Petition To Save Spaceship Earth

LoriMistress

Why do you set up a petition at onlinepetition.com instead of writing our names on the board? It will be legit (for the most part), and it will be forwarded to the appropriate party.

CRJpilot

May SSE not suffer the same fate as the others...
RIP: Mr. Toad
Alien Encounter
Horizons
The Land
World of Motion
Captain E.O. <------- I just had to add that!
Daniel Hargrove

disney_nutter

entering your name here isnt going to stop anychange if it happens(which i very much doubt) as Fievel said this is just a another old rumour which has surfaced again. But hey if by entering your names you get another post added to your count why not hey

Gareth bleakley

bgraham34

I dont mind if they redesign the inside. But there is no way they would replace the globe. ITs a world Icon. So i can't sign the petition. Not yet anyways.

MsMouse104

As a Disney Cast member, I can say I have heard nothing about any possibility of Spaceship Earth being removed. It is the icon of the park, so the chances of it being dismantled are low. Also, less than two years ago there were some upgrades done. They were small, but I seriously doubt Eisner would allow expenditures on rehabbing if it was being dismantled. I believe Spaceship Earth is here to stay.

General Grizz

Just a note in between petition posts: the globe/geosphere itself will NOT be removed. . . Disney is seriously considering gutting the attraction and putting in a new ride, most likely featuring screen technology versus the animatronics experience.

Just to clarify, and hoping this falls through,

General Grizz

wannab@dis

Come on everyone!?! Do you really think Disney is going to remove SSE? I mean, sure, they may do a redesign of the ride, change the scenes, even upgrade the omnimover, but I seriously doubt they will remove the "big ball"!

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Come on everyone!?! Do you really think Disney is going to remove SSE? I mean, sure, they may do a redesign of the ride, change the scenes, even upgrade the omnimover, but I seriously doubt they will remove the "big ball"!

That's the point - No need to redesign. Maybe if they wanna refurb a bit, no problem.

The ride in itself is one of the only (if not the only) original part of EPCOT that still remains. They've gutted and changed everything else. Leave Spaceship Earth alone.

They could upgrade the omni-mover without gutting the whole inside. So do that.

wannab@dis

joviacdan said:
That's the point - No need to redesign. Maybe if they wanna refurb a bit, no problem.

The ride in itself is one of the only (if not the only) original part of EPCOT that still remains. They've gutted and changed everything else. Leave Spaceship Earth alone.
Which makes it over 20 years old and in need of some work! :)

I guess I see things differently. What if nothing ever changed? The entire WDW resort area would be empty with no visitors. There has to be change to keep everything fresh.

General Grizz

wannab@dis said:
Which makes it over 20 years old and in need of some work! :)

I guess I see things differently. What if nothing ever changed? The entire WDW resort area would be empty with no visitors. There has to be change to keep everything fresh.
WannaB, I don't think anyone here wants SE to remain exactly how it is now. Our concerns lie in the recent decisions of management to cut back spending on new attractions, especially quality-wise. We simply can't trust a management who has gotten rid of of well over 200+ AAs from Epcot, theme songs, and family-style attractions in order to bring out screen-based and quick rides.

Because other Epcot classics have been given this fate (lesser PROGRESS in a new attraction), we can't trust this management team (especially as the attraction would most likely use screens) - it is, after all, the last of its kind.

Until we are given more trust with management in seeing ultimate successes in all areas (where enhancing quality and theme are shown to be just as dominant as trying to bring new guests in), it's hard to be excited about this.

I, for one, would love an entire gutting of SE to redo the track system and bring about the latest in technology with the use of advanced Animatronics and the same attention to detail. But, based on every evidence we have from the management's track record, it's sad to say that we can't logically see this happening.

wannab@dis

General Grizz said:
WannaB, I don't think anyone here wants SE to remain exactly how it is now. Our concerns lie in the recent decisions of management to cut back spending on new attractions, especially quality-wise. We simply can't trust a management who has gotten rid of of well over 200+ AAs from Epcot, theme songs, and family-style attractions in order to bring out screen-based and quick rides.

Because other Epcot classics have been given this fate (lesser PROGRESS in a new attraction), we can't trust this management team (especially as the attraction would most likely use screens) - it is, after all, the last of its kind.

Until we are given more trust with management in seeing ultimate successes in all areas (where enhancing quality and theme are shown to be just as dominant as trying to bring new guests in), it's hard to be excited about this.

I, for one, would love an entire gutting of SE to redo the track system and bring about the latest in technology with the use of advanced Animatronics and the same attention to detail. But, based on every evidence we have from the management's track record, it's sad to say that we can't logically see this happening.
I'm not sure that I agree with the quality being cut back. Surely you understand that not everyone LOVED WoM, but really enjoy Test Track. Not everyone loved Horizons, but enjoys M:S. I'm not going to say where I'm at, but I will say this, I pass up TT many times because I don't think the wait is worth it. Now, there are huge number of guests out there that rode WoM once and had "blah.. not my thing" but then they ride TT several times every trip. The opposite is also true.

Now, my point in all of that is this... there has to be a balance. I personally feel that Epcot is now getting a balance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom