Phone call from Meg Crofton rep.!!

mickeyforlife

My Goodness! wish I could write a letter like that. you do have a way with words. maybe it touched someone's heart there and they will fix the things you spoke of. love love Disney and can't wait to go each year. but you are right they need to correct a few things to make it that perfect bubble we all love to be in. thanks :sohappy::wave:

ZapperZ

Wonderful letter.

And thank you for doing a service to many of us Disney Parks fans. Hopefully, your letter will spur them to perform more diligent maintenance of the parks and resorts (is the Yeti even working yet?).

Zz.

MattyFresh

I will echo everyone else.

Such a well written letter, that gets your point across without being rude about it. I want to thank you for doing this, as opposed to getting on here and just voicing your complaints!! Hopefully we will see some good out of this!

forevermickey

awesome letter! Thanks for sharing it with us... I think you spoke for so many people.... what a wonderful thoughtful thing you did..for yourself,, for WDW, and all of us:)

wendysue

Excellent! I have emailed Disney twice with concerns, and each time I received a phone call addressing those concerns. I will not hesitate to email or write to let them know of possible ways to make our experiences even better.

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
I am going to to answer a few of the questions posed. (Sadly, I don't know how to quote several people in one reply, so I'll do a bit of copying and pasting. :))

Did they ask you any questions about your comments or did they just call to thank you for the letter?

How did the phone call go?

What did they say when they called you?

The CM introduced herself, and said that the e-mail was forwarded to her from Meg Crofton and she was instructed to call on behalf of Meg's office. We talked briefly about it's contents, and it was clear to me that the CM had read it as well. The gist of the call was to let me know that it had made it's way to Meg Crofton's office, and had been shared with several people in T.D.O. management. She did also state that the constructive criticism is very important so that they can understand what the guest sees, and that they really took the contents of the letter to heart.

Do I think that my letter will 'change the world' (pun intended)? Not in and of itself, but it could be a very small part of change; a process that starts with a change in thought. People have to think differently before they act differently. All companies, no matter how large, are comprised of human beings. Sometimes, when humans hear or read words, a few of those words will 'strike a nerve' and resonate in the psyche forever. I still hear the wise words of a high school teacher 30 years ago, whenever I have to make tough decisions. My hope with the letter is that each of the cast members who read it, takes away one sentence which might cause them to think even a bit differently about decisions they make in the maintenance of the parks. I also wanted them to know that I appreciate all the wonderful things that have been done by the WDW cast members during the last 40 years. It's important for people to hear what they are doing well, not simply what the concerns are.

I was wondering how long it took them to reply to your letter? Just wondering how long it takes to travel up the management ladder.

It took 11 days from the time I hit 'send' until I received the phone call. I thought it a bit strange that I had not heard anything. I only wrote to guest communications once before (2 years ago re the Fantasmic! cutbacks) and received a response within 48 hours. As the days went by this time, I thought that perhaps my e-mail got lost in cyberspace, or it was actually being forwarded through T.D.O. management. :)

My only question is...do you hire out your letter-writing services?

Thanks for that. :ROFLOL:

My background: Calculus teacher, football coach, part time drummer and part time entrepreneur...I never did enjoy English class. :)

Thanks for the nice comments. I just felt that I had to do something, even a lttle thing, to let T.D.O. know how I felt.

Animaniac93-98

I'm surprised to hear people are getting phone calls back for emails or letters. That's good on Disney's part and well desrved for the OP's letter. :)

MickeyPeace

Again, thanks for writing that letter and writing it so well. It summed up perfectly both the love for the parks that we feel and the frustration that comes with not seeing it live up to the standard that was set in the beginning.

You taught that the way a message is conveyed is important as the message itself.

Thanks again!

cjkeating

First post!

I've been reading the forums since I returned from my first visit to WDW in May this year, I'm from the UK and sent a letter to Meg Crofton after my visit. Whilst I do not think it was quite as eloquent as the OPs letter it was in quite a similar vain, I praised the overall WDW resort... it is incomparable to any 'resort' in the UK or Europe but did mention a few negatives that we came across during our stay.

Much to my shock, I received a phone call early one evening whilst I was out in London from Meg Crofton's office thanking me for the letter and we had a short conversation, during the chat I was surprised they were calling an international mobile/cell number and at the end she wished me a 'good evening' despite it being afternoon in Florida!

I was very impressed... at the most I was expecting a generic 'we welcome your comments' letter but this surpassed that by far!

Bluewaves

I have usually been surprised by Disney's guest relations staff, I can remember after a trip in 2002 filing out a survey and mentioning a particular unmagical interaction with a Monorail Pilot being contacted by a Monorail manager to go into more detail about what happened, when it happened, who the cast member was etc.. I was truly surprised.

Tomi-Rocket

they do care....

That was a wonderful letter. You expressed what so many have said here on the posts but you did it in an eloquent way.

I wrote a letter a several years ago myself and also got a call. However, we weren't home but I did recieve a lengthy message on the answering machine thanking me for the letter and giving some explanations. Like the reason they discontinued the inclusion of tips on the DP is due to complaints from guests saying they wanted more control over it. I also snet an email and I got another call. Here's the thing - the second one, where I did talk to someone I can't remember the details at all! I remember being so excited that they called to reply and now I can't even remember what it was all about, LOL.

It's definitely one of the reason I LOVE WDW and respect it, too.

Thank you from me and my family for your letter!! :sohappy:

Did Knee

Excellent letter! If only I could compose something as eloquent regarding my feelings around the DTD debacle and the closing of the Adventurer's Club. Like the original poster, I too Love WDW and have made it an annual pilgrimage. I have sent two letters about this issue, but never got any kind of response. After reading the OP's letter I have to wonder about my tone in my own letters, intended or not, and whether I would have gotten a response had I phrased my disappointments in a more congenial manner. :shrug:

Magenta Panther

My goodness, that was a wonderful letter! No wonder they responded to you the way they did! Thank you so much for bringing up the concerns many of us share regarding WDW, and for doing it with such grace. Thanks to you, we know that Meg and others behind the scenes are listening. You just made my day! :sohappy:

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
I have sent two letters about this issue, but never got any kind of response. After reading the OP's letter I have to wonder about my tone in my own letters, intended or not, and whether I would have gotten a response had I phrased my disappointments in a more congenial manner. :shrug:

Don't sell yourself short. I think it's important to make your feelings known to people who can make a difference. The fact that you took the time to compose and send 2 letters is great.

I think that my letter was so long that there might have been something in there that 'struck a chord' with each CM who read it, and as a result, decided to forward it to someone else. Perhaps, that's what can happen when you ramble like I did. :)

I truly do believe that most people in all professions, including the CMs with T.D.O. have good intentions, have pride, and really do want to a very good job. Because WDW is run by people, who are fallible, I think that sometimes complacency, combined with financial constraints can result in the show issues that we observe. The first step to rectifying this, imho, is to make the 'powers that be' aware of how important the show is to us. Perhaps then, a number of small decisions will be made with respect to resources, that will improve many issues we've seen during the past few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom