Phone call from Meg Crofton rep.!!

bgoebel

I have to agree with all the past sentiments of fellow posters'! I fell in love with the parks as a child and now it even more as I see it through my childrens eyes! I love that the message strikes a more positive and encouraging chord! Lifes too short for unnecessary negativity and I thought your letter was a gentle nudge for Disney to "remember the magic"!
thank you again!

ChristianG

What a beautifully written letter. I'm pretty sure you spoke for all of us when you wrote it. I'm also happy that they took note of it! Very surprising!

Lisalyn

Okay, so maybe this happens to you all the time, but I just got a phone call from 'Guest Communications', on behalf of Meg Crofton's office, regarding a letter I recently wrote. The very nice lady said that Meg Crofton wanted her to call instead of an e-mail response and that Meg and other T.D.O. management read and very much appeciated my letter. I just sat down and wrote from the heart, and I think the end result was logical and passionate. :)

Maybe it isn't a 'big deal', but I was very excited to get that kind of response to my letter. Glad that someone not only reads guest e-mail, but will contact and discuss the contents as well. Very cool. That just made my day.

Hey there! I think it is a huge deal! I emailed "Meg" last year thanking her for all she does (I won't go into detail because there are MC haters on here LOL) but you get the gist...I was basically giving her a way to go....I received a call at work and a very nice lady said MC had received my email and was very appreciative to actually get a nice email instead of a complaint...anyways...I thought it was huge so I imagine it is for you too! It's the little things that count...

TiggersPooh

I have usually been surprised by Disney's guest relations staff, I can remember after a trip in 2002 filing out a survey and mentioning a particular unmagical interaction with a Monorail Pilot being contacted by a Monorail manager to go into more detail about what happened, when it happened, who the cast member was etc.. I was truly surprised.

Thank you for mentioning the in park surveys! It is one of the best ways for WDW to get guest feedback. I have heard from several guests that they have received calls after they completed surveys.

If you are approached by a research cast member just take the few seconds and give them your email (most surveys are done online now)!

The Empress Lilly

It's great to read WDW / Meg's office takes so much time to adress their customers.

First post!

I've been reading the forums since I returned from my first visit to WDW in May this year, I'm from the UK and sent a letter to Meg Crofton after my visit. Whilst I do not think it was quite as eloquent as the OPs letter it was in quite a similar vain, I praised the overall WDW resort... it is incomparable to any 'resort' in the UK or Europe but did mention a few negatives that we came across during our stay.

Much to my shock, I received a phone call early one evening whilst I was out in London from Meg Crofton's office thanking me for the letter and we had a short conversation, during the chat I was surprised they were calling an international mobile/cell number and at the end she wished me a 'good evening' despite it being afternoon in Florida!

I was very impressed... at the most I was expecting a generic 'we welcome your comments' letter but this surpassed that by far!
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Got any copy of your letter saved, that your willing to share?

PRNCSAurora

That is a fantastic letter. What a great way to get your point across. Criticism always goes better when joined with honest praise.

Goofnut1980

One point that I take from this letter is that when describing issues about maintenance you chose to take an "overall" approach. Instead of complaining about the Yeti or the jumping fish on Splash, you generalized. Maybe they will take a look all around the parks vs going and fixing a single item you mention. You described the light bulb situation as something being very small but stuck in your head for 8 years. My uncle worked on the light-bulb crew of years past. He said it was something that was taken very serious. The park had to look like it did opening day. Then later in the years, they stopped that team.

A fantastic letter! All positives but you were able to give constructive feedback. I go in 40 days :sohappy: and am taking a WDW newbie that is super excited. I try to not nit-pick but sometimes being OCD I see the little things. If he sees something wrong, then I will make note and send a very well written letter as well.

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
My uncle worked on the light-bulb crew of years past. He said it was something that was taken very serious. The park had to look like it did opening day. Then later in the years, they stopped that team.

I had no idea there was ever a "light bulb crew". I'm quite sure there are still lots of light bulbs on property, so now who changes them? :shrug:

DDCT4U

Beautiful letter! Thanks for taking the time to write this in. I am sure that this letter will be passed around to many execs and they weren't kidding when they said it will be forwarded to all the different "areas" and lines of business. Great stuff!

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Beautiful letter! Thanks for taking the time to write this in. I am sure that this letter will be passed around to many execs and they weren't kidding when they said it will be forwarded to all the different "areas" and lines of business. Great stuff!

Thank you. :)

The CM used the term "areas" a couple of times during the call and I am wondering if that is a Disney term for area managers, leads or some such person.

Goofnut1980

I had no idea there was ever a "light bulb crew". I'm quite sure there are still lots of light bulbs on property, so now who changes them? :shrug:

He said after they stopped the nightly crew that went around being required to check every light bulb that existed in the parks, they now have the regular maintenance staff do the work... Just like any job if you do not have someone dedicated for a certain task, it doesn't get done. Very sad really!

He said it was the coolest job ever! I miss the days where CM could bring anyone of their friends and family thru the turnstiles. Understanding now from one of my friends that is a "face" character they only get so many tickets per month.

pixiesteno

OP, :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Such a wonderful letter as so many have stated. I will confess that it really touched me and I am so happy to hear that management took the time to contact you back. I, too, feel that the lack of resort specific items has impacted our buying of merchandise. Okay, probably good for the wallet but not great for sales figures. Thank you so much for taking the time from your family to draft a message that expressed so much of what many are feeling.

CP_alum08

I was actually interested in what you had to say. Then I read and found out it was just another complaint about paint chipping and light bulbs being burnt out.

I guess I just don't understand why this is a big deal to some of you. And I can guarantee with almost 100% certainty, that it is just a few of you. I have to believe that the 'average guest', the one who goes a few times in their lifetime, or even once a year for that matter, is far more concerned about having more attractions to experience than if a few light bulbs are burnt out or some paint has chipped.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
I was actually interested in what you had to say. Then I read and found out it was just another complaint about paint chipping and light bulbs being burnt out.

I guess I just don't understand why this is a big deal to some of you. And I can guarantee with almost 100% certainty, that it is just a few of you. I have to believe that the 'average guest', the one who goes a few times in their lifetime, or even once a year for that matter, is far more concerned about having more attractions to experience than if a few light bulbs are burnt out or some paint has chipped.

At least in my case, this is not true. Why can't Disney provide new attractions and maintain their properties properly? No one should have to choose one over the other.

tirian

I'm impressed with the level of professionalism; that's probably why it was forwarded all the way to Meg. TDO does need to understand they serve a number of guests who notice when the cuts have made an impact, and are intelligent enough to verbalize their feelings without resorting to "I-hate-everything" comments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom