Phineas And Ferb To Get A Feature Film, Adding Momentum To Attraction Rumors

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
Again, could someone point to the source of these rumors?

Or is this a circular thread, where the title of the thread started the rumor that the thread is talking about?:confused:

Its been talked about on these boards quite a few times. I couldn't tell you where the rumor originated, but I didn't start the rumor myself.

quirkle

DHS needs something besides TSMM. I love Phineas and Ferb - I love the Kim Possible idea but seriously they need better attractions - I can see them doing over Honey I shrunk the kids and have P&F make a shrinkinator?? That would work - so would the roller coaster. I just say anything since it needs more to get us past TT and RnRC. They need to make it in the back - unless they do a Lightning McQueen like in Disneyland I get bored there in like 10 minutes.

ABigBrassBand

DHS needs something besides TSMM. I love Phineas and Ferb - I love the Kim Possible idea but seriously they need better attractions - I can see them doing over Honey I shrunk the kids and have P&F make a shrinkinator?? That would work - so would the roller coaster. I just say anything since it needs more to get us past TT and RnRC. They need to make it in the back - unless they do a Lightning McQueen like in Disneyland I get bored there in like 10 minutes.
What a coincidence, I just watched an episode where they shrink with a shrinking machine--put it to good use, Disney! This is actually an entertaining show for kids and adults, even my grandma loves it and it could translate well into the theme parks.

Here's my idea for a Phineas and Ferb attraction. We take the Sum of all Thrills out of Innoventions and move it to WOL. Add a couple more arms and keep the same concept but add Phineas and Ferb. It would bring new life to that building!

Neverland

And at DL the Gadget GO GO Coaster was based on Rescue Rangers.

That's gotta be the only lasting attraction that was based on a Disney kids show. I'm surprised they haven't rethemed it to just normal Chip and Dale, seeing as kids today have absolutely no idea who Gadget Hackwrench or the Rescue Rangers are.

Animaniac93-98

That's gotta be the only lasting attraction that was based on a Disney kids show. I'm surprised they haven't rethemed it to just normal Chip and Dale, seeing as kids today have absolutely no idea who Gadget Hackwrench or the Rescue Rangers are.

In this case I don't think that matters as the appeal of the attraction probably comes from it being a roller coaster and not because it's related to Rescue Rangers.

Maerj

I'd like to see more than a 4D attraction for P&F. They do so many wacky things, the attraction should be equally wacky and ground-breaking. Make an attraction that Phineas & Ferb would actually make, giant baby heads and all.

FigmentJedi

That can easily change though. There is that new comic Boom! is doing that continues the show.

NewfieFan

Actually I would like to see this in AK. AK as a whole seems to suffer from the same problem WS does. There is a lot to look at but not all that much to do. The Kim Possible game has in a way forced people to explore and look around WS. P&F could do the same for some of the less traveled areas of AK.

That could work!

Ummmm, that's not necessarily true... Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, are all out on DVD now. My kids have RR and DT and love them both!

Tigger1988

Ummmm, that's not necessarily true... Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, are all out on DVD now. My kids have RR and DT and love them both!

Plenty of old shows and movies are out on DVD, doesn't mean kids (we ARE speaking broadly here, not just your kids) know the reference.

Figment571

All 3. Both Dreamfiner and Figment could easily have a major role alongside P&F.

Idk how I feel about that. while the show may be creative in some aspects to me it seems like the characters are rather flat, whereas Dreamfinder and Figment have a bit more depth. Also artistically the visual style between classic JII and P&F would clash greatly. A seperate movie to replace Eo when it..beats it...sorry... would probably work; the show is rather formulation and lends itself to a fast pace that would be necessary for a 4D film.
The show seems to be something that is continually gaining fans, its actually quite clever at times and could see a longer life than most Disney Channel schlock. *insert laugh track here*

NMBC1993

Personally I love Phineas and Ferb. It is the only reason I turn on the Disney Channel and I have yet to find an episode that make me think "eh, that was alright". The series was created by two talented guys. Dan and Swampy both worked on Rocko's Modern Life back in the 90's and later split up to work on other projects. Dan went to work on Spongebob, Family Guy (he wrote all the lyrics for "the freakin' FCC" song), and some other projects while Swampy went to work for King of the Hill. While the movie that is coming out in the summer is only on Disney Channel and straight to dvd I still think Disney should put it in theaters anyway. They should pull a Tigger Movie and put it out when there is nothing for families, it shouldn't cost more then 40 million if that and the rest would be pure profit. As far as the rumored attraction goes I say great, they hardly use Sounds Dangerous anymore and a change would be nice. But like all things Phineas and Ferb they need to think big, I say do five different 3d shows each with different effects and are randomly selected by a computer before the show starts. Two ideas I was throwing around the other day was the family on an actual trip to WDW the other was a behind the scenes look at how the show is created, not actually but make it more of a backlot feel that DHS has been lacking over the years. Anyway in conclusion I hope Disney does put Phineas and Ferb into the parks, if they have to add characters into attractions I'd rather it be them then something like Laugh Floor.

Jedi Wizard

I love P&F and think that it will have better staying power than any of the live action Disney channel shows if Disney wants it to stay. Look at how long the Simpson have run. Animated kids don't grow older!

But then again Kim Possible could have ran for a lot longer and it didn't.

I don't think every new Disney attraction needs to tie into a current movie or show nor do I think that a show tie in will make or break an attraction. If the concept is good, the attraction will have staying power no matter what. Look at Splash Mountain. Only real Disney geeks know the backstory since Song of the South is never going to be re-release in the US but the attraction is still one of the best Disney ever did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom