PHOTO - New ground clearing taking place behind Harambe in Disney's Animal Kingdom

NeXuS1000

You'd see nothing.

Norway is indoors and Soarin just filed permits on Friday.

For Soarin, I'm mostly interested in getting the land clearing behind the existing structure verified. I don't think there's been any photo confirmations of it yet.

As for Norway; I don't believe it's been explicitly denied anywhere that the Frozen makeover could result in expanding the attraction building, so I'm mostly curious to see if any land clearing has been taken place.

Also, aerial images are per definition awesome and should never be disregarded, you negative nancy! :D

Victor Kelly

Aside from solar panels, how exactly would this be green?

Building a parking garage would use vast amounts of steel and concrete not to mention cost 20 times or more to build than a parking lot. Producing steel and concrete have one hell of a carbon footprint.

Then what do you do with the lots that are already there? Rip them up and send a few million cubic feet of asphalt to a landfill?

The only reason US or anyone else for that matter builds a parking garage is when they have no other choice.

Asphalt gets recycled now, it does not go a landfill.

Yes and the footprint of the parking area is smaller, allowing more ground level green area, which will mean less reflection and absorbtion of solar radiation.

Speaking of carbon footprints, I love this part....How much was produced by making your car, your house, your lawn mower, weed whacker, clothing, shoes, furniture, processing your food, growing your food, getting your food to the market, making your electronic devices like you are using right this second to read this post, powering all your gizmos? What about your carbon footprint going to Disney, spending time in Disney, then the trip home? Your carbon footprint arguement for Disney means little when compared to what needs to happen to support us in daily life.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Asphalt gets recycled now, it does not go a landfill.

Yes and the footprint of the parking area is smaller, allowing more ground level green area, which will mean less reflection and absorbtion of solar radiation.

Speaking of carbon footprints, I love this part....How much was produced by making your car, your house, your lawn mower, weed whacker, clothing, shoes, furniture, processing your food, growing your food, getting your food to the market, making your electronic devices like you are using right this second to read this post, powering all your gizmos? What about your carbon footprint going to Disney, spending time in Disney, then the trip home? Your carbon footprint arguement for Disney means little when compared to what needs to happen to support us in daily life.
I will make sure to get right on rejecting every technological advancement since the bronze age and go back a hunter gather lifestyle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom