Lightning McQueen, but there are certain buildings and characters (such as The Brown Derby and Mary Poppins) that Photopass aren't allowed to take pictures of because of licensing issues.

I don't think that's the case with the Cars characters because I've seen Photopass taking pictures of lightning and mater at DCA. I'm not sure if they ever have photopass with the cars over at the studios, but it could have been that they were just a little short staffed that day. Locations aren't guaranteed to have photopass- disney will work with how many photographers they have that day and put them where it is most important. I imagine the cars are lower on their priority list than the hat for example. Even with character M&Gs there's never a guarantee- there might be a photographer there for one set, but then the next set he or she is pulled to a different location.

gorjus would be able to tell you more though....

Jenna

Photopass is a fantastic way to get some really nice photos of your entire group and individual shots! Will be heading back to wdw in 2009 in a group of 7 so I can't wait to see the piccies we get! We always buy the cd and maybe a couple of prints!

Eyekimore

My photopass experience was great! I loved seeing my pictures online and adding some cute little extras. I ordered some from our July trip as a surprise for family members this Christmas. They were the BIG hit. (esp considering we had to cancel our Christmas trip.) :(

Pocamahontas

A little tip, make sure to have the pictures you reallllly think you'd like (for example those of the whole family in front of Cinderella's castle) taken at least twice, and by different photographers, this ensures that you'll find one that you absolutely love.

Gorjus

thanks KCW. Well you have 3 photopass photographers here, myself, matt, and pocamahontas (btw, nice pic on the you know what this week). AMEN to what Pocamahontas said. I spent the other day taking FABULOUS photos of families with the Christmas tree on main st. For what ever reason, every photo was blurry, not blown out, which was weird, but blurry. So, yes, have your photo taken in front of icons 2-3 times. Tell the family to quit whining.

Most of our photographers are great, some suck, and sometimes a camera malfunction gets in the way of a great photographer.

You know what, there is no obligation. Take the photos, take lots of photos. If they came out great, wonderful. If they suck, you don't have to buy them. You have 30 days to decide. Which reminds me, I must get to work on my photos. I'm buying a CD.

When you get a cd it is like having the negatives. You can print out poster size if you want.

MattBoom

A little tip, make sure to have the pictures you reallllly think you'd like (for example those of the whole family in front of Cinderella's castle) taken at least twice, and by different photographers, this ensures that you'll find one that you absolutely love.

I very good tip. I was working in Expo Hall last night and had more than a couple of people come in with just two pictures on their card. For whatever reason (the camera or the photographer) they were bad. So they either left or went back out and had them taken again and stood in line again.

Gorjus

very good tip. I was working in Expo Hall last night ....

Expo Hall again Matt?! Just paint that big "L" on your forehead. :eek:
Obviously you can't take a picture to save your life.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

FYI, Matt knows I'm just kidding...making fun of the wheel of fate we call CDS.

Pocamahontas

Well you have 3 photopass photographers here, myself, matt, and pocamahontas (btw, nice pic on the you know what this week).

Thanksss Gorjus! I was completely and totally jazzed about the picture and did several happy dances. :sohappy:

Expo Hall again Matt?! Just paint that big "L" on your forehead. :eek:
Obviously you can't take a picture to save your life.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

FYI, Matt knows I'm just kidding...making fun of the wheel of fate we call CDS.

And Matt, who are you??? I for the life of me can't figure it out. Every time I see a "Matt" I ask if it's you but it never is!

MattBoom

And Matt, who are you??? I for the life of me can't figure it out. Every time I see a "Matt" I ask if it's you but it never is!

I only work at Disney part time, a couple of days a week. I'm stationed at Magic Kingdom, but I'll be at Epcot for the first time next week.

raven

No offense to anyone who is a PhotoPass CM but on our past 3 trips to WDW we did the photo pass and didn't like any of the photos. Most were out of focus or too dark. Others refused to let us do a pose...only to go to the next PhotoPass CM and they would take the picture without question. I realize that they may take a thousand pictures or more in a single day but when it comes to paying $100 for a disc of your photos, I think they could get a little more creative.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
No offense to anyone who is a PhotoPass CM but on our past 3 trips to WDW we did the photo pass and didn't like any of the photos. Most were out of focus or too dark. Others refused to let us do a pose...only to go to the next PhotoPass CM and they would take the picture without question. I realize that they may take a thousand pictures or more in a single day but when it comes to paying $100 for a disc of your photos, I think they could get a little more creative.
I agree..I was surprised at how many photos were blurry and not really that great. Most of the bad ones were at night. :shrug:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
HA! I make my way down Main Street, U.S.A. stopping at each and every Photopass fotog and my hubby thinks I'm nuts!!

I completely agree with the philosophy that it's free and there's no obligation, so why not? Besides, since it's just the two of us, Photopass is the only way to get a picture of us together.

I like to buy the CD because then I can get 4x6 prints which fit in my photo album.

Last trip, I was wearing a WDWMAGIC button for Celebration25, and it was noticed most frequently by Photopass photographers, apparently several of them visit this site.

I have found that the vast majority of the Photopass fotogs are terrific, friendly people who are completely into what they are doing and want to make the best pictures they can for you. I've had them spend incredible amounts of time taking lots of poses, waiting for crowds to pass out of the frame, or for the monorail to enter the shot, just to make great vacation pictures for these strangers who they'll probably never see again...:king: Of course, there are a few clunkers in every bunch. I just go to the next one and try again, or pass by that area later and get a different person.

I was really excited about the addition of Photopass fotogs to the countries in World Showcase, it's one more thing you can "go around the world" doing!!

Sorry for the ramble, but I see Photopass as a service that WDW provides me, and I really do think that the Photopass photographers do a wonderful job.

PS--I'm not completely naive, I realize that the more poses that are taken, the likelier it is that people will buy an expensive CD instead of a couple of 5x7s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom