PHOTO - New ground clearing taking place behind Harambe in Disney's Animal Kingdom

dreamfinder912

I do know that Rivers of Light is getting seating (as to avoid the chaos that is Disneyland during Fantasmic) could this be where they intend to put it?

Skipper03

Adding a ride in this small space when there's already a lot of congestion doesn't seem like a good idea?

More food options, opening the flow of Africa given the high traffic, plus a M&G would be perfect! This is a great move!

On that note, I've always thought they should add Hong Kong's Mystic Manor to Asia at DAK! Amazing dark ride technology not used anywhere at WDW (like Pooh in Tokyo & now Rat. in Paris!) Even if they had to tweak the theme, who cares... Let's get a nice dark ride in DAK!

doctornick

On that note, I've always thought they should add Hong Kong's Mystic Manor to Asia at DAK! Amazing dark ride technology not used anywhere at WDW (like Pooh in Tokyo & now Rat. in Paris!) Even if they had to tweak the theme, who cares... Let's get a nice dark ride in DAK!

I'm sure most everyone on here would agree with this idea, especially with some tweaking to the story and facade to fit the surroundings.

Ralph Snyder

I was told by a cast member recently that they are opening that area for traffic flow. That whole area gets very populated with people, how with Lion King in the same area, it will bring more crowds. The opened area will funnel people out on the north side where you head towards Asia.

Clamman73

Just adding pure speculation... Maybe not adding a drop-off area for the train station as speculated earlier in the thread, but what if they *moved* the train station south of where it is now to be located on the curve... Would that gain them anything?

If it were for access to the waterway for RoL construction, I don't see what doing it there would gain them. They'd still have to get any equipment under the Discovery Island-to-Asia bridge, which would theoretically have the same clearance as the bridge over the canal by Everest.

Another possibility is that this is the start of them creating walkway access to the empty expansion area between Asia and Conservation Station. Perhaps they've decided it would be too much trouble to alter the Jungle Trek to allow a major path to snake between the Trek and Kali.

Edit: Oh, and I agree that another Quick Service option is much needed, as well as bathrooms up by the safari unload dock.

-Rob

I don't think having a train station on a curved section of track is kosher.

djkidkaz

So a couple thoughts. It doesn't look like a walkway to Asia because it goes nowhere, they've stopped clearing out trees from the look of it. And you'd have to build a bridge going over the tracks so the train can continue on its path. I could see where it would make sense to move the train station there for better visibility, but they could also have just trimmed back some of the trees leading up to the current station if they felt that was an issue. Im thinking that its what others are saying which is food and merch and it expands the walkway coming out of the safari and train which has always been a choke point. The red lines are the current path and the blue is the new alternate path to ease congestion down that main street in Africa.
Africa.jpg

doctornick

The Marketplace idea makes sense, but as others have pointed out, I still don't understand the path to Asia part since it would have to cross the tracks and the access road.

I think "path to Asia" means a path that goes from around the safari/pangani to the Discover River right around Flights of Wonder. Basically, an alternative path to having to walk through Harambe proper, mixing in with the crowds fro FOTLK. I don't think such a path will take you to, say, Kali/Majarajah trail because it would have to go over the train tracks as noted.

doctornick

Question to anyone who knows: the former "hidden path" between Africa and Asia that was secluded and went over a creek and such. Can anyone describe the specific path that took (i.e. where it started and ended)?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The area you show in your zoom is between the tracks and service road, so are they building there or just staging? if they're building between the two, how will guests access? (just wondering outloud)

The things I marked in the picture don't appear to be just staging, they appear to have been intentionally laid out that way, and since they re-routed the road it seems like they plan to build something there and not just use if for staging. With that said, it may not be something that is on stage.

Tod&BigMamaOdie

The things I marked in the picture don't appear to be just staging, they appear to have been intentionally laid out that way, and since they re-routed the road it seems like they plan to build something there and not just use if for staging. With that said, it may not be something that is on stage.
Ah, good points. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom