Photo of Silly Sideshow character outfits

Timothy_Q

Original Poster
Posted this photo today on their twitter

I'm especially fond of Daisy's and Goofy's outfit.
I think they'll look great in their themed environments, if they turn out looking anything like the concept art.

A34TkiICYAAIobh.jpg:large

Omegadiz

Doesn't look like they're the talking character models here.....and Goofy looks...off. not really impressed as of right now.

ImagineerDude

Not terrible...not great...seems like we're seeing this more and more in WDW, but I still think it's neat how they are themed to the environment and Princesses in Toontown Fair didn't...fit.

Omegadiz

Goofy looks a little 80s to me, anyone else think that?
I do. not to mention (and im sure that im the only one who thinks this) but his outfit makes his proportions look way off. Regular Goofy had padding and his loose vest that dont make his body look that small. I dont know. And does this solidify that this wont be an interactive m&g?

NewfieFan

I kind of like them. I think it's great that they're themed to the land/area that they're in. I'm sure it will make for interesting pictures.

I'm guessing we're going to lose Minnie at the front of the park with Mickey? I'd still like to be able to meet Minnie in her classic outfit with Mickey, though!

Ignohippo

Goofy looks a little 80s to me, anyone else think that?

That was my first thought as well. I honestly thought it was a joke and someone had posted a pic from the 80s.

Daisy is the only one that's passable IMO. Neon green for Donald? Seriously? And I have absolutly no idea what in the heck that is that Minnie's wearing.

They look ridiculous - and not in a good way.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm still waiting for better quality pictures before I make a judgement. I think the poor quality of the pictures may be making these costumes look older then they really are.

asianway

That was my first thought as well. I honestly thought it was a joke and someone had posted a pic from the 80s.

Daisy is the only one that's passable IMO. Neon green for Donald? Seriously? And I have absolutly no idea what in the heck that is that Minnie's wearing.

They look ridiculous - and not in a good way.
And we're gonna be stuck with them for a long long time

jjnshane

Minnie's dress reminds me of...
MansionPortrait.jpg
A34TkiICYAAIobh.jpg:large

:) Minnie is supposed to be a tightrope walker from what I have been told, so the fact that she reminds you of Lillian Gracey is probably intentional. Not sure I like the pink, but this IS Minnie we are talking about.
Daisy looks okay as a fortune teller -- I think I would have preferred more purples and golds instead of the yellow and orange, but maybe it looks better in person. Donald also looks alright as a snake charmer, but the fit in this photo looks odd -- like the top is too tight.
And then there is Goofy -- Okay, so yes, he is dressed how a circus daredevil or human cannonball would be dressed, but the color is like old oatmeal. He blends with the wall behind him. And I agree that the fit does throw off his proportions.
Maybe they will look better in person.

jjnshane

I'm guessing we're going to lose Minnie at the front of the park with Mickey? I'd still like to be able to meet Minnie in her classic outfit with Mickey, though!

Yep, one of Minnie's friends told me that she will be moving to the back of the park and out of the theatre. I guess she got tired of waiting for Mickey to pop the question and decided to run away with the circus! :p

I will also miss seeing her in her red and white polka dot dress next to her man ... errr.. mouse!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom