Phineas And Ferb To Get A Feature Film, Adding Momentum To Attraction Rumors

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
-Perhaps now we will see the rumored DHS attraction come to fruition? The franchise is wildly popular, especially considering the reaction to their meet-and-greet at Once Upon A Toy. A feature film could give the series the prominence it needs to establish themepark presence.

Your Thoughts?

Disney Planning Phineas and Ferb Feature Film

Source: Deadline
January 11, 2011

phineas-and-ferb.jpg
The popular Disney Channel animated series "Phineas and Ferb" may be headed to the big screen, reports Deadline.

The show, which launched in 2007, follows the adventures of two stepbrothers, their sister, Candace and their pet platypus, Perry (who happens to also be a secret agent in eternal conflict with the villianious mad scientist Dr. Doofenshmirtz).

The article notes that the feature film is planned as a mix of live-action and animation and is a project independent of the upcoming television movie, Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension.

Read more: Disney Planning Phineas and Ferb Feature Film - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73121#ixzz1AlrZmEZE

S

stphnbogert

I could see this happening. I think really anything added to Hollywood Studios would be a good thing. It's an extremely popular tv show on the Disney channel but I don't think this will have staying power. It's like if Disney made a ride for Lizzie McGuire...it wouldn't be as popular now. TV shows are hard to base off for the ride so it's going to be interesting to see how the movie does. If it beats expectations and doesn't astronomically amazing then yeah go for it, make a ride (but make it really good and put it in the back of the park).

Lee

Adventurer
Honestly? I have no idea who Phineas and Ferb are. Is it some kid's show or something?:shrug:
Doesn't sound all that appealing to me....

Tigger1988

Meh, Disney Channel shows have an extremely short shelf life. I'd rather they not base a full blown attraction around this show.

inluvwithbeast

Honestly? I have no idea who Phineas and Ferb are. Is it some kid's show or something?:shrug:

I actually find the show amusing. A couple of guys who worked on Family Guy now work on P&F. The shows have a lot in common, including the trademark cutaway gags. Of course, family-friendly though. Lol.

zooey

If film confirmation means attraction, maybe now the Magic Kingdom will get its Magic Kingdom attraction because the Magic Kingdom is finally getting a Magic Kingdom movie.
-zoo

_Scar

I actually find the show amusing. A couple of guys who worked on Family Guy now work on P&F. The shows have a lot in common, including the trademark cutaway gags. Of course, family-friendly though. Lol.

Family Guy workers are on it... so you know it's original and funny.

:lookaroun

:lol:

NewfieFan

Do not judge a book by it's cover! It's adult humor but in a kid's cartoon! Of course there's gags thrown in for the kids but I honestly look forward to the show coming on. It's brillant and some of the running jokes from episode to episode are amazing. It's the kind of show that would make Walt proud (I hate using quotes about Walt)... but he did like things that families could enjoy and do together. It's one show that our whole family can sit down and watch together... and enjoy it!

You should watch a few episodes, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

mhaftman7

I love the show. It's great for kids and adults. My son and all his friends watch it. As far as the Lizzie reference, I never saw that, but I don't know of any outrageous adventures like the ones P&F have. As far as the staying power, it's easy for a cartoon to do it because they don't age.

As for the ride idea, I would stay away from the roller coaster. Since the adventures on the show are outrageous and temporary, it would have to be a fantastic idea that disappears by the time you leave the ride. The only way I could see the roller coaster ride working is if it is the replacement for the Aerosmith R'n'R. Which would be incredibly easy to do. They could easily use music by "Love Handel", the ficticious '80s band that is used from time to time.

The only problem I could see with doing a rollercoaster is incorporating Agent P and Dr. Doofenschmirtz into the script.

JWG

Our whole family loves Phineas and Ferb. Agent P is a family favorite (but we like Doofenshmirtz too - he's a lovable evil doer).

A P&F attraction would be a great addition to the studios and something else to bridge kids and their parents. Not that Sounds Dangerous isn't state of the are or anything...

I don't know if they're from Family Guy but I know for a fact it's the same guys who did Rocko's Modern Life.

But I hope that the 3D/4D attraction comes to the Sounds Dangerous building. I mean sure the show might not be popular down the road but who would've thought Splash Mountain would call up Song of the South characters? If they make the attraction good enough to stand the test of time then the characters they put in it shouldn't effect it.

And they show may be long lasting. I mean who actually thought Spongebob would be around as long as it's been.

I don't know if they're from Family Guy but I know for a fact it's the same guys who did Rocko's Modern Life.

But I hope that the 3D/4D attraction comes to the Sounds Dangerous building. I mean sure the show might not be popular down the road but who would've thought Splash Mountain would call up Song of the South characters? If they make the attraction good enough to stand the test of time then the characters they put in it shouldn't effect it.

And they show may be long lasting. I mean who actually thought Spongebob would be around as long as it's been.

This is true I mean it has already been on the air for 4 years and from the looks of it, P&F aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Everywhere I go I see P&F stuff.

I think the show is great. Like others have said, it brings the family together. Myself, DH, and my three daughters ranging in age from 11-18 all watch P&F and laugh. My youngest was so upset she didn't see the characters inside the parks last trip. I know for a fact my whole family along with others would LOVE a P&F attraction.

Neverland

Besides the Playhouse Disney show, has there ever been any true attraction dedicated to a Disney Channel television show? (I'm not counting Kim Possible because it's not really a 'true' attraction, like a ride or show.)

thegrimace8604

If film confirmation means attraction, maybe now the Magic Kingdom will get its Magic Kingdom attraction because the Magic Kingdom is finally getting a Magic Kingdom movie.
-zoo

Yo Dawg, I hear you liked a Magic Kingdom in your Magic Kingdom, so I put a Magic Kingdom in your Magic Kingdom, so you can Visit the Magic Kingdom Magic Kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom